2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want him sacked, and even more so if we fail to win against God awful Brighton, which is exactly the type of game we like to lose.

Win that in style, and I would give him these games and tell him at least a cup win and six points is needed for him to keep his job:

Cup: Watford H

Spurs H
Saints A
Norwich H

Fail to do that and we go into December with these fixtures before Christmas:

Leicester A
Liverpool A
Chelsea H
United A
Arsenal H

Can you imagine going into those fixtures in the bottom 3 - 5 in the league? That what it will be if we don't pick up good points from the next 4 games.

If that's the case, it's the perfect time to get a new manager in and hope for the New Manager Syndrome. Let's face it, we're expected to lose all 5 of those comfortably.

If we have a bad run now, and stick with Silva, we'll almost certainly be bottom of the league come Christmas Day.

whatever the case he needs to have a shockingly good December to balance out them results in that easy run.

whatever the case he needs to have a shockingly good December to balance out them results in that easy run.

achievable, we are deadly if play in the correct way. Very few team can cope with a front four playing with pace power and dribbling ability. Play to our strength and I will not be surprise how well we can do.
The only reason that prevent us from doing so is Silva himself, and his believe that football should be play with a high tempo counter attacking way.

So he generally picks his favourites, bit like Moyes, Koeman, Martinez....actually this list is endless. All managers pick their favourites dont they ? I guess it's down to the attitude of the players, work hard in training, arrive on time, dont stir up trouble. I would hate to be a manager. You try to instill a good working environment and it's a guarantee that the more flair a player has... more than likely that makes them a maverick in the changing room. Walcott for example comes across like a consummate pro, bet he works his socks off in training and wont say boo to a goose. I guess that's why he was picked over Lookman, if Lookman kept getting games but was eroding the dressing room, what kind of group message would that of sent the rest ??
Tough...tough job this manager lark I bet.
Of course he’s not alone in having “favourites”, the point is he blindly sticks with them when they’re not performing whilst others don’t get afforded the same luxury.

We’ve literally had 4 defeats on the spin before Saturday, awful defeats to boot, and he didn’t change personnel or formation to halt that until Saturday, when changes were FORCED upon him.

I’ve seen some on here giving him credit over the last 24/48 hours for changing it up! He had no choice!!

Of course he’s not alone in having “favourites”, the point is he blindly sticks with them when they’re not performing whilst others don’t get afforded the same luxury.

We’ve literally had 4 defeats on the spin before Saturday, awful defeats to boot, and he didn’t change personnel or formation to halt that until Saturday, when changes were FORCED upon him.

I’ve seen some on here giving him credit over the last 24/48 hours for changing it up! He had no choice!!
After thinking that Silva had been more forward thinking in his approach and commending him for changing the lineup and formation, and then reading that Delph and Schneiderlin were both injured, and the changes had been forced upon him, I can only think that he is very fortunate to be in a job this morning.

If this win and the manner achieved does not make him see that Schneiderlin and Sigurdson in the starting lineup is not the way forward, then he deserves the severance package...:Blink:

I wasnt defending his blindness per se I was just pointing out that all managers pick their faves and it must be really hard not to..
I'm certainly not letting him off the ridiculous subs he has made, or sticking with players that went performing. I'm just glad that I dont have that pressure and it cant be nice being constantly let down with your personell choices.

After thinking that Silva had been more forward thinking in his approach and commending him for changing the lineup and formation, and then reading that Delph and Schneiderlin were both injured, and the changes had been forced upon him, I can only think that he is very fortunate to be in a job this morning.

If this win and the manner achieved does not make him see that Schneiderlin and Sigurdson in the starting lineup is not the way forward, then he deserves the severance package...:Blink:
Pretty confident they won’t be in the starting line up on Saturday, he wouldn’t dare.

But if we don’t get a win/performance on Saturday then they’ll be straight back in the game after.

Davies won’t get a consistent run in the side because he hasn’t trusted him so far to do that. Last season he made him captain, he played particularly well in an away game (can’t remember who it was against, may have been in the cup?) and was then inexplicably dropped the next game and we never saw him again.

Look it sounds like I’m anti Silva here and that’s not the case at all. Silva is the first manager I’ve liked since Moyes left but he does frustrate me at times.

His record before coming to the UK is actually a good one. He’s won pots and broken club records at his previous clubs and the “he relegated Hull” nonsense is such a lazy stick to beat him with considering he took over a sinking ship that was bottom of the league and had such a truly woeful squad that it was almost impossible to keep them up.

There were also mitigating circumstances around Watford’s downturn in form that got him sacked that those on here know only too well but will conveniently ignore.

I still believe he has something about him and deserves time to turn our fortunes around but that will obviously depend on imminent results.

A defeat on Saturday followed by an exit in the cup at home to Watford and nobody including him could have too many complaints if the axe fell.

Hopefully that won’t be the case and Saturday was the start of a good run of form. The cup is the big one for me, beat Watford and we’re in the quarters. Get a good home draw after that then who knows!

He could get himself in the Goodison history books and become the first manager in our history to win the League Cup!

I honestly couldn’t care less about Koeman, Martinez or any other manager that picks their “favourites”.

This is a thread about Marco Silva.

I think he has to win at Brighton, but it's the nature of the performance that matters as well.

As a minimum we have to play with the same levels of commitment and intent we showed on Saturday.

Things can go against a team on the day, but I don't accept the limp no-shows we get in away games, with nobody at all seeming to care.

There is no reason why we have to continually default to this when you see what we can produce when we are up for it.

It's a problem which has gone before Silva, but it is his responsibility to fix.

We will come away from games with something more often than not if the lads put a shift in for 90 minutes.

Well in, Marco.

You made some good changes on Saturday - but for your sake it's so important now that you continue to show some tactical flexibility and start being more proactive and less reactive.

He has to know that his head is still on the chopping block here. This side absolutely needs to start showing some consistancy and if it doesn't then he still needs to go.

Simply has to keep the same team at Brighton irrespective whether any of the usual underperformers are fit again. I know Walcott has been one of those but he looked sharp on Saturday, as did most.

Status
Not open for further replies.