2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully he sticks with it next week, same team etc

One thing I will say that koeman and Martinez didn't have, the players clearly do like MARCO and seem to play for him ( they were all excellent yesterday)
yesterday this was very clear to see, so why have they not been arsed for most of this season? Weird. There’s no doubt it must be quite difficult to motivate millionaire footballers.

yesterday this was very clear to see, so why have they not been arsed for most of this season? Weird. There’s no doubt it must be quite difficult to motivate millionaire footballers.

Exactly mate that's the frustrating bit but players do come out and say he's boss and that, weird one like init. He could have been sacked a few times during his spell but he hasn't

No

If he is winning then that is the most important thing. If he is losing then his job should come into question.

So if come end of the season he finishes 10th with an average record then we should replace him. If he loses another 4 in a row from now.then we have to replace him.

It's basing it on results and performance rather than knee jerk reactions. If we had lost yesterday, would I have wanted him sacked this week? Absolutely. Because it wouldn't have been one defeat, it would have been 5 in a row. However one win where he changed the team, style and mentality shows progress. As I say it is up to him to continue that or face the backlash for failing.

We can only give him time and now he will get that to show us if can cut it or not

Less calling you a liar than questioning the accuracy of your recollection to be honest.

but this has gone way off topic
I've not been retired for two years yet so my recollections are fresh. If you read your post calling me a liar is exactly what you did. We have a sub-forum covering mental health issues where many post about the stresses they face because they are overworked. Ask a few of them if their employers will accept less than 100%. As for me my mobile started ringing on my way to the office and didn't stop while I was gulping down a sandwich at my desk or when driving home. But back to the original point if you think that professional footballers who by looking at social media spend a lot of time playing either computer games or golf before,in the case of Everton usually one game a week and can't put their heart and soul into every one then you'll be content with another top ten finish. Sad to say you only have to look across the park for the levels of intensity required every game.

I have it on 'good authority' that there was overtime paid for every single day of the international break.

Those poor secretarys were hand copying all of @ForeverBlue92 's posts onto post-it notes and sticking them all over finch farm + the home changing room at Goodison.

Fantastic motivating technique by Silva...to have them draw a smiley face at the bottom of each message.

The players loved the pink and yellow colours and loved the parody.

Please dont stop @ForeverBlue92

he needs to go on a run

he can't get a reprieve if he wins 1 in every 4 or 5
100 percent needs to make up the damage. After that, no more massive lulls, monstrous losing streaks or janky lineup disasters. I truly believe that Silva is his own worst enemy at times and he was absolutely forced to make changes today rather than of his own free will.

Maybe that bit of humility will help him in the long run. Maybe he will go back to being an idiot. Please, for the love of all that is holy, win next weekend Marco.

I still want him sacked, and even more so if we fail to win against God awful Brighton, which is exactly the type of game we like to lose.

Win that in style, and I would give him these games and tell him at least a cup win and six points is needed for him to keep his job:

Cup: Watford H

Spurs H
Saints A
Norwich H

Fail to do that and we go into December with these fixtures before Christmas:

Leicester A
Liverpool A
Chelsea H
United A
Arsenal H

Can you imagine going into those fixtures in the bottom 3 - 5 in the league? That what it will be if we don't pick up good points from the next 4 games.

If that's the case, it's the perfect time to get a new manager in and hope for the New Manager Syndrome. Let's face it, we're expected to lose all 5 of those comfortably.

If we have a bad run now, and stick with Silva, we'll almost certainly be bottom of the league come Christmas Day.

I like Silva and I’m still backing (or willing) him to succeed, but one thing frustrates me more than anything else about him and that’s his insistence on sticking with his favourites for far too long when they’re clearly not performing.

Ive no doubt Davies will keep his place next weekend, he knows he’ll be crucified if he drops him, but one poor performance and you can bet your bottom dollar that’s all the excuses he’ll need to drop him again and Davies will completely disappear again.

Meanwhile, others can play consistently poorly and yet seem to be given chance after chance after chance. How can that be right?

He doesn’t seem capable of changing quickly enough, something that clearly isn’t working. Zonal marking another case in point.

Changes were forced on him yesterday with suspensions and injuries and there’s a freshness about our play that we haven’t seen all season. Sidibie was excellent, would he have played if Coleman wasn’t suspended? Almost certainly no.

Would Davies have been given the chance if Schneiderlin or Delph weren’t injured? 100% no. He stumbled across a line up that turned out to perform superbly and he got very lucky IMO.

So he generally picks his favourites, bit like Moyes, Koeman, Martinez....actually this list is endless. All managers pick their favourites dont they ? I guess it's down to the attitude of the players, work hard in training, arrive on time, dont stir up trouble. I would hate to be a manager. You try to instill a good working environment and it's a guarantee that the more flair a player has... more than likely that makes them a maverick in the changing room. Walcott for example comes across like a consummate pro, bet he works his socks off in training and wont say boo to a goose. I guess that's why he was picked over Lookman, if Lookman kept getting games but was eroding the dressing room, what kind of group message would that of sent the rest ??
Tough...tough job this manager lark I bet.

I've done my best to avoid posting in here, but my opinion is that unless we are in a relegation scrap I would give him until the end of the season whatever happens

Even if we are going to sack him in and get someone else in, we would have more time to plan properly during the course of the season

Unless it looks like he might take us down, what's the point of bringing in an interim manager?

And if the argument is that we should sack him and bring someone in now, that's far easier said than done unless the new man is unemployed

Status
Not open for further replies.