2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to really show he has turned a corner now for me - no more slumps or losing 3-4 games on the bounce to poor opposition should be acceptable. I hope that he can turn out to be a good manager for us and prove the doubters (myself included) wrong though.

It’s never acceptable but it’s not a sacking offence either.

18 months into something that everyone seemed to agree would take 3 years to sort out originally, he deserves our support. He’s certainly shown more than enough to deserve it.

There always ups and downs, there will be no matter who’s in charge. We’ve got to hold our nerve during the difficult periods so the good times become more the norm which they will.

Ive taken nothing but abuse for near 18 months on here for having the gaul calling out Silva (before it was popular doing so as yano transition season and all that) despite me providing every shred of evidence possible that he is a dud.

So yes when I see fans think we've turned a corner after 1 win I'll call our fanbase out.

If you dont think fans think we have turned a corner genuinely go read twitter, FB etc its embarassing.

I just dont get carried away - Walcott apparently is a mainstay after 1 good game in 2 years - he'll be back to being a scapegoat next weekend.

I get the need for some positivity after 4 losses on the trot but I just cba with the plazzy "lets hope a corner has been turned" when we said that abar 5 times last season and here we are 13th after 9 relatively easy games City aside who even Wolves and Norwich have beaten this season.

No. People just aren’t fuming we’ve won a game like you are.

No. People just aren’t fuming we’ve won a game like you are.

I wasn't fuming we won mate - im fuming that its won Silva more time to destabilise yet another season as this is what it is always going to be - 1 convincing win here and there followed by a mixed bag of inconsistent results.

I dont blame Silva fully for that - the players need asking why do they put in performances and effort like that one week but not against Burnley and Sheffield Utd etc.

I suppose we'll know more by Xmas but if Europe looks beyond us then its yet another season that we've let slip through our fingers - I just want us for once to have something to fight for - its become tedius knowing come January the seasons over and thats the path we are heading down again with this fella in charge unless he pulls a rabbit out the hat but statistically the chances of that are very slim when the stats against him are so damning.

Silva will be judged on his full season no doubt. Pretty sure Everton are in the market for the next manager already but it will be done properly with Brands this time. We’ve already dropped too many big points to make the top 6 unless we get some serious good luck or slay all of the big sides in December, so realistically Everton know it’s already very unlikely Silva will make what I expect to be his main objective of European football next season.

His saving grace could be winning the league cup

I wasn't fuming we won mate - im fuming that its won Silva more time to destabilise yet another season as this is what it is always going to be - 1 convincing win here and there followed by a mixed bag of inconsistent results.

I dont blame Silva fully for that - the players need asking why do they put in performances and effort like that one week but not against Burnley and Sheffield Utd etc.

I suppose we'll know more by Xmas but if Europe looks beyond us then its yet another season that we've let slip through our fingers - I just want us for once to have something to fight for - its become tedius knowing come January the seasons over and thats the path we are heading down again with this fella in charge unless he pulls a rabbit out the hat but statistically the chances of that are very slim when the stats against him are so damning.

We are 3 points off Europe.

Last time I looked the season didn`t finish after nine games :coffee:

Ps - you`ve been at it solid now for about 8 hrs.

Can you let me know at what point you get bored saying the same thing over and over again and I`ll come back then ???

Last time I looked the season didn`t finish after nine games :coffee:

Ps - you`ve been at it solid now for about 8 hrs.

Can you let me know at what point you get bored saying the same thing over and over again and I`ll come back then ???

People said that last season - when do the fans finally admit there is no progression?

Last season it was all "this is a transition season he has no excuses we have to perform next year"

Well 9 games in with as easy fixtures you could ask for we are worse than where we were last season (we also had about 7-8 injuries earlier on last season not 2 that apparently Marco has been unlucky with so far).

All I see is £200 million spent and no better off than Koeman or Alladyce yet because the players love the manager and turn up for him 1 game every half dozen its sound.

Honestly... I don’t believe you mate, sorry.

I’m in sales myself. I’m ok at it, but I know some people who are absolutely brilliant. Never miss a target, loved by their customers, managers and colleagues alike.

Not a single one of them, when answering honestly, would say they give 100% for every minute of every working day.

If you genuinely did, then fair play, but you’re in a very small minority (quite possibly a minority of 1).
Quite within your rights to call me a liar. All I can say it depends on the type of company you work for,the financial benefits at stake and your generations views on work ethic.

Quite within your rights to call me a liar. All I can say it depends on the type of company you work for,the financial benefits at stake and your generations views on work ethic.
Less calling you a liar than questioning the accuracy of your recollection to be honest.

but this has gone way off topic

People said that last season - when do the fans finally admit there is no progression?

Last season it was all "this is a transition season he has no excuses we have to perform next year"

Well 9 games in with as easy fixtures you could ask for we are worse than where we were last season (we also had about 7-8 injuries earlier on last season not 2 that apparently Marco has been unlucky with so far).

All I see is £200 million spent and no better off than Koeman or Alladyce yet because the players love the manager and turn up for him 1 game every half dozen its sound.

Yes thats just it, last season was transitional, this season is the season he shows hes worthy.

9 games in and its defo must do better, but he will have been set targets by the Board and by normal sane fans like me.

The target is clear, to progress from last season, which means go further in the cups and improve on 8th place from last season, thats all you can ask, progress.

If no progress has been made in May, well then you have a look and see how far away we are.

4 defeats on the bounce put everybodys back up, I think the poll to sack him was at 90% at 1 point, thats pretty conclusive as to what most people thought, so guess what, you aint special.

We won yesterday and we won very well, he changed the team and the tactics, we even binned off zonal marking, it shows hes willing to change, it shows he can adapt. So he bought himself more time yes, its his job to lose at this point.

We all know you dont like him, we all know you dont think hes good enough, guess what, neither do I, I didnt like Martinez, Koeman and I dont like Silva, but I will support them, for every day they are in charge of the club they get my support, cos if they win, we win, if they prove my doubts wrong, WE WIN. If not we get another fella in and we go again.

hopefully he sticks with it next week, same team etc

One thing I will say that koeman and Martinez didn't have, the players clearly do like MARCO and seem to play for him ( they were all excellent yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.