2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 points worse off after 7 games.

Yeah, that's damning alright. :coffee:

Its not just 7 games though is it. Since them first 7 games last season, there have been 38 league games, several cup games, a pre season and 2 transfer windows and after all of that time and experience we have gone backwards with less points and a minus 6 goal difference.

So yes very damning indeed. It is an absolute disgrace tbh and you should not accept it either. No Evertonian should.

Lets not overreact to one result

Palace 0 - 0 EFC palace have no defence also main forwards aren’t playing, Everton luckily scrape a draw.

EFC 1 - 0 Watford - Only thing worse than Everton’s performance was Watford, poor.

AVFC 2 - 0 EFC - Everton out played by a championship quality side, big concerns over Gomes’s performance, painful.

Lincoln 2 - 4 EFC - Everton first eleven struggled early he but eventually see off league 1 opposition, Lincoln rested half their team.

EFC 3 - 2 Wolves - poor defending at both ends Everton slightly better side against a rotated wolves side struggling with their Europa league schedule.

Bmouth 3 - 1 EFC - terrible first half DCL gets a needed goal, bmouth change their plan at half time allow Everton possession and counter end up easy winners. Dejected Silva has no answers with 15 to go.

EFC 0 - 2 SUFC - terrible deserved to lose.

SWFC 0 - 2 EFC - Everton first 11 beat Sheffield Wednesday reserves two nil, Everton worked on controlling the lead but hung on with a good save from Pickford and two set piece sitters missed by Wednesday.

Everton 1 - 3 MCFC some good spells from EFC but result was never in doubt, lots of space for KDB as Everton focus on marking Rodri out of the game. Not too strenuous for city.

Overall 3/10

position 15th

Why is it managers that are deemed to play "good football" largely get a pass with our fans?

The fanbase couldn't wait to sack Koeman and Alladyce and had we had Moshiri during the Moyes years most would have wanted him gone too.

Yet our two biggest failures Martinez and Silva get excuse after excuse - no coincidence that they are young, foreign and are stubborn with playing a 'certain' way.

Baffling.

Having his best DM sold and not replacing his best CB...that has to be taken on board in analysis of progression...and bedding in Brands' wheeze of bringing in a 19 year old 'saviour' up front.
While I have summer sympathy for that, I also think the lack of awareness about game management, the inability of the team to maintain focus throughout games, the same repeated errors in zonal marking and one dimensional tactics are not helping his cause.

Where we have had spells of good performance, they come abruptly to an end, because complacent and lethargic in games we should be expected to win. That is down to Silva.

I am very impressed with his ability to get a team relegated and get the sack from his next job. He wasn't good enough for Watford and he's certainly not good enough for Everton.
middle-finger.png

While I have summer sympathy for that, I also think the lack of awareness about game management, the inability of the team to maintain focus throughout games, the same repeated errors in zonal marking and one dimensional tactics are not helping his cause.

Where we have had spells of good performance, they come abruptly to an end, because complacent and lethargic in games we should be expected to win. That is down to Silva.
The team is not blended.

IMO that's a lot to do with the dual power of coach and DoF.

I dislike the latter post, it's a BS one for me. It leads to confusion and lack of clarity of purpose.

Why is it managers that are deemed to play "good football" largely get a pass with our fans?

The fanbase couldn't wait to sack Koeman and Alladyce and had we had Moshiri during the Moyes years most would have wanted him gone too.

Yet our two biggest failures Martinez and Silva get excuse after excuse - no coincidence that they are young, foreign and are stubborn with playing a 'certain' way.

Baffling.
I’m not saying silva is the right man fur the job. But playing the style he wants, is the only way to to have a chance of success in the modern game. Negative defensive football will never challenge at the top anymore. Even Jose struggled at Utd with a 700mil pound squad.

Spot on forever.

I think young people today are influenced by social media so much and like to `fit it' rather be free thinkers.

When allardyce was sacked and Silva brought in I was with a much younger group of evertonians. I suggested to them that there was nil rational
evidence that Silva would do a better job.

They all to man looked at me like I had declared myself a peadophile. They could hardly speak they were so angry.

I have been wrong a million times but not on that one and I always try to look at things from a calm, non judgemental rational manner.

I wonder if those young lads can remember how wrong they were and if they will take take out and think clearly and rationally about their thoughts
on similar subjects in future.

Spot on forever.

I think young people today are influenced by social media so much and like to `fit it' rather be free thinkers.

When allardyce was sacked and Silva brought in I was with a much younger group of evertonians. I suggested to them that there was nil rational
evidence that Silva would do a better job.

They all to man looked at me like I had declared myself a peadophile. They could hardly speak they were so angry.

I have been wrong a million times but not on that one and I always try to look at things from a calm, non judgemental rational manner.

I wonder if those young lads can remember how wrong they were and if they will take take out and think clearly and rationally about their thoughts
on similar subjects in future.

The choice should never have been Silva or Sam

Other managers do exist. Sam had to go but Silva has been a shoddy appointment. Very small time and not something a big club does.

I’m not saying silva is the right man fur the job. But playing the style he wants, is the only way to to have a chance of success in the modern game. Negative defensive football will never challenge at the top anymore. Even Jose struggled at Utd with a 700mil pound squad.
Steve, you really think that the only way to success is to try and emulate Barcelona and Man City to reach the top.

Remember, Leicester won the league having been quite rightly 5000/1 pre season. They did it because they stumbled on the perfect counter attacking
system with right set of players. Those players individually were worth way less than the players of about 6 teams that year but won the league over 38 matches.

To try and break into the top 6 then top 4 needs a clear plan.

I think trying to emulate what Man C and Lpool have done is not necessarily the way to go about it. City have bought there way to an incredible
attacking squad, lpool `got lucky' to get an incredible attacking squad and spent a big sum and some small ones on some outstanding defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.