• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s almost as if people forgot this season was going to be an overhaul. Most people weren’t expecting a top half finish to start the season. Now everyone is acting like it’s unacceptable if we don’t finish top 8.
Most people wasn’t expecting a top half finish? What on Earth are you talking about?

I don’t know any Evertonians that weren’t expecting less than 7th, never mind top 10.

We had 3 woeful managers last season, with an awful squad, and still managed to get 8th.

This supposedly superior manager and squad should be bettering that result.

That’s an insane way to run a business.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to what Moshiri says. Listen to what Brands says.
Bringing in big players has big rewards Chelsea united and city figured it out a long time ago.

In two transfer windows either of those teams can build a title winning side if they spend enough and bring in world class players.

"People of low wages" stinks of Moyes "were only one or two players away from top 4" talk, and we have been there before for about 8 years under Moyes.

Bringing in big players has big rewards Chelsea united and city figured it out a long time ago.

In two transfer windows either of those teams can build a title winning side if they spend enough and bring in world class players.

"People of low wages" stinks of Moyes "were only one or two players away from top 4" talk, and we have been there before for about 8 years under Moyes.
Have you seen us trying to spend big?

It’s ended up with Yannick Bolasie being on our books for the foreseeable future.

For me at least, I’d rather we were looking for players who have something to prove and aren’t just coming here for the wedge.

We can’t just endlessly raise the wage bill without the club finding ways to generate more income. It is not enough to have an owner with deep pockets , financial restrictions limit our scope of actions and we have to be savvy with our recruitment and balance our budget, it may be unpalatable but that is the way it is.
Chelsea and City and their introduction of vast financial resources are one of the the reasons these laws where put in place so comparing us to them at present is slightly disingenuous. Those clubs have been able to grow their business thanks to the introduction of these large amounts of capital and coupled with the subsequent success this strategy enabled them to currently generate far more money than we can realistically hope for in the near future.
We can’t follow their pathway no matter how wealthy our owners may or may not be, our approach will require more patient at all levels, including player recruitment.

How can that be tho mate. It’s West Ham and wolves. It is shocking
Comes from the top, down the manager to the players there's no pressure . Even most fans shrug about utter failure and mediocrity. Silva although he plays the right way and I agree he needs time he just isn't a winner either.

I think most people are more concerned about the commitment, tactics, and overall predictably.
If people could see all of the above improve I think most people would willingly accept a mid table finish
At present it is pretty woeful viewing
I agree that we have been poor as of late. The collapse at Anfield turned the season on its head. Prior to that, we competed in almost every game and came away with a string of good results.

I’ve said it before that I don’t think Silva is a leader of men. Can the squad recover from that mental breakdown under his leadership? I honestly don’t know. We won’t ever win anything if we keep croaking at the slightest hint of adversity.

Most people wasn’t expecting a top half finish? What on Earth are you talking about?

I don’t know any Evertonians that weren’t expecting less than 7th, never mind top 10.

We had 3 woeful managers last season, with an awful squad, and still managed to get 8th.

This supposedly superior manager and squad should be bettering that result.

I'm not really arsed whether we finish 7th or 13th.

At the start of the season I was just hoping that we see a clear improvement in the squad, consistency and good football by the end of the season as a sign of overall progression that can be the foundation going forward. I'll be more concerned if we're carrying on like this in February/March with no signs of improvement or further deterioration.

How a championship team were able to get him whern the best we could do is Silva is a bit depressing

The prem is he most risk averse league around. He was never getting a PL job without getting promoted. Leeds is probably the perfect English club for him. After so much misfortune they’re in a position where they’ll let him do what he wants. A PL club wouldn’t be that humble

I think that's the problem. They've been smarter than us. They might not quite have our cash, but they've been clever.

And during the time they were being clever, we had Steve Walsh. I don’t think it can be under estimated how much he’s set us back

The prem is he most risk averse league around. He was never getting a PL job without getting promoted. Leeds is probably the perfect English club for him. After so much misfortune they’re in a position where they’ll let him do what he wants. A PL club wouldn’t be that humble

And during the time they were being clever, we had Steve Walsh. I don’t think it can be under estimated how much he’s set us back
Bielsa teams have a tendency to go into meltdown. His style is exhausting and drains his players over the season. They have already had a major blip, though they have recovered with the Derby win. Let’s see how they go from here.

I'm not really arsed whether we finish 7th or 13th.

At the start of the season I was just hoping that we see a clear improvement in the squad, consistency and good football by the end of the season as a sign of overall progression that can be the foundation going forward. I'll be more concerned if we're carrying on like this in February/March with no signs of improvement or further deterioration.
I don’t think having an ‘not arsed’ attitude to finishing as low as 13th would be helpful.

We want to show perspective players that we’re a good club to join. Who wants to join a bottom half club?

Thankfully Moshiri feels the same.

I don’t think having an ‘not arsed’ attitude to finishing as low as 13th would be helpful.

We want to show perspective players that we’re a good club to join. Who wants to join a bottom half club?

Thankfully Moshiri feels the same.

If we finished 13th I don’t think Moshface would blame it all on Silva and would expect him to stay.
I would expect more change in playing staff though.

Chelsea and Man U were all capable of blowing the competition out of the water with their finances at various times and make it so nobody could afford to turn their offers down. City were transformed by being able to offer ludicrous amounts of money to get those first few big names through the door and subsequently boost their reputation.

Everton simply don't have the financial clout to do that in this market and have to find a different way.

Status
Not open for further replies.