• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. Gomes or another CM, Zouma or another CB

That would make sense.

I guess if Schniederlin/McCarthy go, or Gana, we might move for another.

I thought we might go for 2 CBs with Jags going, but we need to build gradually.

4 or 5 quality additions a season is fine.

Would that make Sosa for the U23s if he signs as he is a CM?

ole at the wheel, Lampard on the titanic, Emery on the skateboard

i think we can break top 6 this year

Yep if a team like us or Wolves had a Mourinho calibre manager with a big budget the top 6 would be under big threat.

I feel however the clubs outside that bracket are too inconsistent in their managers tactical abilities to rack up the points tally required.

For me im happy with 7th and hopefully good showings in the cups as we realistically wont be challenging those above 7th at present.

Yep if a team like us or Wolves had a Mourinho calibre manager with a big budget the top 6 would be under big threat.

I feel however the clubs outside that bracket are too inconsistent in their managers tactical abilities to rack up the points tally required.

For me im happy with 7th and hopefully good showings in the cups as we realistically wont be challenging those above 7th at present.

Your Mourinho obsession is kinda weird

It's pathetic that I read the first two and feel that's asking a bit much. Christ.
Why do you feel that way, we came close in the Derby at Anfield and we were not outclassed at Arsenal, United, Chelsea or Spurs, I think the team will improve although it all depends how we do in the transfer market, even so I’m optimistic we can beat Liverpool and win away at a top club and win more than five times away during the season and we can definitely beat anyone at home in the cups. I really don’t think it is too much to expect all of these happening.

Your Mourinho obsession is kinda weird

Fella wins trophies.

Managers like him and Allegri, Conte have the ability to make teams CL quality.

Managers like Silva, Nuno and the like IMO haven't the tactical ability/nous to realistically turn a side from mid table to regulary finishing in the top 4/6.

People slate Pochettino but what he's done with a very limited budget at Spurs is amazing.

Fella wins trophies.

Managers like Silva, Nuno and the like IMO haven't the tactical ability/nous to realistically turn a side from mid table to regulary finishing in the top 4/6.

People slate Pochettino but what he's done with a very limited budget at Spurs is amazing.

He's that good now there was talk of him going back to Chelsea for a 4th time or Celtic, yet no links to Juve, Roma, Sevilla, West Brom, Scotland or Kilmarnock

He's that good now there was talk of him going back to Chelsea for a 4th time or Celtic, yet no links to Juve, Roma, Sevilla, West Brom, Scotland or Kilmarnock

Imagine thinking Jose Mourinho isnt a good manager lol lol lol lol

Put it this way - give him a 3-4 year contract and boom goes our long wait for a trophy. He's a serial winner mate only those with an obvious agenda against the bloke would argue any different.

Dont think he's as good as what he was in his prime but he's far far from being finished.

Fella wins trophies.

I would say that only Jose at Porto actually made a club CL quality; the others were bought into established CL clubs. Not saying they are not any good, but they had their up ups and downs before getting a gig at bigger clubs. I include Poch in that as well.

Maybe Silva has the ability to do what you reckon those did? (But actually didnt).

Imagine thinking Jose Mourinho isnt a good manager lol lol lol lol

Put it this way - give him a 3-4 year contract and boom goes our long wait for a trophy. He's a serial winner mate only those with an obvious agenda against the bloke would argue any different.

Dont think he's as good as what he was in his prime but he's far far from being finished.

Didn't say he wasn't, he's just not at the level he was once, United showed that in the fact they still fired him even though he won a European trophy for them. There is no guarantee he'd instantly win us a trophy or even last 3-4 years if performances dropped to the levels United's did if Koeman got the boot for worse and Silva was under real pressure over the winter for our downturn

If he's not finished then why have three of the top Champion's League sides not considered him for their respective vacancies, I mean Sevilla went with a guy sacked by the Spanish FA 2 days before last summer's World Cup for taking the Real job that he only lasted half a season at

I would say that only Jose at Porto actually made a club CL quality; the others were bought into established CL clubs. Not saying they are not any good, but they had their up ups and downs before getting a gig at bigger clubs. I include Poch in that as well.

Maybe Silva has the ability to do what you reckon those did? (But actually didnt).

I just think he like the majority of managers in world football have a glass ceiling.

Him and Nuno at Wolves are good playing their own game but dont have the nous the very best managers have of adapting to certain situations either during or before kick off.

I saw it a good few times last season when teams switched it around Silva struggled to adjust likewise against the sides who came out trying to combat our tactics.

Nuno is the same its why they are so good against the better sides who focus on their own game whereas they struggle against the teams who line up specifically to combat Wolves set up.

Silva is still young so hopefully he develops and learns whilst at us but I think in football you largely get what you pay for and we are rightfully at present in that 7-11th group and will be until we unearth a Poch/Moyes bargain or have the £££/ambition to target a top tier manager

Fella wins trophies.

Do explain this further. Seeing as silva has only had 1 full season in the prem with a single club. And nuno has had a very good first season with wolves??

Do explain this further. Seeing as silva has only had 1 full season in the prem with a single club. And nuno has had a very good first season with wolves??

Like I said from what I've seen of Silva at Hull, Watford (albeit brief spells) and 1 season at us he's a good manager in setting his side to play his way but his in game management, subs and ability to adjust against sides who focus on our weaknesses are not great.

Same as Nuno - they beat most the top 6 as those sides play their own game and Nuno's strength is his set up, yet look how many times crap sides like Huddersfield and Cardiff took points off them because he seemed to massively struggle in adjusting his tactics to combat sides who set up to combat his way of playing.

Wolves had a great season yet still finished abar 10+ points behind arguably the weakest top 6 (outside of City and RS) in recent years. That tells you just how big a task it is to break into that group especially without a top quality manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.