• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling to see the B Grade as well to be honest

We would have had to properly challenge for a European place or had a decent stab at winning a trophy for him to be in the B category for me

Watford, a team in our bracket, reached the FA Cup Final for instance, so there's no reason why we shouldn't have expected to at least get to the latter stages
I think some are basing their grades in comparison to Koelardyce and Bobby, which is not the way I am judging it. As a stand-alone season, it was very meh- at least for me. I want to see big strides next season. We don’t even have to worry about a European campaign, so there will be no excuses.

I think some are basing their grades in comparison to Koelardyce and Bobby, which is not the way I am judging it. As a stand-alone season, it was very meh- at least for me. I want to see big strides next season. We don’t even have to worry about a European campaign, so there will be no excuses.

This strong close to the season bumped him from D to C for me

As you say, it needs to be better next season, but I'm hopeful it will be

I went with B, more like a B-. We were streaky and what put me over the edge was our results against the top teams, at least near the end of the season. The fact he was able to seemingly right a sinking ship is good and leads me to believe that he may be decent at man management.
My thinking exactly. Giving him a B is generous, but id rather be too positive than too negative for once.

We pay the 6th most in wages and have invested heavily in recent times
Not really a stick you can beat Marco with, considering whom some of those fees were spent on and wages paid to. Especially those that are not even at the club. Nothing he can do about, or with, that.

Not really a stick you can beat Marco with, considering whom some of those fees were spent on and wages paid to. Especially those that are not even at the club. Nothing he can do about, or with, that.

You are completely right that it isn't his fault how much we are paying, but if I look at the teams around us I wouldn't swap ours for another, we also have greater depth. If he can't get a tune out of x then he should have been able to get something out of Y.

Our mainly flat season has been caused by that December to February run of form and even before that the problems switching to zonal marking, without those issues we could have had a cracking season. He gets a lot of leeway as it still is night and day better than last year's tripe and the fact that he eventually did get us out of the trough. In future though he can't let a third of the season just go to waste.

I back him 100% I just feel he (we) could have and should have done more this season. The questions that will be answered next will be can he hack lots of games in a short period of time. I can't say for sure that was part of the dip but strange how as soon as we were playing (mostly) once a week our form picked up no end. Perhaps he is so meticulous that he just hasn't got a standard plan that can work in 85% of matches?

A - Winning the league
B - Qualify for CL
C - Qualify for EL/deep cup run
A - Brilliant
B - Good
C - Okay
D - Should do better
E - Poor
F - Complete Failure

I think the GOT members have got it just about right. He's done OK for his first season in which he brought in a lot of new players, had to change/introduce a new system, and had to pick up a number of players who were quivering wrecks last season.

Expectations for next season are now higher, and we need him to be a B this time next year if we are to consider keeping him. What denotes a B? I would say continue playing confident attacking effective football against the bigger clubs, finding some sort of system for consistently knocking over the smaller clubs, establishing ourselves as clear 7th and mounting a serious challenge to the teams above us, and having a good run in at least one of the cups. A final would be great.

A - Brilliant
B - Good
C - Okay
D - Should do better
E - Poor
F - FRAUD
G - GET OUT OF MY CLUB

I think the GOT members have got it just about right. He's done OK for his first season in which he brought in a lot of new players, had to change/introduce a new system, and had to pick up a number of players who were quivering wrecks last season.

Expectations for next season are now higher, and we need him to be a B this time next year if we are to consider keeping him. What denotes a B? I would say continue playing confident attacking effective football against the bigger clubs, finding some sort of system for consistently knocking over the smaller clubs, establishing ourselves as clear 7th and mounting a serious challenge to the teams above us, and having a good run in at least one of the cups. A final would be great.

Fixed ;)

It's turned out OK in the end, so I gave him a C.

I wouldn't expect him to survive another season of having nothing to play for by February, though.

He’s sort of the Tom Davies of management. Promised something, then faded after a good start. Maybe we should loan him out?

Status
Not open for further replies.