• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want him as manager, I was even less keen on the idea halfway through the season as he didn't really seem able to get any improvement out of the team. I'm glad he's proven me wrong in the latter half of the season and I hope it continues with a bright start next season, I'm not going to get overly excited until he shows that we can keep this level of performance into next season but it certainly looks more promising and he deserves credit for that.

Gone by Christmas.

I went with B, more like a B-. We were streaky and what put me over the edge was our results against the top teams, at least near the end of the season. The fact he was able to seemingly right a sinking ship is good and leads me to believe that he may be decent at man management.

I went with B, more like a B-. We were streaky and what put me over the edge was our results against the top teams, at least near the end of the season. The fact he was able to seemingly right a sinking ship is good and leads me to believe that he may be decent at man management.
Get outta my mind man!

Seriously though, a B- for exactly those reasons.

He has matched the expectations that I could reasonably expect from the start of the season given the state of the squad when he came in. If not for the blip after the first derby match and the 8 matches at the start with the woeful zonal marking, he would have scored more highly. To have gotten close to an A he would have had to have gotten CL, which would've been some ask - I hope that's what the club will be challenging him to next year, because if you don't challenge for it, you ain't gonna get it.

Can't see how anyone can give a B. Surely to earn that he would have at least sorted the abysmal away form out and for us to sit in a comfortable 7th having closed the points difference to the teams above us.

We pay the 6th most in wages and have invested heavily in recent times, so par (C) should be 7th. You could use our latest results to bump it higher on the basis that we are creating chances, beating top 6 teams and our defence seems to be able to keep a clean sheet, but to do so though we would also have to balance that with losing a match with a two goal lead at Newcastle, then losing to Fulham who hadn't won a game since like 1937 till we rocked up. Shoots of recovery yes, no guarantees he is fully capable yet.

Can't see how anyone can give a B. Surely to earn that he would have at least sorted the abysmal away form out and for us to sit in a comfortable 7th having closed the points difference to the teams above us.

We pay the 6th most in wages and have invested heavily in recent times, so par (C) should be 7th. You could use our latest results to bump it higher on the basis that we are creating chances, beating top 6 teams and our defence seems to be able to keep a clean sheet, but to do so though we would also have to balance that with losing a match with a two goal lead at Newcastle, then losing to Fulham who hadn't won a game since like 1937 till we rocked up. Shoots of recovery yes, no guarantees he is fully capable yet.

I'm struggling to see the B Grade as well to be honest

We would have had to properly challenge for a European place or had a decent stab at winning a trophy for him to be in the B category for me

Watford, a team in our bracket, reached the FA Cup Final for instance, so there's no reason why we shouldn't have expected to at least get to the latter stages

Going with a generous C. If not for the 3 home wins of late and the west ham away win it would have been an E. Seems to have got the balance right of late though so credit for that. Away form throughout the season not good enough though. Cup runs terrible as well.

To be fair we did draw the mighty Millwall away... :oops: FFS now all the winter bitterness/apathy is coming flooding back.

I'll let him off the League Cup as that was on penalties to a team in our own League, and we should have won that and would have done if Keane hadn't missed a sitter, but when that happened he should have made sure he got the FA Cup right, and sadly he didn't

It doesn't take the shine off how well we've ended the season, but it certainly stops him from getting any higher than a C, and I've been one of the more supportive people for him this season

Status
Not open for further replies.