• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question for you Havrey. You keep comparing Marco to Alladyce unfavorably. Would you bring Fat Sam back? I think you would be a pretty lonely "blue" in that case.

After they had played 26 games allardyce was there for

Sam Allardyce:
Won: 10 Drew: 7 Lost: 9
Average Points per match: 1.42

Marco Silva: Won: 10 Drew: 6 Lost: 10 Average Points per match: 1.38

People stopped going to the match when Allardyce was the manager, including me.

This was the time in over forty years, a manager had actually made me feel like that.

I`m sure I wasn`t the only one.

You can conjure up as many stats as you want, but you can`t the fact that he made many match going fans feel like this.

His name should be airbrushed out of history.

Viva la Silva.

Lost as many as he's won (14) or won as many as he's lost whatever way you want to put it. Glass half full or glass half empty whatever way you choose to look at it ain't it. The thing going in his favour is we seem to be improving as the season was coming to a close rather than the other way around.

Have people forgotten last season? Completely? It’s weird. How close we were to being drawn into a relegation battle. How we managed to go on a semi decent run over Christmas where we picked up some points that got us to relative safety despite the turgid football. How the football was so bad. So dire. By *design*. Not because of form or because we played a much better team. It was because that is how we set out to play.

It was an absolute shambles. And if people can’t see the improvement with their own eyes then I don’t know whether football is the right game for them.

I'm really pleased with the progress he's made over the last 6 weeks or so. Playing organised football, creating loads of chances even though we're not always taking them and keeping clean sheets to boot! If we'd played like this all season we would have many more points. It's taken him a while and I'm OK with that, didn't expect anything different, terrible mind-set from the useless managers we had last year and the need to bed in new players.
I'm really optimistic for next season. Obviously need 2 -3 high quality players but the basis of a really good and young team is there as far as I'm concerned.
Not arsed with league position. Let Wolves have 7th. I still can't get over what a joke we were 2 years ago with not having a proper pre-season, just look at how Burnley started this year.

I'm not angry with today at all. We totally dominated them, and it's not often in the Premier league you can go away from home and be completely comfortable for 90 minutes but that's what we were today.

In recent weeks, our chances have been falling for the likes of Richarlison and Sigurdsson, who are both far better finishers than Calvert-Lewin who most of our chances fell to today. He is not very good in front of goal and we need to buy a starting striker in the summer, not someone who is going to provide him competition.

You've got to give Silva credit for sorting out our defence. Keane and Zouma, along with Gana in midfield, were all outstanding today yet again. I've never been on the Silva out bandwagon but I did believe that his inability to solve our defensive issues would cost him his job. The way he has turned it around is very encouraging.
Good post this.
The difference is there for all to see ( if they want to see it !)
Yet another clean sheet.
Almost 90 minute dominence.
Players looking very comfortable all over the pitch and playing quick attractive football.
22 efforts on goal 10 corners 60% possesion and 730 passes tells me its now on the right track.
Only concern is what we've known for a good while is a little snide in the box that puts 1 or 2 of them chances away.
I trust this will be addressed soon.

The result today isn’t why we won’t finish 7th. We were good today. Just need to stop results like we’ve had at Newcastle or Fulham etc. I don’t like Silva but now I do. It’s all coming tohgether

Status
Not open for further replies.