• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a case of two steps forward one step back at the moment.

At times we are showing real signs of progression. The high points have been encouraging home victories against Champions League chasing Arsenal and Chelsea accompanied by a fine victory at West Ham. When we get it right we look a good side. We have been competitive against all of the big six but have struggled against teams we should beat.

Then you look at the capitulation against Newcastle and today's defeat and it is like watching two different teams.

I think our only option is to show faith in Brands and Silva. Knee-jerk reactions get you nowhere. Now is the time for the owners, the fan base and everyone associated with the Club to stand firm and come together.

You guys are a joke! It's the Premier League, not conference, 20 of the best teams in the world compete. You was defeated by a team which cost over £100M to assemble.

You are not Man City or Liverpool, you will lose to lower placed teams on occasion. Look how often Wolves do, yet no one wants their manager out. GROW UP
Stick to fingering cattle Brian

Still don't think he's the man. It's easy to get players up for "big" games.

Don't really care if he's here next year tho, am really wondering who the ACTUAL Silva is tho. Those two/three months were terrifying and I don't really want a return but can easily see it happen again.

Something I've noticed with Silva he's a streaky manager. He goes on great or terrible runs there's no inbetween. We don't seem to win scrappy games we have to be playing at full pelt to win and we seem to take certain games more lightly and the attitude of our players is flaky. Finally we haven't come back from behind once this season. Not saying I dont back Silva and think he needs more time I do, just some observations.
Can't wait for the great run.

Think the reality is he's just a mediocre manager, we won't get relegated with him but we will never amount to anything with him either, I've never seen him change a game or do something tactically good.

It's so obvious, that the players were still dining out on the Arsenal win.Yeah we got the fans off our backs, now let's just roll over against Fulham.What a disgusting toxic small time mentality, and this has been going back to the latter end of the Martinez era.

Do you think it comes from the top of the club or just they think oh we are only Everton we don't need to put it in every week?! Our teams attitude has been an issue for twenty years.

Think the reality is he's just a mediocre manager, we won't get relegated with him but we will never amount to anything with him either, I've never seen him change a game or do something tactically good.
Maybe but beating Arsenal one week and losing to a relegated team is on the players as much as the manager. Poor mentality.

Yeah, bring back Sam. Sake.
So you really took "bring back Sam" from what I said? If Silva is unable to even match the finishing position of the terrible season before despite having much more to spend and a far better squad, what does that say about him?

Do you think it comes from the top of the club or just they think oh we are only Everton we don't need to put it in every week?! Our teams attitude has been an issue for twenty years.

A bit of both i think.I think the attitude that was developed and encouraged (by both Moyes himself and the board), during the Moyes years of being happy enough with 7th and 8th place, hasn't helped things.

Unless we have the revenues to compete with the top 6 then avoiding relegation and failing to do anything is likely to be our future unless the stars align for us. To be honest I would love anyone to come up with a proper argument against backing Brands and Silva. Seems a lot better than the knee jerk reactions that resulted in Unsy or Allardyce.

We have a manager who has a clear style and a proven DoF. I know it hurts at the moment but I can't think of a better way at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.