• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a different manager type. RM was devoted to playing football no matter what; Silva's record elsewhere in his career shows he's prioritised a defensive base for the fotball he wants to play and everyone putting in a high energy shift.

You'll get more hoof from Silva. He's somewhere in between Martinez's style and Moyes' style...which is what a lot of people were wishing for.
Marco is more pragmatic than Martinez. Thats a positive in my book.

I would like to know how much an impact Silvas style has had. Have the players finally twigged and now understand what is expected of them? Has Silva finally finalised his best players to carry out his style? Were some of the players off form or look on form now because they understand the system? No matter what system is implemented it takes time and if time is given to the manager then more chance of a successful system, not a given but still more chance. The calls for seventh at all costs is a bit much IMO especially in his first season. 7th probably was do-able but would have been at the expense of a style of play and just a short term strategy (like Allardyces remit). Allardyces remit and obviously his type of footy was certainly not a building job and would always hit the ceiling of probably 7th or 8th. Silvas/Brands style is for progress over several years and hopefully for the future ahead. These quick fixes and ceilings have to be got at and discarded. Expect the mess they have been left to be cleaned up slowly but surely. Let us get behind the manager and DOF and stop insisting on 7th as such and grasp and hold on to any progress we see. We say we have had a bad season and we have if you look at the league table blinkered but regardless of the position and bad games we have also seen some good football some progressive football throughout the season. I am far more happy with Everton now than last season but saying that it is now up to Silva/Brands to show a little bit more next season and prove to the fans that we are building even if it is slowly.

What he actually said: “Dead-ball situations are a big part of the game, don’t get me wrong. But you are a winning team when you don’t rely on set-pieces"

...as opposed to the convenient interpretations used by lazy hacks and supporters who just want to trade in BS and insults.

It wasn’t a dig at Martinez, it’s just another example of a difference in coaching style between the two. No way would Martinez have allowed us to take the long throw that led to the goal last weekend.

I like Silva. I was sceptical about him when we were linked due to his record at Watford and Hull but always maintained I’d give him a chance as our manager. I’ve seen enough to suggest he deserves next season, as he’s shown willingness and ability to make changes to the playing style and personnel to correct poor results.

Judgement is still out on him. This squad should finish 7th and fair play to Brands and Silva for assembling them. We have a few potential world class players at the club and with a few more quality signings we can compete again.

There's an MO going on here.There's definitely more reason to be optimistic than negative. Kill the dead wood, board and players alike and instill a winning mentality, then we'll get somewhere.

It wasn’t a dig at Martinez, it’s just another example of a difference in coaching style between the two. No way would Martinez have allowed us to take the long throw that led to the goal last weekend.
I like Silva. I was sceptical about him when we were linked due to his record at Watford and Hull but always maintained I’d give him a chance as our manager. I’ve seen enough to suggest he deserves next season, as he’s shown willingness and ability to make changes to the playing style and personnel to correct poor results.
That makes it sound like it's been an audition he's just about passing.

It's well wide of the mark. He was always going to get time. And all this season has done is confirm he's been the right choice for manager. The dip in form mid-season was all about a team that lost it's nerve after a late and dispiriting first derby loss, it had nothing to do with Silva's approach. Bookending that period has been some very good football and the emergence of an identity.

It's been as good a performance for a new regime as I ever expected, tbh.

Fans are patient now as they are sick of seeing managers sacked and are still getting over Alladyce football.

Football fans quickly change though and those saying "ah doesnt matter if we get 7th next season aslong as we win a few games im happy" will slowly start to become more critical next season.

Same as the Utd fans who love supa dupa Ole, they may be willing to overlook certain bad results but come next season they'll start turning soon as he underperforms as that's the nature of football fans and we are no different.

He's had a hell of a lot to do here picking up the peices of the Koeman disaster. To get us to 7th and totally transform the style of play and the personnel in one season is a huge achievemnt if he gets us that final placing.

I'd say it ranks him right up there as a manager of note in this league.

I thought last Sunday was a real acid test for where the team is at.

Arsenal where flying so to keep them to 0 was very impressive. We need to find a goal scoring schemer or hope that DCL and Bernard suddenly add that to their games. Richarlison improving his decision making would make a big difference too.

We are not that far off. A win AWAY at a top 6 side is needed. Hopefully at Spurs before the season ends. That would be massive.

I thought last Sunday was a real acid test for where the team is at.

Arsenal where flying so to keep them to 0 was very impressive. We need to find a goal scoring schemer or hope that DCL and Bernard suddenly add that to their games. Richarlison improving his decision making would make a big difference too.

We are not that far off. A win AWAY at a top 6 side is needed. Hopefully at Spurs before the season ends. That would be massive.
We're toothless in attack, no cutting edge. So to struggle on all season like that and still play well, for the most part, and get a decent top half finish, tells you all you need to know about how Silva can adapt and make things work. That Arsenal game: we should in all honesty have beaten a CL place team 4 or 5 nil. That's how well Silva has them organised.

Next season I'd accept top 6/7 and a decent cup run. The style of football and attitude we have to winning every game is the major priority for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.