• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry a chara are you comparing our squad to one with Ozil, Lacazette, Toerrira, Auba, Suarez, Mkhitaryan, Ramsey, Bellerin, Kosciely, Cech, Iwobi. If we signed one of those players it would be one of our greatest transfer ever and this place would melt down.

I disagree on Emery as well, i think he varies his system a lo from game to game, he very rarely sticks to the same team or system.
Difference is if he tweaks the system they normally benefit.... Cech.... one of our greatest signings ever you are joking?

Yep, that's absolutely another good example

Teams who want to turn it into a scrap have a significant advantage over us currently

I was a bit relieved yesterday when he went deep in midfield with bringing Morgan on, hes not ideal but it definitely offered Gueye a bit of support in the engine room yesterday when the game was in the melting pot. It shows an insight into him identifying the limit in the team.

We are a soft touch though we need a big massive midfielder like a Doucoure who can physically dominate, be aggressive and help defending set pieces .

It's still fair to say that a team that consists of

England number one
French international full back
Columbian international centre half
Portuguese international and euro winner
2 X Brazilian internationals
Icelandic midfielder that is statistically one of the consistent prem players

Should really be performing better . Whatever the reasons , if you said we would have that sort of calibre the day moshiri came in , just a few short years later then we would be dreaming of how high we would be.
To be fair though, there’s nothing impressive about being a Colombian international is there? Relatively speaking I mean. One of the ‘Brazilian internationals’ hasn’t actually played for them for 7 years, and the fact you even need to use the word ‘statistically’ when talking about sigurdsson tells it’s own story. In short, you’re reaching.

Difference is if he tweaks the system they normally benefit.... Cech.... one of our greatest signings ever you are joking?

Not sure i agree with you a chara, but each to his own.

Cech has been one of the greatest PL signings ever, never mind signing for us, hes had a spectacular career, but its winding up granted.

It's hard to get a take on how good or bad Silva is.
He took over a team with players signed by 4 different managers as well as academy players. Some of these players were signed for peanuts by Moyes, some on mammoth contracts by Koeman and walsh.

Of the players he signed
Gomes, Bernard, Richarlison, Zouma, Digne have all done ok in their first season at Everton. Mina showed signs yesterday that he could come good.

Of the players he inherited
Keane is doing better, Schneiderlin is showing signs of improvement, gana is doing well, DCL is beginning to show signs of why they are keeping faith in him.
He clearly has players he feels can work under him. Add Coleman and Pickford and Davies and you have 13 players who he seems to be settling on. Add a striker and some midfield and defensive cover and we could be starting next season with a decent squad.

The biggest question for me is how he manages the mental aspect of the team, they are all well able to play football but they crumpled like a house of cards after the liverpool defeat, this coincided with a busy winter period and he didn't seem to have the answers for how to arrest the slump.

He seems to be suffering from similar problems that Klopp had when he took over them lot. A defense at sixes and sevens and mid season fatigue. Klopp has plugged the gaps and fixed the problems and his team are doing well. I don't expect silva to be challenging for league honors but if he and brands get another few windows together, maybe he could sort out the squad problems, it's not like what needs to be fixed is a mystery.

The glass is half full after a good win but I'm prepared to see where we're at at the end of next season. My hope is we'll be challenging top 4.

Except the teams above us would be saying exactly the same things wouldn’t they? So unless this alternate reality was heavily biased in our favour, it would make no difference.
Very few have messed up games like we have. I really hope I'm proved wrong about Silva,only time will tell.

Sorry a chara are you comparing our squad to one with Ozil, Lacazette, Toerrira, Auba, Suarez, Mkhitaryan, Ramsey, Bellerin, Kosciely, Cech, Iwobi. If we signed one of those players it would be one of our greatest transfers ever and this place would melt down.

I disagree on Emery as well, i think he varies his system a lot from game to game, he very rarely sticks to the same team or system.

I mean come on

cech- truly woeful keeper nmow
iwobi- no better than Bernard or richarlison
koscielny- good abar 5 years ago
bellerin- fast like but melt down?
mkhitaryan- LOL
suarez- has he even started a game yet
toerrira- seems a good player but is he any better than gana?

some bad shouts there lad

I mean come on

mkhitaryan- LOL

We would have different opinions there so a chara.

I dont think its an accurate comparison, comparing our squads quality to the Arsenal one. They have a massively superior squad.

Some people prefer tippy tappy football others prefer it direct.

Some fans liked Alladyce and some like Silva.

I just find it slightly hypocritical that the same fans moaning about other fans not giving Silva time were equally as guilty as not doing the same with Alladyce.

My stance on Silva hasn't changed and I wont be shocked in the slightest if West Ham beat us as thats what we are under him - an inconsistent side that in a run of 5 games wins 1, draws 1 and loses 3. Some find that acceptable others not.

If we finish the season in 8th I'll be willing to give him another season however anything less than a solid end to the season and he still should leave imo.

I tried to explain what most people see as the difference between Silva and Allardyce. Progressive football versus non progressive football. If Silva set us up like Allardyce then we could already be comfortably 8th but the football would never see us challenge for anything accept for around that position.

Playing to win and playing not to get beat are different types of football. Allardyce type of Footy is never going to get a challenge going whereas Silvas type is possible. Not saying he will get us challenging but will have a better chance than steady eddie BFS. Like I say I have seen enough promise albeit in small patches with Silvas football than I ever did with Allardyces. That is why I for one are willing to give Silva the summer window to try and tweak the balance because his aim is to win.

We would have different opinions there so a chara.

I dont think its an accurate comparison, comparing our squads quality to the Arsenal one. They have a massively superior squad.

have they though? what they do have is one of the best strikers in the world papering over the cracks ( they also have lacazatte who is a brilliant player )

I mean come on

mkhitaryan- LOL

Not being funny, but I honestly don't understand how anyone can even try to dispute that a team that finishes miles above us every single year is better than us.

The problem with Silva's inconsistency is that it has been 1 win in every 6 or so games.

Obviously the long term aim is to have consistency but for me the manager has to show progression towards that through the inconsistency ie. 3 wins out of 6 with maybe 1 loss and 2 draws aint great but its on the right path.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/mar/17/everton-chelsea-premier-league

That article perfectly sums up the game yesterday, the situation with Silva for me and accurately assesses some of our players who a large number of fans consistently overhype.

"Ending that barren run against the top six is not insignificant – not least because, if Everton are to break into that upper tier, it would be a major advantage if they could take points off them – but equally there seem few reasons for confidence that next season will be better than this.
That is not to say Silva should be sacked but it is to say that the best argument for keeping him at the moment may be that Everton have sacked so many managers in the recent past that there is a need and a desire that at some point the cycle of bloodletting and the state of permanent transition should end."

Not being funny, but I honestly don't understand how anyone can even try to dispute that a team that finishes miles above us every single year is better than us.

who's disputing arsenal are better than us?

I'm disputing some of the players he has named would take this place into melt down

Very few have messed up games like we have. I really hope I'm proved wrong about Silva,only time will tell.
Of course they have, it's just not on your radar because you don't support them. Huddersfield have only won 3 games all season and 2 of them were against Wolves. Wolves have also lost to Cardiff and only drew with Fulham. Without even looking at any other games I'm pretty sure they reckon they should be 11 points better off just from those fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.