• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt want him however I was willing to give him a chance (not that any of us had any choice regardless) however its clear to see he's way out of his depth.

For me its not about getting a elite manager as like you say its highly unlikely we can attract one - however surely we should be trying to attract from that tier below?

Why not go for a Mancini or a Benitez? Or someone like a Garcia or Hassenhuttl doing a decent job abroad?

The manner of Silva's recruitment ie. No shortlist or interview process just gung ho for a bloke completely unproven was incredibly stupid and small time and its my big issue with Moshiri - he wouldn't do this in the business world so why do this in a multi million pound industry?
How can you moan about a divided fan base and then advocate bringing in Benitez as manager? He wouldn’t stand a chance here and rightly so.

The day we would appoint him is the day we should paint a ‘small club’ mural on the Main Stand.

By whom? He bottled it with 4 games to go with Hull and was sacked by Watford because he was crap. He might have grabbed the attention of our owner but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. The appointment of him with Hull was even met with derision.
He was and is regarded highly by professional observers following his work in Europe , especially his performance at Estoril.
In Portugal both he and his slightly older compatriot Fonseca are considered to have enormous potential.
The only people who derided his appointment at Hull were bigoted Little Englander morons on sky such asThompson and Merson whose knowledge of football doesn’t stretch beyond the shores of this miserable ,damp ,little island.

How can you moan about a divided fan base and then advocate bringing in Benitez as manager? He wouldn’t stand a chance here and rightly so.

The day we would appoint him is the day we should paint a ‘small club’ mural on the Main Stand.

Can't agree with this. Small club mentality if not getting the best man for the job because they managed our rivals a decade ago. As Everton fans we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again with things like this. "he played for them" "he's got red boots on" "his Christmas tree has got red baubles on" It would be nice to be in a position to pick and choose but we aren't. Club needs dragging up and I don't care who does it. 25 years without a trophy coming up! Obvious something needs to change because the way we do things isn't working.

Can't agree with this. Small club mentality if not getting the best man for the job because they managed our rivals a decade ago. As Everton fans we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again with things like this. "he played for them" "he's got red boots on" "his Christmas tree has got red baubles on" It would be nice to be in a position to pick and choose but we aren't. Club needs dragging up and I don't care who does it. 25 years without a trophy coming up! Obvious something needs to change because the way we do things isn't working.

Exactly. Hate the Red shiote as much as you want however Benitez is not LFC, Red baubles are not LFC.

I suppose fans would turn their nose up at us signing Suarez in the summer because he once played for them and dived sarcastically in front of our former manager in the derby.

We dont want all those goals and a world class striker give me blue through and through Dominic Calvert Lewin.

How can you support Everton and actually try and make a case for us to want a former RS manager, Never heard such much nonsense in my life.

I dont necessarily want Benitez I mentioned him as someone we should have in a shortlist of managers with proven past successes and as usual the Doomsday Cult pounced "OMFG U WAN BENEATHUS? U MAD BLUD??"

I've said from day one Mancini or Wenger are my two personal choices.

I dont necessarily want Benitez I mentioned him as someone we should have in a shortlist of managers with proven past successes and as usual the Doomsday Cult pounced "OMFG U WAN BENEATHUS? U MAD BLUD??"

Don't put him in the list then :bye:

You are missing my point completely. I don’t want him as manager because he went out of his way to insult both the club and us fans. How you think that he would then be the best man for the job is either wummery or just plain odd.

A points comparison from last season to now after 30 games,We are 11th right now [2 points off 9th],last season we were 9th [3 points above 11th]

please have a think about the irony of one of the most repetitive negative posters on here calling out other posters as a doomsday cult

then have a tea and a biscuit and come back a better poster

please have a think about the irony of one of the most repetitive negative posters on here calling out other posters as a doomsday cult

then have a tea and a biscuit and come back a better poster

Forums will will generate a mix of views...that,s healthy but no good comes from putting down posters when the point of the discussion is about the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.