• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only beautiful game is to get points and win matches. Middle finger to tippy tappy football for the sake of it.

I believe he is not the right appointment at the time because he has no credential to suggest he is the right candidate. His winning rate in this country is low 30s, whether managing at Hull, Watford or now at Everton.

As I have said this for numerous times, I don’t expect instant success but I expect he can do the basic that is to setup a defence and to beat most average sides at home not draw and lost to them. To get 7th place comfortably strictly speaking.

I also don’t buy this “long term plan” and “short term thinking” excuses. What exactly do you see in him for making a so-called long term plan other than signing relatively younger players? How on earth a certain style is rated above another style when you are struggled to win a football game when you play a team above you? We haven’t beaten a football team above us except the Leicester away game.

Some fans do have discrimination on aging (50s up) manager. I don’t understand why the manager has to be a younger one. Is that matter if one old manager can win games?

I would like to see the club challenging the top 6 when the new stadium is in used. Winning a cup would be some achievement for any moment.

So the plan is? Because all the above is just you repeating the same complaints. What's the plan if we sack now or in the summer? And how long do you give the next manager? It's extremely easy to just criticise and complain.

I didn't say old I said dinosaurs, referring to their way of setting up teams to play.

So the plan is? Because all the above is just you repeating the same complaints. What's the plan if we sack now or in the summer? And how long do you give the next manager? It's extremely easy to just criticise and complain.

I didn't say old I said dinosaurs, referring to their way of setting up teams to play.

Go and get a proven manager with track records to win games and trophies not another Ale House gamble. Don’t ask me how, that is the job of the board if they want success. It seems that we fail to learn from the mistake of Martinez by employing another gamble. I do not class Koeman as gamble at the time he got back-to-back 6th and 7th position in PL with limited budget at Soton. BFS had done what he supposed to do.

Go and get a proven manager with track records to win games and trophies not another Ale House gamble. Don’t ask me how, that is the job of the board if they want success. It seems that we fail to learn from the mistake of Martinez by employing another gamble. I do not class Koeman as gamble at the time he got back-to-back 6th and 7th position in PL with limited budget at Soton. BFS had done what he supposed to do.

What are your examples of proven managers?

Not convinced personally.

Seems to be another '' flavour of the month" manager.

Southampton were 18th when they sacked Mark Hughes, they are now 16th, 2 points off the drop.

Knocked out at home by Derby in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

I havent seen anything from Southampton's style of play, improving league position, that makes me think Hassenhuttl is any better than what we have.
When did we last beat TOP 6 team? Just start with this...

What are your examples of proven managers?

Anyone who has past experience in managing big clubs (eg top 6 in PL), a good winning rate records and experience to win major leagues trophies.

You will say these manager won’t come but I tell you what if you want success and to complete with top 6 eventually you need these type of manager...rather than gambling on a manager who may become the next Pochettino.

What was the remit for our new manager after last season's debacle?
Manage the transition to a type of football that can sustain a long term plan to challenge consistently for honours. I should write bs mission statements for big corporations with lines like that.

But he should do that joking apart, and this means minimising the disruption to the team whilst the playing and non-playing personnel are completely overhauled. Ideally we would be seeing attractive football and a glimpse of what we should expect from when we become good and maintain a league position that satisfies the fans which is probably 7th.

Whether Silva was the right man for the job at the time is almost irrelevant now, he's the incumbent manager and at worst, he takes the brunt of criticism as Brands does what he has to do, and at best, he miracles his backside off and gets us performing and challenging with what he has in an exciting style.

Anyone who has past experience in managing big clubs (eg top 6 in PL), a good winning rate records and experience to win major leagues trophies.

You will say these manager won’t come but I tell you what if you want success and to complete with top 6 eventually you need these type of manager...rather than gambling a manager may become the next Pochettino.

Pochettino was a gamble when he came to the Prem League.

But surely you can name a few managers with your required level of experience? Otherwise you are just shouting sack and get a top manager as if it's as easy as that, with no risks or repercussions.

Just a few names HK

You will say these manager won’t come but I tell you what if you want success and to complete with top 6 eventually you need these type of manager...rather than gambling on a manager who may become the next Pochettino.

We've had 3 managers since Moyes and not once did we go for any of that type of manager. Even though we pay handsomely (usual in the top 15 best paid in world football) and give relative control of everything football related.

Yet... nothing. No approaches, no usual jarg linked rumours.

So it's one of two things. We didn't bother to get those managers. Or none of them are keen to manage us.

Pochettino was a gamble when he came to the Prem League.

But surely you can name a few managers with your required level of experience? Otherwise you are just shouting sack and get a top manager as if it's as easy as that, with no risks or repercussions.

Just a few names HK

I will fail into your trap. If you want to complete with top 6 (win the league eventually) you need to employ the best possible manager out there.

Conte, Mourinho, Mancini, Wenger.

I will even take Van Gaal and Benitez (if he is not a RS) over Silva.

I would rather have Moyes back if there is no choice (not a winner obviously but his time at Everton spoke for himself).

I ask you what pal if you want Everton to complete with the best what makes you think a 3rd rate manager can do it?

We've had 3 managers since Moyes and not once did we go for any of that type of manager. Even though we pay handsomely (usual in the top 15 best paid in world football) and give relative control of everything football related.

Yet... nothing. No approaches, no usual jarg linked rumours.

So it's one of two things. We didn't bother to get those managers. Or none of them are keen to manage us.

Say if this club want to complete with the best then the board must do it. This’s my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.