• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly wouldn't want Mourinho, I don't know if he could get us out of this rut and he turns everything into a circus act, Don't know if I could be arsed with that when our clube is in dire conditions and it's all about me me me me me.

it's both mate, it's literally a combination of everything, poor defending, midfield not creating, strikers not scoring

we are just a mess atm, I think a good striker obviously improves us but put a good striker in this team at the moment I don't think it makes a MASSIVE difference, think the whole team in general needs a boot up the arse
Clearly we need to be better everywhere, but the point I was making is that it's not really right to say 'we can't defend'. People are making out like we're shambolic defensively but we're really not. We are from set pieces, but conceding 11 goals in 9 games absolutely should not mean that you lose 6 times.

Think it's also a mentality (even though I hate that phrase!) issue as well to the extent that we haven't actually lost a game this season where we've scored first, apart from v Spurs.

Yet we haven't won a game that we've conceded first in.

It's like we concede and the panic sets in. We then have 10-15 minutes where we're all over the place and we can't get back in the game. If we don't concede again, we then start chasing the game and end up getting done on the counter because - as you say - we don't create enough.

The panic after conceding isn't new to this season, though. It has been an issue under the last 3 managers. The fact that Silva hasn't figured out a way to stop that is obviously on him.

Also great post with those stats as well. You're absolutely right to point out that defensively we're not actually atrocious. It's very specific issues as you say, and the players/management making the same mistakes.
we generally concede first as we rarely score first

I'd say there are dozens of champions league/eufa cup-wnning teams with good stadiums would be all over him. he's probably been in our narrow tunnel laughing at the idea of having to manage Everton.
Yeah
Totally agree, as mentioned we are just not attractive enough
Will be interesting what he is like at whoever he takes over

Mourinho will go to the club where he can easily win some pot and rebuild his reputation if he still cares. Bayern, PSG or Porto would be my bets.

It depends on his CL success and I think both Bayern and Madrid will be looking for managers in the summer.
Are you trying to say that Simeone is ours?

Get in!

Can't see any of "brand" managers will come to Everton. To risky to crush own reputatuon. Everything else is a gamble like Koeman and Silva was. Hope this season is only a bad dream and next year Silva would be praised(altough, sound very ludicrous) for his work.

we generally concede first as we rarely score first

Off the top of my head (league games):

Scored first
  1. Wolves (A) - draw
  2. S'ton (H) - win
  3. B'mouth (A) - draw
  4. Fulham (H) - win
  5. Leicester (A) - win
  6. Palace (H) - win
  7. Brighton (H) - win
  8. Cardiff (H) - win
  9. Watford (H) - draw
  10. Spurs (H) - lost
  11. Burnley (A) - win
  12. B'mouth (H) - win
  13. Huddersfield (A) - win
Conceded first
  1. Huddersfield (H) - draw
  2. West Ham (H) - lost
  3. Arsenal (A) - lost
  4. Man Utd (A) - lost
  5. Liverpool (A) - lost [hard to count this like due to when the goal was scored!]
  6. Newcastle (H) - draw
  7. Man City (A) - lost
  8. Brighton (A) - lost
  9. Leicester (H) - lost
  10. S'ton (A) - lost
  11. Wolves (H) - lost
  12. Man City (H) - lost
  13. Watford (A) - lost
So yep, to me there's a clear issue in that as soon as we concede, this weak squad just caves. To have only got two points from losing positions is disgraceful.

Equally, we haven't dropped many points when we've got ourselves ahead.

People keep forgetting the board haven’t got him a striker and since lukaku has left we’ve needed one badly, this club is a joke and throwing the manager under the bus after not even a full season yet would be a disgrace.
As you say, the club is a pure joke, we have fans on the managers back(me included) and a board who haven't bothered to get him the most vital position sorted, if they sack him before getting him a striker in then I don't how any supporter could ever trust Moshiri or Brands again.

Scored first
  1. Wolves (A) - draw
  2. S'ton (H) - win
  3. B'mouth (A) - draw
  4. Fulham (H) - win
  5. Leicester (A) - win
  6. Palace (H) - win
  7. Brighton (H) - win
  8. Cardiff (H) - win
  9. Watford (H) - draw
  10. Spurs (H) - lost
  11. Burnley (A) - win
  12. B'mouth (H) - win
Conceded first
  2. West Ham (H) - lost
  3. Arsenal (A) - lost
  4. Man Utd (A) - lost
  5. Liverpool (A) - lost [hard to count this like due to when the goal was scored!]
  6. Newcastle (H) - draw
  7. Man City (A) - lost
  8. Brighton (A) - lost
  9. Leicester (H) - lost
  10. S'ton (A) - lost
  11. Wolves (H) - lost
  12. Man City (H) - lost
  13. Watford (A) - lost
So yep, to me there's a clear issue in that as soon as we concede, this weak squad just caves. To have only got two points from losing positions is disgraceful.

awful that, bunch of cowards

honestly never known a team as "weak" as ours, they've done it for years to be just cave after in after going behind

Scored first
  1. Wolves (A) - draw
  2. S'ton (H) - win
  3. B'mouth (A) - draw
  4. Fulham (H) - win
  5. Leicester (A) - win
  6. Palace (H) - win
  7. Brighton (H) - win
  8. Cardiff (H) - win
  9. Watford (H) - draw
  10. Spurs (H) - lost
  11. Burnley (A) - win
  12. B'mouth (H) - win
Conceded first
  2. West Ham (H) - lost
  3. Arsenal (A) - lost
  4. Man Utd (A) - lost
  6. Newcastle (H) - draw
  7. Man City (A) - lost
  8. Brighton (A) - lost
  9. Leicester (H) - lost
  10. S'ton (A) - lost
  11. Wolves (H) - lost
  12. Man City (H) - lost
  13. Watford (A) - lost

I don't think we can really say we 'cave' though. Caving would suggest that there was some sort of psychological issue where conceding once led to us just falling apart and losing easily. In 6 of the 13 games we conceded first though, we didn't concede again. In 1 we did concede again but only in the 96th minute, and in 4 we came back into the game to some extent but ultimately lost anyway. The issue is more that we don't score enough goals to win games when we concede. We've only scored more than once in 4 of our last 16 league games, so regardless of whether we scored first or not, we wouldn't win 12 of those games if we concede just one goal. That then does have a psychological impact I think, because once you've conceded 2 you start to think there's no way of getting back into the game.

As you say, the club is a pure joke, we have fans on the managers back(me included) and a board who haven't bothered to get him the most vital position sorted, if they sack him before getting him a striker in then I don't how any supporter could ever trust Moshiri or Brands again.
Surely when Silva signed he would of identified a striker as a priority
My feeling is Richarlison was the striker he wanted, and was a matter of time before he moved him central... as he did
Silva has been backed with good money and also getting Barnard and the two loanes shows it wasn’t the board letting him down

Status
Not open for further replies.