• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam's records have nothing to do with this. He wasn't here to rebuild, he was here to survive. Hated the fans, hated by the fans, didn't give a single crap about anything than that paycheck in the end, left without hesitation.

Rebuilding doesn't take half a season - we have so much dead wood to ship out, on high wages as well, that it's ridiculous, and some of our players aren't exactly fantastic either. Did you expect instant success?

No I expect 7th. Be able to beat crap at home. Be able to defend setpieces properly. I have said this repeatedly today.

Well the same things happening right now imo.

I do think the defending was better under Sam. Perhaps my mind is warped but ultimately I didn't hold the hatred everyone else had.

I knew he wasn't the man to take us forward, but honestly I wouldn't have minded if he had this season whilst we searched for a proper manager to take us forward and culled the squad - as opposed to having a ridiculous chase for Silva.

But the issue is had Sam stayed, he'd have taken another £8m in wages, and the money he'd have spent would have been on players like the ones we now can't get rid of.

You really think we'd have got Brands in with Allardyce here? It'd have been the same old boys' club and we'd have gone backwards.

I didn't hate Sam when he took over. He just quickly proved he's a complete dinosaur. So we had to make the change when we did.

As I said, it's looking increasingly like Silva wasn't the right choice. But the season's effectively over, again, in January. So now we just have to try and find some semblance of form and have a target. Get to the end of the season and make a decision either way then, on both management and playing staff.

Allardyce was lucky, when he came to us we were on the up anyway after a horrible start. He always claims all the credit after any win but in defeat it is the player's fault, not just with Everton but everywhere. Our problems are all over the park, we have no passionate players. Only Seamus and Idrisa seem to want to know when the chips are down . Our defending of and taking of set pieces is incredibly bad . I can't remember us taking many decent corners in recent years. I really do not like zonal marking as I reckon it simply allows opposition players to run in unnoticed and cause havoc. We must support Silva for now, no sense whatsoever in getting rid of him. As others have said all the decent managers are employed elsewhere.

You realize you contradict yourself, right?

"We have to stop chopping and changing managers in the middle of a season. It doesn't help"

"It's either we go forward with a clear remit of where he needs to be after a certain number of games, "
That means sacking in the middle of the season and appointing, in your words, a fire fighter.

There's a difference though, if he's had three transfer windows and a full season to 'iron things out' and then getting rid halfway through his first season, would you not agree?

If we finish 11th, which is obviously plausible, and there have been no clear signs of improvement, then ultimately the writing could be on the wall and we could get rid in the summer for all I care.

If there's been positives and we finish top half, then you head forward into the new season but there has to be more pressure to succeed. And at that point you make sure that you have your ducks in a row if indeed they are sacked.

I think the main crux is, if Silva went tomorrow, we'd be at a complete panic as to who to appoint.

Mid-table, Europe if we're lucky, rebuild, go again.

It 10000000000000% wasn't our aim this season to instantly go into Europe. Perhaps a very blue-tinted-specs kind of possibility, but unrealistic.
So, outside the top 6, who was expected to finish above us?

Moshiri already said 11th isn’t good enough.

But the issue is had Sam stayed, he'd have taken another £8m in wages, and the money he'd have spent would have been on players like the ones we now can't get rid of.

You really think we'd have got Brands in with Allardyce here? It'd have been the same old boys' club and we'd have gone backwards.

I didn't hate Sam when he took over. He just quickly proved he's a complete dinosaur. So we had to make the change when we did.

As I said, it's looking increasingly like Silva wasn't the right choice. But the season's effectively over, again, in January. So now we just have to try and find some semblance of form and have a target. Get to the end of the season and make a decision either way then, on both management and playing staff.

He has already. You don't just stopping paying him wages because you sack him.

The board didn’t sanction 40 million on Richarlison and 30 on Yerry Mina for us to stabilise in mid table. Europe was the target. It’s not the reason Allardyce got fired, but it was undoubtedly the target for Silva this season. And so it should be, 7th should be the bare minimum for every Everton manager at the start of the season.

That's fine. It wasn't my argument though. I was arguing that not getting Europe isn't the reason Sam got sacked.

I also don't think Silva would get sacked for not getting Europe, either.

Of course he's been worse than our record breaking points accumulating manger...but he's only been here 6 months and has to undo the effects of Koemegeddon.
Martinez got more points in a season than Kendall and Catterick?

This is now Silvegeddon. Makes Koemegeddon look like a walk in the park.

He has already. You don't just stopping paying him wages because you sack him.

We paid him circa £6m in a pay-off package. Obviously that's probably in instalments, like.

Martinez got a ludicrously big pay off if I recall. Like £10m. Koeman didn't have a pay off clause in his contract so we probably still pay some of his wages. Sam did have a pay off clause.

Europe, clearly. That’s why we sacked a manager who finished 8th.

You`ve probably still got me on ignore, but I`ll answer this any way.

Allardyce was brought in to stop us getting relegated, nothing more nothing less.

However, with his 18 mth contract he was also given the opportunity to prove that he could deliver a style of football, that wasn`t footballing equivalent of eye aids.

Even we were safe he continued to play his up and under footy.

He then decided to troll and belittle the fans, when we dared to complain about his " no shots on goal " brand of football.

In short, he was the master of his own downfall.

The board didn’t sanction 40 million on Richarlison and 30 on Yerry Mina for us to stabilise in mid table. Europe was the target. It’s not the reason Allardyce got fired, but it was undoubtedly the target for Silva this season. And so it should be, 7th should be the bare minimum for every Everton manager at the start of the season.

Spot on.

That's fine. It wasn't my argument though. I was arguing that not getting Europe isn't the reason Sam got sacked.

I also don't think Silva would get sacked for not getting Europe, either.

A bottom half finish is sackable form and unfortunately that's almost certainly what will happen.

I'll be amazed if he's still our manager in August. History suggests Everton managers don't recover from periods like this, and public embarrassments like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.