• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Heynkes is too old now? Wenger? OK maybe. Mourinho? That wouldn’t end well either. Zidane? Yes please.

Why wouldn’t Mourinho end well? Even in his worst spell switch United he delivered them two trophies, second place and a cup final. If that is ending badly then sign me up.

I'd argue we'd be doing better under Sam to be perfectly honest.

It wouldn't be pretty but the football now is just as bad and the defending is far worse.

The defending was the same. People have this idea he solved it. He didn't at all. The solution was every player back in our own box. It was still scrappy and relied on luck.

I'm not saying Silva's getting it right. But having Allardyce here simply wasn't an option. There was a hatred between every part of the club, fans included.

At this moment this isn’t rebuilding. It’s regression from Sam’s records.
Sam's records have nothing to do with this. He wasn't here to rebuild, he was here to survive. Hated the fans, hated by the fans, didn't give a single crap about anything than that paycheck in the end, left without hesitation.

Rebuilding doesn't take half a season - we have so much dead wood to ship out, on high wages as well, that it's ridiculous, and some of our players aren't exactly fantastic either. Did you expect instant success?

Why wouldn’t Mourinho end well? Even in his worst spell switch United he delivered them two trophies, second place and a cup final. If that is ending badly then sign me up.

He had far more resources, spending power and just better players all round at United.

He wouldn't have close to that quality here.

....a picture that needs no words. A picture that should be put on the wall of the Coaches room at USM FF.

We’ve got em outnumbered there too, 6 defenders and the Keeper v 5 Millwall players.

4 got dragged to the ball v 1, Keane ended up on the floor. Our 2 remaining outfield players wrong side and marking no-one. It screams of panic and lack of drilling.

I know you said no words needed but there we go.

As a club we’ve been mentally weak for a fair while now, and I agree, I would hope Brands behind the scenes is kicking a few arses.

I’ve said Silva should be given the rest of the season, spend money in the Summer, then see how it is after the first 10 games of next season. I’ve just got this little niggle now though about Silva’s mental strength and his ability to rally when things are going tits up (I know it’s not just down to him to do this) and that has got me wondering if he is the right man.

For me those tough home games will be the test.
Pretty much the way I think about the situation, mate.

All we can do is allow him time and see if he can - with help from the DoF - get this mess under control and us moving in the right direction.

Is anyone decent even going to want the job if we keep firing managers so frequently ? might be better to keep hold of him for a while if only to get rid of the negative perception that we are a club in disarray... then again getting paid off about 4 years worth of wages for 1 years worth of work sounds kinda tempting.

No it wasn't.

Don't get hung up on Sam getting sacked because of the league placing. It was largely irrelevant.

The powers that be knew full well Sam Allardyce could not stay on as Everton manager.

The board didn’t sanction 40 million on Richarlison and 30 on Yerry Mina for us to stabilise in mid table. Europe was the target. It’s not the reason Allardyce got fired, but it was undoubtedly the target for Silva this season. And so it should be, 7th should be the bare minimum for every Everton manager at the start of the season.

How they doing now? Football has moved on so much

Benítez wasn’t supported by his owner.

The West Ham manager, maybe at the moment. But he won the Premier League with Man City a couple of seasons back. It’s still some records. If you look it this way he is less of a gamble than Silva. And that doesn’t mean I want him here.

The defending was the same. People have this idea he solved it. He didn't at all. The solution was every player back in our own box. It was still scrappy and relied on luck.

I'm not saying Silva's getting it right. But having Allardyce here simply wasn't an option. There was a hatred between every part of the club, fans included.
Well the same things happening right now imo.

I do think the defending was better under Sam. Perhaps my mind is warped but ultimately I didn't hold the hatred everyone else had.

I knew he wasn't the man to take us forward, but honestly I wouldn't have minded if he had this season whilst we searched for a proper manager to take us forward and culled the squad - as opposed to having a ridiculous chase for Silva.

That’s basically admitting that half the team isn’t comfortable playing football (which is true). Keane Gueye Coleman Zouma Calvert Lewin are very poor footballers and those conditions just exacerbated that. It’s absolutely inexcusable because they do nothing but train every week yet still Coleman cannot properly cross a ball, Keane can only use one foot, Calvert Lewin has very poor concentration which leads to poor touches, and Gueye struggles to complete 5 yard passes.

Our good players got bogged down and our rubbish ones got shown up. I’m still not sure why Bernard isn’t playing because he is for me the technically best player in the team.

I agree entirely but it doesn't mean you don't try and play your own game.

We don't have an identity at the moment - whereas at the start of the season I think we did, or at least it was clear we were working on something.

These players are abysmal and at the moment the manager is no better. I blame him as much as anybody else yesterday. The bloke looks lost.

What d'you mean an experiment for his ego?

You always act like it's personal Tim. He's not trying to lose. At the moment he doesn't look like he has a clue and that's a worry. I don't think it's arrogance.

We have to stop chopping and changing managers in the middle of a season. It doesn't help. Sack now and you have to bring in a fire fighter and it just makes the entire situation worse.

He gets a whole season, it's wasted now anyway. And then come the end of it there'll be serious questions. It's either we go forward with a clear remit of where he needs to be after a certain number of games, or we say goodbye.
You realize you contradict yourself, right?

"We have to stop chopping and changing managers in the middle of a season. It doesn't help"

"It's either we go forward with a clear remit of where he needs to be after a certain number of games, "
That means sacking in the middle of the season and appointing, in your words, a fire fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.