• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is that all of this talk of "give him time", which I am not saying that I disagree with, is based more on the fact that we eventually need to give a manager a chance (given that we have sacked a few), rather than the fact that we have been impressed by his managerial skills.

For me it is complete blind faith with him at the moment. I would back him, but it is not based on anything I am seeing on the pitch.

No, because that would be following the current trend of hiring atrocious managers.

My pick would be Conte and offer him the World’s largest managerial salary.

And then what if he can't get a tune out of the players? Doesn't that just go against everything we're trying to build, which is a sustainable model.

Look, I wouldn't be against hiring someone like Conte, obviously, but it's just as much a gamble as anything else. Conte isn't a well-liked manager by players. So wouldn't he just end up in the same situation he did at Chelsea, without the quality in the squad to go and win a title?

My concern is that all of this talk of "give him time", which I am not saying that I disagree with, is based more on the fact that we eventually need to give a manager a chance (given that we have sacked a few), rather than the fact that we have been impressed by his managerial skills.

For me it is complete blind faith with him at the moment. I would back him, but it is not based on anything I am seeing on the pitch.
I agree mate, but only because we need some stability in the club, not what I’ve seen recently on the pitch. Sad but true.

Think that's a fair assessment although I'd argue there have been positives this season.

It's easy to forget how well we were playing heading into that derby.

Since then we've been crap, no arguments.

Factoids and facts aren't the same.

It's like when Elstone used to say every penny the club earned went back into the playing squad. It sounds good but was/is utter BS.

It's a fact.

Whether that money will ultimately go back to Moshiri is obviously up for debate.

But as it stands he has put £250m into the club, paying off debt, hiring/firing managers, and enabling us to spend big (because even if he hasn't given money to transfers, it's meant that we didn't have to sell players/use TV money to cover 'other operating costs' etc).

No, because that would be following the current trend of hiring atrocious managers.

My pick would be Conte and offer him the World’s largest managerial salary.

We need to get away from offering grossly inflated salaries to people who don't deserve it.

Our team ethic has been destroyed by the money these cowards are earning. We can't be a club where average players aspire to join just so they can earn a comfortable pay day with no pressure or weight of expectation. It's a shambolic and pathetic mess that our strategy has created.

It's a fact.

Whether that money will ultimately go back to Moshiri is obviously up for debate.

But as it stands he has put £250m into the club, paying off debt, hiring/firing managers, and enabling us to spend big (because even if he hasn't given money to transfers, it's meant that we didn't have to sell players/use TV money to cover 'other operating costs' etc).

He's completely at fault for how it's been spent though. His strategy has created a total mess and his recruitment of managers and bsck room staff has made it ten times worse.

Ive seen enough tactically in the set up aginst Chelsea, Liverpool and the Utd game to know we can compete with the teams we aspire to be rubbing shoulders enough to know hes a good manager and is well able to tactically set up. Im also a fan of his philosphey an Everton manager who is expansive and cnfront a game in an attacking way, i will always have time for. I think its important to the identity of the club.

The so call tactic that you see is actually counter attacking Football with good pressing because we sit back with good defensive shape. Certainly not the imaginary master tactician that you seems to be confuse with. It’s just a simply old counter Attack and we have players more than capable to play this style effectively.

And then what if he can't get a tune out of the players? Doesn't that just go against everything we're trying to build, which is a sustainable model.

Look, I wouldn't be against hiring someone like Conte, obviously, but it's just as much a gamble as anything else. Conte isn't a well-liked manager by players. So wouldn't he just end up in the same situation he did at Chelsea, without the quality in the squad to go and win a title?
Are you seriously suggesting a Premier League winning manager is as much as a gamble as Marco Silva, who has lost 30 of 66 Premier League games?

Jesus Christ.

We need to get away from offering grossly inflated salaries to people who don't deserve it.

Our team ethic has been destroyed by the money these cowards are earning. We can't be a club where average players aspire to join just so they can earn a comfortable pay day with no pressure or weight of expectation. It's a shambolic and pathetic mess that our strategy has created.
I’d say Conte would deserve it. Koeman, Fat Sam and Silva do not.

Hiring a top manager will breed expectation from the players.

He's completely at fault for how it's been spent though. His strategy has created a total mess and his recruitment of managers and bsck room staff has made it ten times worse.

That's a valid argument.

Doesn't change that he's given the money in the first place.

And actually, all along he's tried to give it to 'football people' to make the decisions. His decisions in who those football people have been have so far been a mix of bang average or disastrous, although Brands is hopefully a step in the right direction and, while he has to do more, I still have confidence Silva can prove he isn't dreadful and has shown positives to an extent.

But again, doesn't change that he's put the money in.

Status
Not open for further replies.