• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not blinking to be honest.

We have a good manager, ww have good players both have proven they can get results in the league. Time to circle the wagons really,
Which qualities do you think he's proven to be a "good manager" in?

I'm not seeing anything at all to suggest he's good at motivating players, selecting suitable tactics, adapting tactics in play, reacting with subs quickly enough, communicating after defeats to appease fans' concerns.

... which makes me ask what you've seen to suggest he's a good manager?

Or is it just because he's foreign and has a fancy name? He's performing arguably worse than Allardyce.

Silva not being helped at the moment by so many players badly out of form. Gomes, Gylfi, Gueye unable to pass the pass the ball to a team mate. Richarlison completely isolated and not suited to playing with his back to goal.

But the slow, ponderous build up, and players taking 4/5 touches to control the ball, get their head up and decide on a pass is so easy to play against.

Opposition just need to close us down quickly and any threat is nullified. This is down to Silva and he need to get us playing quicker with less touches, and working harder without the ball.

No point in sacking him this season, for me. Give him the chance to turn it round. But we need to see drastic improvement.

The acquisition of Richarlison alone for me stands as progress. Not everyone’s idea of progress is the same. Hopefully we sign a few more gems to push us on.

If he gets 7th in May than Fat Sam’s 8th that’s mean progress. If he closes the gap between Everton and the top 6 that is progress. Without results we have no progress. Results mean everything. Of course unless he wins the FA Cup.

Did not want Silva as manager as his previous track record was average . Not been great so far and another manager who simply does not have a plan B for when things are not going our way. Will he get better, well he has showed nothing to prove he can take us to the next level.

Which qualities do you think he's proven to be a "good manager" in?

I'm not seeing anything at all to suggest he's good at motivating players, selecting suitable tactics, adapting tactics in play, reacting with subs quickly enough, communicating after defeats to appease fans' concerns.

... which makes me ask what you've seen to suggest he's a good manager?

Or is it just because he's foreign and has a fancy name? He's performing arguably worse than Allardyce.

Ive seen enough tactically in the set up aginst Chelsea, Liverpool and the Utd game to know we can compete with the teams we aspire to be rubbing shoulders enough to know hes a good manager and is well able to tactically set up. Im also a fan of his philosphey an Everton manager who is expansive and cnfront a game in an attacking way, i will always have time for. I think its important to the identity of the club.

Ive seen enough tactically in the set up aginst Chelsea, Liverpool and the Utd game to know we can compete with the teams we aspire to be rubbing shoulders enough to know hes a good manager and is well able to tactically set up.
Strangely, it's actually easier to play against those teams as they are confident that they'll beat you so they leave you space. We need to be able to break down teams who play on the break against us.

Ive seen enough tactically in the set up aginst Chelsea, Liverpool and the Utd game to know we can compete with the teams we aspire to be rubbing shoulders enough to know hes a good manager and is well able to tactically set up. Im also a fan of his philosphey an Everton manager who is expansive and cnfront a game in an attacking way, i will always have time for. I think its important to the identity of the club.
Sounds like you're describing Roberto! lol

Yet he got one point out of that and we can’t even beat the like in Huddersfield, Watford and Newcastle at home. And Leicester and West Ham.

We have made 0 progress - thats a fact mate. Dont make things up its embarassing.

Reduced the age of the squad.
Bought genuine talent.
Rebuilding a team.
New style of football.
Removing the deadwood from the books (15 senior players)

Consistency on the pitch is a problem. But that takes time.

Or just keep it basic and look at points on the board. IfIfhat was the yardstick...we should've kept Big Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.