• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want Moyes back, remember in 2003/04 he oversaw our worst ever points total and in 2005/06 one of the worst starts to a season we’ve. He wasn’t sacked though and was given the time to sort out the messes he created
That is true. Though we were much more limited in terms of financing then. He helped stop us going under due to his transfer dealings.

It's a serious slump but not irreversible. We do have a decent enough run of games and should manage to pick up points. We do seem more suited to playing away.

Unless there is a quite remarkable turnaround though, it seems more likely than not this season will just peter out. We will take points here and there and could finish anywhere.

Silva has a huge fight on his hands now to try and salvage things - we still have to fight for 7th place and Europe. Momentum is important and going into the second season with momentum and impetus largely lost just starts the cycle over again. It will affect our ability to sign players as well. We have to be seen as a club on the up that is progressing and improving. Stagnation affects everything and we are stuck firmly in that rut now.

For those reasons, unless this slump deteriorates alarmingly, we are not in a position to do anything other than support him and hope he succeeds. If he is going to make it here, he will come through this period and be stronger for it. That is written as much in hope than expectation. There is no remedy other than hard work and very shrewd signings whenever we can get them.

We were a solid 4-6 team. Exactly where we are trying to get back to at the moment!

We were still mediocre. Ok, the players seemed more together, but ultimately they were still the bottle jobs we have now. I'd rather not bother woth the Europa league at all tbh. We need to go hard for the CL should we ever have the players or manager to achieve that.

Really shown that since he left us hasn't he lollol
Again, you are right. But I think he will have learned from his mistakes and improved as a manager. Most successes in any field have some failures.

Again, I think we have to give Silva time. I have been consistent in saying this. I just think he is worth keeping in mind for the future.

Don't talk wham, lot of worst performances in Martinez's last season, hell we had worse UNDER Moyes
Under Moyes? Only in 03-04. The rest of his time here was far better then anything that's happened since with the exception of that first fluke season under Martinez which was only a slight improvement on the one we'd had before under Moyes. This season has been far worse then the vast majority of Moyes's time here. You've got to go back to Walter Smith to find a worse run then what we've seem in the last few years.

We were still mediocre. Ok, the players seemed more together, but ultimately they were still the bottle jobs we have now. I'd rather not bother woth the Europa league at all tbh. We need to go hard for the CL should we ever have the players or manager to achieve that.
We were a couple of players away from greater things. We should be in Spurs position now. They have been lucky in getting a talented manager, while we have had bad luck on this front.

Under Moyes? Only in 03-04. The rest of his time here was far better then anything that's happened since with the exception of that first fluke season under Martinez which was only a slight improvement on the one we'd had before under Moyes. This season has been far worse then the vast majority of Moyes's time here. You've got to go back to Walter Smith to find a worse run then what we've seem in the last few years.
Exactly. I don’t like the way he left, but I also do not like all the revisionism about his time here. Biggest mistake of his career was leaving the club. At the same time, we were still under Bill then, so it is understandable he wanted to go somewhere with more money.

We were playing alright up until the beginning of December and our form has fallen off a cliff in the last few weeks. Silva needs to light a fire under the players and get them ready for this easy stretch of fixtures in January. Need to score some goals and restore some confidence ASAP and we can still salvage the second half of the season.

Considering the way the league is at the moment I don´t think we can turn our noses up at any European football. We would find it ridiculously difficult to go from no European football to Champions League level anyway. Natural progression is definitely Europa League.

Status
Not open for further replies.