• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hes a fine manager its funny everyone in here worshiped to him in the start of the season but when we lost few games and we are in a bad streak everyones opinion about him changed drastically. people in here have no patience they just want win win win might go as well support liverpool if you wanna see your team win every game. have patience for f'sake

Noises from the training ground etc are that one of Silva's greatest strengths is his attention to detail, breaking down players positioning into exactly where they should be at certain moments in relation to the opposition etc. It is conceivable therefore that the Christmas period is one of the worst for his management style due to congested fixtures giving him less time than normal to prepare for games. It's not an excuse, I think we can all see it has been a bit crap, but now we have almost two weeks between Prem games there is plenty of time for preparation again, so lets see what sort of reaction we get against Bournemouth.*

*I am not even cosnidering the possibility that we will go out of the FA cup against Lincoln as it is too much for me to contemplate.
Do you think his preparation and detail could stretch to having players on the posts defending corners or the whole team switching off at key moments in games ?

They have cost us dearly this season.

Just 2 basic necessities required when playing the game of togger.

Pretty easy to fix too.

Do you think his preparation and detail could stretch to having players on the posts defending corners or the whole team switching off at key moments in games ?

They have cost us dearly this season.

Just 2 basic necessities required when playing the game of togger.

Pretty easy to fix too.
The fact that he is so pedantic about training ground prep, yet we are anything but prepped on game day is mind bending.

Never known so many disjointed performances.. we can not even string 5 passes together

hes a fine manager its funny everyone in here worshiped to him in the start of the season but when we lost few games and we are in a bad streak everyones opinion about him changed drastically. people in here have no patience they just want win win win might go as well support liverpool if you wanna see your team win every game. have patience for f'sake
Why so many Marco lovers from new/inactive posters????? The wuming game is week, no groundwork done no more.

Why so many Marco lovers from new/inactive posters????? The wuming game is week, no groundwork done no more.
im not the most active user in this forum but i visit here from time to time and what this got to do with supporting Silva? hes the guy, he showed succes if we give him good players we are just on a bad run. i am a bit clever so i wont generalize people and say why the most active people is impatience fan i will just say you are a impatience guy who thinks we should win every game.

You on the board?

I just think it's a pretty safe bet, especially considering what Brands said when he first came in.

In theory, we could finish 7th and not get Europe. Would that mean we sack Silva in that instance? Heck, theoretically - although obviously not realistically - you could finish 6th and not get Europe.

I do agree on this, i dont want Europe myself however if there are signs of progression I'm sure he will get another year, but right now there are none. If Moshiri watches him for 12 months and sees nothing from him to be hopefully for I'm sure he will get booted just like his last man Koeman did.

Really?

There have been signs of progression mate. For one, do you think Richarlison, Gomes, Mina etc would be anywhere near the club had Sam stayed? No. So we're already attracting a different type/level of player.

The football is far better, despite recent performances. Overall we've played with more pace, tenacity and pressure. Yes, there have been slip ups and bad displays, but there have been good moments as well.

There's two signs of progression off the top of my head.

Defensively, despite our recent bad run, we've conceded less and scored more, so another two signs of progression.

It's bad at the moment, no doubt, but it doesn't completely negate what was good during our decent run. We obviously just need to get back to that quickly and that is on the manager and the players to recapture some form heading into the second half of the season. But to say there are no signs of progression is just as wrong as saying we've progressed in every area - because clearly there are still massive issues we need to work on.

The fact that he is so pedantic about training ground prep, yet we are anything but prepped on game day is mind bending.

Never known so many disjointed performances.. we can not even string 5 passes together
The performances havent been the problem (up & til.the the derby) apart from the disasterous lack of concentration and lapses from dead ball situations the football has been pretty good.
Every time a corner or free kick comes into our box we are stood flatfooted and concede in and around our 6 yrd line.
We' ve gone toe to toe with good teams this season and looked good only to be punished for simple basic errors.
This coupled with the glaringly obvious lack of our own predator in this has cost us big time.
The longer this has gone on its noticeable heads dropping in the last couple of games.
We MUST get that striker in as soon as possible to give us some sort of fresh impetus ....and sort out the laspes in concentration.
If both arnt addressed I fear for his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.