• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not say how great he was but he was indeed better than the past 4 Everton managers so please do not twist my words.

Moyes had 11 seasons. Was very nearly sacked early doors but was given time to build a stable team with no more ambition than being stable. People say he never had the funds but players are assets therefore use those assets to get better but he wouldn't. Silva has been here 6 months and we are making unfair comparisons.

It also does my head in the results you have mentioned, but he is currently working with some duds. Once he gets his team together let’s see how he fares then.

We simply can’t keep pressing reset after 6 months of a manager in charge, we will constantly be in transition.

Silva is still sorting out who he wants to keep, Walcott is a perfect example of this, too inconsistent
Except he plays Walcott in every match instead of anyone else. That means he rates Walcott.

That's why I'm asking who.
Everyone is an expert on these appointments on a forum

Conte, Mancini, Mourinho etc.

We can say whoever we want it’s the management who would decide. If we are splashing the cash on players why not on managers with track records?

Of course this issue of appointment will not be discussed unless it goes extremely wrong for Silva.

Last edited:

Conte, Mancini, Mourinho etc.

We can say whoever we want it’s the management who would decide. If we are splashing the cash on players why not on managers with track records?

Of course this issue of appointment will not be discussed unless it goes extremely wrong for Silva.
Mancini has a job with the Italian national team. Conte and Mourinho are out of our reach. We’re not a top 6 club yet. We’re fishing in the same waters as the likes of west ham and Leicester for managers at the moment.

Moyes had 11 seasons. Was very nearly sacked early doors but was given time to build a stable team with no more ambition than being stable. People say he never had the funds but players are assets therefore use those assets to get better but he wouldn't. Silva has been here 6 months and we are making unfair comparisons.

I do think expectation have raised because we get used to be in the top 7 for about a decade and we have been splashing the cash and wages around for the past 3 seasons.

Silva has 18 games to go I do hope he can at least get the EL spot.

Mancini has a job with the Italian national team. Conte and Mourinho are out of our reach. We’re not a top 6 club yet. We’re fishing in the same waters as the likes of west ham and Leicester for managers at the moment.

They got Pellegrini which is fair enough. He has track records.

Us, Leicester, West Ham, Bournemouth and Wolves. Arguably the main contenders for the 7th place trophy. All squads that contain a mixture of good players and dross, all inconsistent at the moment.

My issue is it doesn't necessarily matter the quality of the squad. Klopp had a squad of the likes of Ricky Lambert and Borini yet took them to a cup and later Europa League Final.

Martinez had a side with the likes of Lukaku, Barkley and Stones in yet finished below garbage sides like Stoke who had the likes of Berahinho up top.

Good managers can push sides on look at Moyes taking the team we had into the top 4 that year.

My concern is regardless of who we sign in January Silva's not the man to get the best out of them.

We'll never win a league title or trophy if we cant defend or have no Plan B. Klopps Liverpool couldn't do that and they had the forwards to blow teams away which we realistically will never have.

A more balanced manager was and is still needed after Alladyce.

A dream appointment for me would be Conte

A realistic appointment would be Mancini

A wildcard appoint Nagellsman who has Hoffenheim very well balanced in attack and defence whilst still young and upcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.