• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes replacing Smith, things got better right away
Martinez replacing Moyes, things got better,, much better.
Koeman replaced Martinez, things did look better and there was improvement.
Fat head Sam replaced Koeman, and he steadied us and we looked better and harder to beat.
Silva replaced Fat Head and we have gone backwards. And with massive investment.....

We are inconsistent as we always are, what's so shocking about that after the last few years, Silva isn't a miracle worker and he's only had 6 months here. It's getting borderline ridiculous calling for the managers head, saying all the players are garbage, the young lads are all rubbish. We as a fan base at some point are going to have to get behind a manager for a longer period than 6 months and one transfer window and stop throwing our toys out of the bath because anothe premier league outfit beats us at there own gaff.

Not when Fat Sam was here though.

Doing better than Fat Sam isn’t miracle worker. Look pal I am not asking for some ridiculous demand. But if we can’t even beat the like in Watford and Newcastle at home something is not getting right.

It’s a nice story but it’s BS. Spurs fans were saying it a few years ago.

How so? Spurs have won more in the PL era and consistently performed similar to us in the league until 05-06. Then Levy shuck things up and they started recruiting and performing at a level way above us because he could see a gap.

I agree Silva's style is the way to go, but he's not good enough its clear to see.

He did an okay job in Portugal and won the greek league with Olympiakos which every manager achieves as its an awful league.

His record in this league is God awful, went down with Hull, sacked at midtable watford after a shocking run after a few decent games and now we are 9th/10th/11th depsite spending massively more than clubs around us and have quality like French, Brazilian, english and columbian internationals in the side.

I dont know what people see in the bloke honestly I dont.

Get rid and let Brands appoint a forward thinking manager who actually has a proven track record and the credentials to be EFC manager.

It's not god awful tho. There is context to both his time at Hull and Watford. Don't try to paint it as black and white, same way I won't just say Hull were crap anyway and Watford went wrong because of our interest.

We are midtable in Dec and a couple wins from being where most would aim for this season, and you are talking about spending as if that always shows immediate results.

Just some balance would be nice.

He is the type of coach we need. It's not been great so far. He may not be the right guy ultimately. But its not going to work sacking managers after half a season when they are really only getting going.

Again at the back of all this you would have to assume that with Brands we will be ready if they feel he isn't the guy and won't see the shambles of last season again. I don't see the need to freak out here.

Fans have been overhyping us when we've gotten results and also overhyping players who haven't really done much yet. Now I think some are too doom and gloom when we've been particularly had recently. (Not saying you)

The reality is we are average still with some added quality in the squad. We are about where we deserve to be right now.

We need more in the 2nd half of the season that's for sure. I would be okay with finishing where we are but the performances need to convince even when the final score doesn't.....and so far not enough if the performances leave you convinced.

Lots of work still to do.

The major concern is he doesn’t seem to know what to do when Plan A goes south. What I’m seeing is not pleasant, it’s a worrying watch. A really really poor Newcastle team deserved a win, an even worse Cardiff team deserved a point.

The throw all strikers on salvaged the Cardiff game, but his tactics have massively failed for the majority. And the top managers step in and change the game by making te necessary alterations

Even the Burnley game, at 3-1 I never felt really secure and i personally think that their miss from the CB won us that game.

Moyes replacing Smith, things got better right away
Martinez replacing Moyes, things got better,, much better.
Koeman replaced Martinez, things did look better and there was improvement.
Fat head Sam replaced Koeman, and he steadied us and we looked better and harder to beat.
Silva replaced Fat Head and we have gone backwards. And with massive investment.....

* fixed it for you

It's really the hope that kills you in the Premier League.

There are a lot of Villa fans where I work and although they would rather be playing in the top league, they are all enjoying the Championship. The football, the battles, the atmosphere, the fact there is something to fight for.

Better to support your local EFL or National League side really.

As I said earlier, there are absolutely no incentives or repercussions for teams like Everton who sit just outside the top 6. You can't try and go for a cup in case it effects league form, so you just carry on with the mediocrity. So it's all a bit pointless really.

Fully agree.

Look, if we beat Arsenal or United at home, does it really matter? Not really. Our "battles", or surrenders, are twice a year against the RS, and we just get pumped year on year. We don't even contest them any more.

Cups? We gave Davies the captaincy (for shame) and surrendered to a truly horrible Southampton side. We'll probably run over Lincoln and then get a premier league team away, lose, and then we will just freewheel to May. Or maybe we will get 40 points from our remaining 18 games (this Everton side isn't winning 13 games and drawing 1 of its remaining 18 like) , finish on 67 points and.... finish 6th, in all its beige glory.

Not when Fat Sam was here though.

Doing better than Fat Sam isn’t miracle worker. Look pal I am not asking for some ridiculous demand. But if we can’t even beat the like in Watford and Newcastle at home something is not getting right.

ok whatever, entitled much.

To think less than a month ago everyone was quite content that the footy had improved and we were harder to beat. we have only been pummelled once so far, after last year I'd say thats improvement but let's be real here that squad has a lot of last seasons players who lost all confidence. The current starting line up has 6 new lads in it and we are inconsistent, I am truly shocked.

The major concern is he doesn’t seem to know what to do when Plan A goes south. What I’m seeing is not pleasant, it’s a worrying watch. A really really poor Newcastle team deserved a win, an even worse Cardiff team deserved a point.

The throw all strikers on salvaged the Cardiff game, but his tactics have massively failed for the majority. And the top managers step in and change the game by making te necessary alterations

Even the Burnley game, at 3-1 I never felt really secure and i personally think that their miss from the CB won us that game.

But on the flip side we have looked well organised in the games against City and the RS. Solid and clear lines working together with some decent threat in attack.

You are right in picking out those games but I dunno. I started with not expecting much this season apart from getting new players bedded in and at least staying top half, so I am not too concerned yet. I had said I'd be okay being like 12th come season end if there is plenty of positives in the performances but yeah, if we finished the season 10th or below and the season finished with the same level of performance I'd be fine if they went looking again in the summer.

I'm still optimistic we will be fine, but not great, come season end and we will be able to see better times ahead with the second squad upgrade in the summer.

Cups? We gave Davies the captaincy (for shame) and surrendered to a truly horrible Southampton side. We'll probably run over Lincoln .....
Dont take that for granted, got a feeling he will play a nonsense side, a cup run is vital or this season is a shocker

It took Klopp 4 years to get Liverpool where they are. Pochettino's had about the same amount with Spurs, I think?

Klopp has gotten to finals in every season he's been at the club and has consistently been in the top 4 as has Poch lets not pretend they were 10/11th with Liverpool and Spurs in their first seasons and out the cups at the first hurdle.

Klopp and Poch with the likes of Digne, Mina, Gomes, Gana and Richarlison would do miles more than what our current clown is managing.

To think less than a month ago everyone was quite content that the footy had improved and we were harder to beat. we have only been pummelled once so far, after last year I'd say thats improvement but let's be real here that squad has a lot of last seasons players who lost all confidence. The current starting line up has 6 new lads in it and we are inconsistent, I am truly shocked.
We got pummeled twice at home. Spurs and West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.