• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it three clean sheets on the run now? He's getting there....we seem to be mixing zonal and man to man a bit now. This will no doubt confuse some of the less intelligent players, but will probably confuse the opposition as well. This is a journey for Silva as well...he's not the finished article, but he's getting there slowly.

Is it three clean sheets on the run now? He's getting there....we seem to be mixing zonal and man to man a bit now. This will no doubt confuse some of the less intelligent players, but will probably confuse the opposition as well. This is a journey for Silva as well...he's not the finished article, but he's getting there slowly.
Er... no. We concede three goals in 20 minutes vs. Newcastle, two games ago.

It's amazing he hasn't done this, isn't it? If he could delegate set piece defending to an expert, that would seem to be step 1 in addressing a massive problem.
Unless there is one in his back room team already who just isn’t cutting it. Either way it needs addressed as defensive stability is of course crucial to every team. Get that and an upgrade for Cenk and I think Silva can make a success of this job.

And speaking of back room teams, maybe just maybe, DCL’s development is down to working with Big Duncan and that is why Silva has retained him. If I have called that right then Silva deserves credit for the patience and trust he has shown.

Er... no. We concede three goals in 20 minutes vs. Newcastle, two games ago.

Haha. The problem is the huge inconsistency in our defending. Clean sheets against Chelsea and Liverpool, conceding 3 in 20 minutes against Newcastle. Sometimes we look relatively comfortable and other times it feels like we can't handle the opposition.

We were very lucky in that first half against Chelsea to come out without conceding.

In terms of zonal marking. Maybe his methods are fine but the players aren't taking it in? Maybe Mina will make a huge difference in zonal marking?

Ah the old "if only he brought in a defensive coach" line.

Remember fans saying that regarding a certain ex brown shoe wearing manager of ours...

The likes of myself and others get pelters however atleast we are not hypocrites and flip flop to whatever is the most popular opinion.

I’ve got no problem with lads wanting Silva gone now mate, everyone has a right to have an opinion, and whether some lads agree with you or not, they can debate with you, passionately if so be, but your opinion should be respected.

I said it ages ago, Silva got the rest of the season and the first 10 games of next season for me, if we’re still inconsistent, then he’s gone for me.

I’ve got no problem with lads wanting Silva gone now mate, everyone has a right to have an opinion, and whether some lads agree with you or not, they can debate with you, passionately if so be, but your opinion should be respected.

I said it ages ago, Silva got the rest of the season and the first 10 games of next season for me, if we’re still inconsistent, then he’s gone for me.
Not on you personally but I think that's a terrible stance. If you want him here next year you have to take the bad all the way. To give him "X games or he's gone" puts us right back with where we were last year having to take FSA because nobody else wanted to come near the club. If they are going to give him a last chance I'd rather they just cut him loose and start with a new manager in the summer.

Not on you personally but I think that's a terrible stance. If you want him here next year you have to take the bad all the way. To give him "X games or he's gone" puts us right back with where we were last year having to take FSA because nobody else wanted to come near the club. If they are going to give him a last chance I'd rather they just cut him loose and start with a new manager in the summer.

I’ve been teetering on the edge with Silva mate, but I’m thinking with a Summer transfer under his belt going into next season is giving him a fair crack of the whip. The only worry I suppose is he spends a wagon load of dosh (ala Koeman) and it still goes tits up.

Saying that though, depending on how the rest of the season goes my stance could easily change by the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.