• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the article is good in general, but with regard to Silva, you could make that sort of argument about maybe 90% of managers in the league. Very few managers are really exceeding their targets I think. Guardiola, Espirito Santo and Gracia are. Klopp and Pochettino if they can actually win a trophy.

A lot of the targets set are unrealistic. Leicester, Everton, West Ham and probably from next season Wolves will all want to try to break that top 6, but the gulf in class is massive and the odds on any of them doing it are slim.

The top 6 all want a stab at the league, but it’s crowded at the top and even finishing top 4 is a tough ask (other than for City and Liverpool).

A lot of the targets set are unrealistic. Leicester, Everton, West Ham and probably from next season Wolves will all want to try to break that top 6, but the gulf in class is massive and the odds on any of them doing it are slim.

The top 6 all want a stab at the league, but it’s crowded at the top and even finishing top 4 is a tough ask (other than for City and Liverpool).
Yeah exactly. I don’t think you can sack a manager for finishing a couple of points off where you thought they would in one season. Obviously if we’re not moving forward next year it’s different, but at the moment I don’t see how changing manager could even be on the radar.

I think some people are struggling to get their heads round the fact that the days of us being part of that top group have gone. We need to get back up there but we’re really not underachieving to any real extent. Yes we could be a few points and therefore places better off but the very best this group is capable of is a distant 7th, just ahead of one or two others in our current peer group.

Unless the form takes another massive dip in the remaining fixtures, I'd imagine that he's secured his position going into next season now.

I can't say I'll be feeling too optimistic if that's the case. I was certain that we were only a year or two away from a full-blown relegation battle at half-time yesterday.

Still shouldn’t be here next season for me unless he has an unbelievable run and we can see some hope, the frustration this season has been against the mid to lower teams, we’ve played decent against some of the top teams we just can’t seem to keep the effort up against the the lesser teams.

Question for the pro silva fans.

If West Ham beat us on saturday will you be concerned based on this season overall and will it take the gloss away from the chelsea game like the newcastle game did?

It depends.

Getting beat away at Newcastle wasnt a bad result, its often difficult away at most teams.

The manner of defeat is what mattered.

For me results arent black and white, they are indeed all that matter, but you can take heart from some defeats, I mean clearly not you, but normal rational people can.

I mean for example I was impressed at our defeats at Arse and United, we competed, we got beat, but we didnt roll over and get out tummys tickled like in the past.

Then of course the defeat against Spurs was on the other end of the scale.

But im not really pro-Silva, im more pro- stability. Im hopeful that Silva can show enough in the remaining games for me to "back him" past May.

It depends.

Getting beat away at Newcastle wasnt a bad result, its often difficult away at most teams.

The manner of defeat is what mattered.

For me results arent black and white, they are indeed all that matter, but you can take heart from some defeats, I mean clearly not you, but normal rational people can.

I mean for example I was impressed at our defeats at Arse and United, we competed, we got beat, but we didnt roll over and get out tummys tickled like in the past.

Then of course the defeat against Spurs was on the other end of the scale.

But im not really pro-Silva, im more pro- stability. Im hopeful that Silva can show enough in the remaining games for me to "back him" past May.

Im not as anti Silva as people think. I have nothing personally against the bloke and if he gets results im happy for him to be manager - the issue is he simply hasn't gotten results.

This club should always aspire to qualify for Europe/compete in the trophies and to be in the bottom half at this stage isnt good enough - if we fall into a self fulfilling prophecy of "we dont deserve to be ahead of Bournemouth and Watford" which is what you've argued previously then whats the point in supporting us if there is no ambition to ever achieve anything?

If we finish well enough and say end up 8th in the table (I think 7th is too far gone as Wolves are too good to slip up) then he deserves another season.

If we finish the season in 10/11/12 and continue to stutter from result to result with no consistency then I still want him out as he's not shown enough to be a manager of a club of this size.

For all our faults we are still a big club in the biggest league in the world and not any old jack should be given a crack at this job.

My gut instinct is he'll be here next season but im convinced he isnt the right man and we'll be here arguing the same points in 12 months time.

Hope im wrong but I've seen nothing to suggest I am. Even yesterday which was our best result all season on paper its easy to forget this same Chelsea side got smashed 4-0 away at Bournemouth and could have easily put us away in the first half.

Im not as anti Silva as people think. I have nothing personally against the bloke and if he gets results im happy for him to be manager - the issue is he simply hasn't gotten results.

This club should always aspire to qualify for Europe/compete in the trophies and to be in the bottom half at this stage isnt good enough.

If we finish well enough and say end up 8th in the table (I think 7th is too far gone as Wolves are too good to slip up) then he deserves another season.

If we finish the season in 10/11/12 and continue to stutter from result to result with no consistency then I still want him out as he's not shown enough to be a manager of a club of this size.

For all our faults we are still a big club in the biggest league in the world and not any old jack should be given a crack at this job.

My gut instinct is he'll be here next season but im convinced he isnt the right man and we'll be here arguing the same points in 12 months time.

Hope im wrong but I've seen nothing to suggest I am. Even yesterday which was our best result all season on paper its easy to forget this same Chelsea side got smashed 4-0 away at Bournemouth and could have easily put us away in the first half.

We arent a big club tho.

People REALLY need to realise and accept this.

A team without a trophy for 24 years REALLY cant keep prentending its a big club.

We arent a big club tho.

People REALLY need to realise and accept this.

A team without a trophy for 24 years REALLY cant keep prentending its a big club.

We still are - Richarlison and Silva still left Watford for us

Koeman left Southampton for us

Bolasie left Palace for us

Siggurdsson and Williams left Swansea for us

If we were just another side outside the top 6 those above wouldn't have been clamouring to leave at the first start of interest.

A big problem for us is we accept mediocrity- Liverpool havent won the league in near 30 years but I bet not one person at that club is saying that to their players after a defeat "ah forget it lads we aint won it in 30 years doesnt matter".

If you dont have aspirations you'll never achieve anything.

Fans moan when the players stroll around and dont give a toss - maybe the fans need to take a look at themselves first as if they dont expect commitment and desire to achieve somerhing how do they expect a bunch of millionaires with no connection to the club to care?

This club should always aspire to qualify for Europe/compete in the trophies and to be in the bottom half at this stage isnt good enough - if we fall into a self fulfilling prophecy of "we dont deserve to be ahead of Bournemouth and Watford" which is what you've argued previously then whats the point in supporting us if there is no ambition to ever achieve anything?

People have ambition mate they just know it won't happen in one season.

Question for the pro silva fans.

If West Ham beat us on saturday will you be concerned based on this season overall and will it take the gloss away from the chelsea game like the newcastle game did?
I certainly wouldn't say I'm a silva fan but believe he does deserve another window and the start of next season to really see where we lie under him. This season will continue to be up and down because the players are the real issue, they're all perfectly capable of being there or thereabouts in terms of top 7 but they're is not one player who has been consistent this season. People may argue that's a reflection on Silva, which is a fair point, but I think he needs time and more of his own transfers to be brought in before we really see what we are looking at. Ultimately I dont think we would be any better off this season with another manager as largely the group of players we have isn't good enough regularly enough.

More players of the ilk of who we brought in for this season, get rid of the spongers (who are no good for team spirit) and hit the ground running next year. Silva has shown he can adapt to the issues, the set piece calamities seem to have been remedied for example. He will be under real pressure at the start of next season but I think he needs that chance as there have been flashes of what we could be under him. He should be doing better with the squad but we could say that for the last 5 managers and he has inherited a huge mess in terms of squad balance. We are also in dire need of a bit of stability so getting rid of him would reset the whole program in the players minds at a time when it looks like they are finally starting to apply what that program is.

Whatever happens mate I dont think we will be arguing the same points in 12 months. We will spend in summer and improve the squad around what he wants. If he doesnt have us in and around th top 6 he will be gone by Christmas. Moshiri will know the fans are split on him at the moment, he will have surely considered getting rid this season given some of our results. He doesnt seem the most patient of blokes!!!

We still are - Richarlison and Silva still left Watford for us

Koeman left Southampton for us

Bolasie left Palace for us

Siggurdsson and Williams left Swansea for us

If we were just another side outside the top 6 those above wouldn't have been clamouring to leave at the first start of interest.

A big problem for us is we accept mediocrity- Liverpool havent won the league in near 30 years but I bet not one person at that club is saying that to their players after a defeat "ah forget it lads we aint won it in 30 years doesnt matter".

If you dont have aspirations you'll never achieve anything.

Fans moan when the players stroll around and dont give a toss - maybe the fans need to take a look at themselves first as if they dont expect commitment and desire to achieve somerhing how do they expect a bunch of millionaires with no connection to the club to care?

Having aspirations are 1 thing, but deluding yourself that we are a big club is another.

You see I aspire to be a big club, again, you seem to think we already are 1.

I demand the same as you, I want us winning trinkets, again.

I just dont think we are there yet.

the quite obvious response to that nonsense
I don't know if I'm in the minority who does it but if it's a new manager the first season is always a free pass regardless unless it's nearly relegation.
Show us what you can do, Let's see how we fare against the top four and see how he opts to play, I think giving managers positional requirements in the first season is just expecting too much unless you have the perfect squad ready made like Chelsea etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.