• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't want one/said he had one in Richarlison.

Your argument is inconsistent.

Going back to;

Won a game have we?

Fans who expect better are unreasonable? - "dearie, dearie me?!"

Again, we're 11th - season was over on the 15th Feb when Millwall dumped us out the cup.

Our run of form;

L D D L L W L L W W L L W L L L W D L W

Teams #efc have beaten this season – Burnley, Cardiff, Brighton, Palace, Leicester, Fulham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Cardiff City, Chelsea.

Nowhere near good enough, not even in a "transitional" season. The season has been a write off.

Great, enjoy the win - a bloody rare one, but don't use it as an opportunity to be smug or sneer at other fans because you'll be found woefully wanting.

If anything it shows the side is capable, it again shows a big issue of the management getting some consistency from the side.

Dearie, dearie me.

This on toast.

Still glaring problems in terms of a striker, midfield, and defending.

But took chances when they came. Which has happened against Chelsea since the turn of the year.

Going back to;

Won a game have we?

Again, we're 11th - season was over on the 15th Feb when Millwall dumped us out the cup.

Our run of form;

Teams #efc have beaten this season – Burnley, Cardiff, Brighton, Palace, Leicester, Fulham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Cardiff City, Chelsea.

Nowhere near good enough, not even in a "transitional" season. The season has been a write off.

Great, enjoy the win - a bloody rare one, but don't use it as an opportunity to be smug or sneer at other fans because you'll be found woefully wanting.

If anything it shows the side is capable, it again shows a big issue of the management getting some consistency from the side.

Dearie, dearie me.

Where has Silva stated that he doesnt want a CF?

I remember him saying that Richarlison can play there and also deflecting the questions around Jan but dont remember him saying he doesnt want a CF.

And theres no 'inconsistent' argument from me there. Ive always backed this manager -- he's going to be a top manager.

Hes turning some players into far better performers.

Hes working with players who dont fit into his previous systems or style of play.

One thing i agree with you on is that this season is a write off...it always was a write off...that was evident before a ball had been kicked.

Anything out of the champions league slots or winning a cup is a write off.

You comments are effectively saying league position and results arent good enough...well they havent been since the time Moyes got us into FA cup finals, Royle had Kanchelskis and the year before we won the cup.

Every season is a write off without top 4 or a cup and theres only two ways to achieve that which is to totally fluke a season with half a team of decent players...or build something.

Martinez was the last manager trying to build a new style of play...now Silva is.

Different type of football which requires patience and money.

Going back to;

Won a game have we?

Our run of form;

Dearie, dearie me.

We did play a side that play one way.

We've played very well against the top 6 bar Spurs but have lacked quality to capitalise.

The struggles we've had is, imo, purely down to stubbornness, willing to adapt, and a few key positions not been good enough.

Where has Silva stated that he doesnt want a CF?

I remember him saying that Richarlison can play there and also deflecting the questions around Jan but dont remember him saying he doesnt want a CF.

I stopped reading here.

I linked you the article, you've quoted it. It's there. Clearly, you're not reading what I'm saying so I'm not going to extend you the same courtesy.

Going back to;

Won a game have we?

Our run of form;

Dearie, dearie me.
Oh how I've lol @Zatara

Was worried after the 1st half ! Looked like they’d never played football before ! Didn’t have a clue what to do with the ball ! Better 2nd half tho !

Disagree . It was a calculated sit back in the first half, exactly what we did to that lot, the game plan over 2 matches is crystal clear. Absorb and drain thier confidence, conserve energy and then have a proper go at them in the second half.
We are build to counter, nothing else will achieve anything meaningful with the players we have. I said we will perform well before the start of the game and it’s not difficult to predict as we are best when we sit back and counter, against better teams.

I stopped reading here.

I linked you the article, you've quoted it. It's there. Clearly, you're not reading what I'm saying so I'm not going to extend you the same courtesy.

Missed it! Went back and read it...some selective quotes;

“It would be ideal to have someone scoring a goal in every game but that is not easy.

To have someone scoring more would be fantastic but we have to be fair to the players we have.

“It is not just in that position we can improve either.

So, like i posted (and you quoted) i cant see where hes ever said he doesnt want a CF?

Edit: In fact imo it says the opposite.

Last edited:
Disagree . It was a calculated sit back in the first half, exactly what we did to that lot, the game plan over 2 matches is crystal clear. Absorb and drain thier confidence, conserve energy and then have a proper go at them in the second half.
We are build to counter, nothing else will achieve anything meaningful with the players we have. I said we will perform well before the start of the game and it’s not difficult to predict as we are best when we sit back and counter, against better teams.

Spot on!

No mate

He said in his interview the players didn’t do what he wanted them to. Nothing tactical about it, just garbage

Sarri saying that was Chelsea's best first half of the season.

The fact they didn't build on it second half is a credit to Silva.

He knows how to mix it with top coaches.

The sooner we get top players back in this club the better, because this feller will know how to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.