• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That I agree 100%.
What I meant with Martinez was Bill giving him full control of the club like Moyes had. He didn't have the experience.
If he'd come in under someone like Brands then I believe he'd still be here now with a trophy under his belt.
When did that happen for Moyes though? How long had he been at the club before he got that power/authority? (Genuine Q)

And how long do they get from you if they are in 11th this time next season? There's very few guarantees of success out there if we want somebody to actual move us forward, rather than just somebody to consolidate 8th and do not much more.
If they’re 11th this time next season, then the board have hired another bad manager.

When did that happen for Moyes though? How long had he been at the club before he got that power/authority? (Genuine Q)
Think it was all the time. We weren't an attractive proposition at the time and it was also Bill again that gave him it. We weren't really in any position to argue terms.
Football was big but nowhere as big as now so we got away with it.
When Bobby came in we were in a totally different position were any new manager would accept our terms. Bill acted like we were still small time and gave him what he wanted.

Only my opinion by the way.

Think it was all the time. We weren't an attractive proposition at the time and it was also Bill again that gave him it. We weren't really in any position to argue terms.
Football was big but nowhere as big as now so we got away with it.
When Bobby came in we were in a totally different position were any new manager would accept our terms. Bill acted like we were still small time and gave him what he wanted.

Only my opinion by the way.
Without living in the daily PL bubble, I tend to forget 'the details', but I could understand that power & trust for someone like SAF who turned that team into a juggernaut, but it's odd to get it for mid table consistency.

Without living in the daily PL bubble, I tend to forget 'the details', but I could understand that power & trust for someone like SAF who turned that team into a juggernaut, but it's odd to get it for mid table consistency.
Yes but we were relegation candidates when Moyes took over so didn't have a strong hand so to speak.
With Bobby though we were top 6 and he had just relegated Wigan. How Bill gave him free reign with them credentials still baffles me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.