• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to feel sorry for him in that first half, he's trying to coach a bunch of players, who whilst talented, couldn't make the simplest 5 yard pass, they're so frustrating.

Derby win makes him safe as houses (or rather underlines that he's safe as houses).

Cant wait to see us with a proper out and out goal scorer in one of his teams. He's been taking a pea-shooter to a thermo-nuclear war all season.

who should we be realistically targeting dave ?? im not up to date with world wide strikers, we need a yound pacey striker, but someone who can bully defenders, win headers too etc …

This win was a stepping stone, He needs to keep it up till the end of the season to change my mind imo, Getting some points off the top 6 and some away wins would be a nice start.

Stick with Marco through thick and thin until May, and see who falls out of the managerial merry go round we might pick from. Preferably one with a better command of English. Rafael speaks good English and his family still live in Heswall, and he knows his onions, and he is a good coach, so to hell with the rest. Beggars can't be choosers.
Would rather have stout Samuel back.

Derby win makes him safe as houses (or rather underlines that he's safe as houses).

Cant wait to see us with a proper out and out goal scorer in one of his teams. He's been taking a pea-shooter to a thermo-nuclear war all season.
I've said before that things change very quickly in football. If we'd lost last night and at the weekend it may well have been curtains for him.

Truth is now though, a win on Sunday changes the whole complexion of this season, whether people like it or not. A first derby win in 8 years, allied to an improvement in our away form (including our biggest away win for over 20 years), and being in with a good shout of improving on last season's league position, ticks pretty much every box in the mythical 'transitional season' that virtually everybody claimed they were happy for us to have. If people are still saying they want him out in those circumstances I would have to question whether there are slightly more sinister reasons why they don't like him.

Part 1 of 2 of his turnaround week complete. Avoid a loss on Sunday and he’s well back on track for a push for 7th.

It is extremely positive in my view though that we can go to away grounds, not play our best, and come away with big wins. The Burnley and Cardiff results show that we at least have a bit more gun power about us now. Often in the past we struggled to win away even when playing at our best as we just didn’t have the fire power. We walked over Burnley and Cardiff despite being in an awful run of form. If we can get another away win this season it will be our biggest amount since the Martinez days. Small signs of progression.

Ha maybe go through all my posts and you'll see the same people commenting on them regardless of what im saying.

I made a post about transfers and had people coming in with personal insults etc for no reason.

As I've said I dont care I wake up with a smile on my face everyday, its those who seem to genuinely be annoyed on an internet forum when they could just scroll over said posts or put me on ignore who I genuinely worry about for their own mental health.

They are the internet equivalent of the bigot down the pub who instead of focusing on their own life do nothing but moan about everyone else for not looking, thinking and acting the same as them.

Morning mate.

I've said before that things change very quickly in football. If we'd lost last night and at the weekend it may well have been curtains for him.

Truth is now though, a win on Sunday changes the whole complexion of this season, whether people like it or not. A first derby win in 8 years, allied to an improvement in our away form (including our biggest away win for over 20 years), and being in with a good shout of improving on last season's league position, ticks pretty much every box in the mythical 'transitional season' that virtually everybody claimed they were happy for us to have. If people are still saying they want him out in those circumstances I would have to question whether there are slightly more sinister reasons why they don't like him.

This. Apart from the obvious interim nature of Allardyce’s tenure, no Everton manager gets fired for being comfortably mid table in his first season without any danger of relegation. Koeman got himself fired because he flew far too close to the relegation sun. Silva has always done enough to keep it at bay digging out wins even amongst a downward turn in player confidence. He’s bought himself the time that he’s now going to be afforded.

If we end the season in the top half and the players are showing signs of playing for Silva then there’s absolutely no reason to fire him given that all three of our last managers showed that they were capable of dragging us into relegation battles.

They want the next flavour of the month in...THAT'S what this club's support base has diminished to.

My reason for not wanting him in are not those though. It’s because I didn’t want him in the first place and he proved my fears almost to a tee so far.

I obviously hope he stays and we win the lot next season though.

They want the next flavour of the month in...THAT'S what this club's support base has diminished to.

ive not once wanted flavour of the month..

I want a stable manager .. if they are already proven to be 'successful' in the premier league then it should lessen the chance of failure, but that doesn't always work out, im thinking koeman.

flavours of the month never last.

ive not once wanted flavour of the month..

I want a stable manager .. if they are already proven to be 'successful' in the premier league then it should lessen the chance of failure, but that doesn't always work out, im thinking koeman.

flavours of the month never last.
Stabilty comes by giiving managers (who have been in the top half of the table, btw) more than 7 months in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.