• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great article here...

Working with previous regimes, but the players he brought have worked ...

No point changing now for me...

Give him til Christmas to prove his worth!

I think the point being made by the plotters is first he can’t setup a defence, and second he has no previous records to suggest he can take this club forward. This’s a gamble which doesn’t work out.

The longer I think about this, the more I believe he needs to be given time. He has inherited an absolute travesty of a squad, stuck with no forwards up front which there is nothing that he can change alone. Forgetting the forwards we've currently got upfront, are the same as those who struggled under our previous two managers.

The defence has long been in tatters, Keane has flattered to deceive at times this season and in all honesty needs replaced. Along with Coleman who looks totally finished at this level. Midfield has again, been a position we've long needed and lacked quality. Happy enough with Gomes and Gueye but we're crying out for a box-to-box midfielder who can score a goal.

Not good times at the moment but just imagine the mess and mentality that he has inherited... will take a few years to sort out.

Closer to the relegation zone, than the top six.That just isn't acceptable, irrespective of how much stability we apparently need.
This really is the nub of it. If the players are poor, and they are, there should still be a pattern to play and evidence of coaching. There is neither. Of course we need stability and continuity but not just for the sake of it. There is no point binning Silva now but he should certainly go in the summer. There is nothing to suggest that him bringing in a load of new faces is going to make any difference. We could all be back here next October faced with the same issues.

I think the point being made by the plotters is first he can’t setup a defence, and second he has no previous records to suggest he can take this club forward. This’s a gamble which doesn’t work out.

Fair point mate, everyone's entitled to their own opinion but has anyone ever asked if the Zonal stuff is definitely from Marco? Or could it be something he's learning under orders from Marcel, who's philosophy we're supposedly adapting to. I don't have the answer btw... Does anyone know if he played zonal at previous clubs?

Fair point mate, everyone's entitled to their own opinion but has anyone ever asked if the Zonal stuff is definitely from Marco? Or could it be something he's learning under orders from Marcel, who's philosophy we're supposedly adapting to. I don't have the answer btw... Does anyone know if he played zonal at previous clubs?

He's played zonal at his previous clubs.

Thing is, we had settled into zonal in our good run. The players - and I guess manager as well - have stopped doing the basics.

Zonal works, just like man marking works, if you have players doing their jobs. Our players don't do their jobs unless they are literally guided exactly by the manager, who at the moment isn't doing that.

Not making much sense if the zonal marking is implementing under the order of Brands. Silva is employed to do the tactical stuff. We can blame Brands for transfer and signings but to find excuse for Silva...I don’t buy into such theory.

I don't know what the solution is, but I'm not convinced that sacking Silva is the answer.

This is an edited copy of an article by Ian Darke yesterday which gave me some wry amusement.

In football, the trouble with having a rich and wonderful past is that the present can seem pretty tame.
Keeping the customers at Goodison happy has proved to be a tough task at a great club that's almost been
dwarfed by its own shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.