• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...let RK loose on it eh?

To be fair mate Koeman was very highly rated when we got him and had done really well with Southampton. He had a good first season too steadying the ship, some people choose to forget that.

No denying the wheels came off spectacularly in the second season but I’m still convinced he would have turned it around.

Footballers in general only care about money. Look at Man United.

Coleman has a big heart, I've never heard a bad word about that man from anyone who's met him. But then loving the club to bits does not always = being a good player. Right, Baines and Jags?

The only identity Everton have ever had in my life is The Crap Team From Liverpool.

G-d I wish I'd been around in the '80s, I have never seen us win anything.
Are you talking about Baines and Jagielka of now or those under Moyes? I'd instantly swap now for a team with Baines, Jags, Cahill and Osman in their prime.

Probably not a popular opinion, but leave him till the end of the season. Give him the chance to prove he can turn it around. We aren’t getting relegated, and all it shows a perspective new manager is that we have no patience whatsoever if we get rid of him now.

It’ll serve us better in the long run to keep him on till seasons end, who knows he might even turn it around.

For me though the problem isn’t the manager as much as the hideous transfer failings of Koeman and Walsh, and a largely talentless, overpaid squad.
There's definitely cleaning up to do. Re us being overpaid, though, that's the EPL in general, all Premiership teams are on obscene wages. It's one reason why I've become more interested in the lower divisions. Less BS there.
Are you talking about Baines and Jagielka of now or those under Moyes? I'd instantly swap now for a team with Baines, Jags, Cahill and Osman in their prime.
Now. Both of them were great back in the day, and to be fair, they do still have the odd moment. And you can add Pienaar to that list too. <3

I love Jags and Baines, which is one reason why I don't post here much.

He's only bought 3 players and 2 on loan. So he's still got more rebuilding to do.
I don't think this team is bad at all though, We need a striker obvious but if we played decent football we can do damage. We went to Anfield/OT/Stamford Bridge and played comfortably and could have easily won all 3 of them games if chances were taken, I don't think Silva will ever get the team back to that nice little period where everything was looking bright.

He should be sacked.

In any job, no matter what the intention is of a long term project, there has to be a minimum measure of success. Most people have things like ROI targets to live up to in normal jobs.

Marco Silva, by any metric you care to think of, has not met the minimum measure of success. Yes, it's a transition season, but that doesn't give him carte blanche to be awful.

When his only defence is "he needs time", and then you look at his track record with absolutely nothing in it to suggest giving him time is going to make any difference, then the game is up.

Sack him. Put a caretaker in until the end of the season and go from there. I fully understand the desire to stick with a manager and get a project going, but it can't be a bad manager, because you'll just end up with a bad project.
My thoughts to a point. What I disagree with though is sacking him before making strategic decisions. Our director of football should be ruling on team set up, tactics, decisions on when to drop out of form players, set piece tactics. MS is a coach, he is not purely responsible for the whole team set up. Brands has to step up here also.

I don't think this team is bad at all though, We need a striker obvious but if we played decent football we can do damage. We went to Anfield/OT/Stamford Bridge and played comfortably and could have easily won all 3 of them games if chances were taken, I don't think Silva will ever get the team back to that nice little period where everything was looking bright.

It's not. It's better than it was last year and there's no getting round Silva isn't getting a tune out of them at the moment.

There's still that hope he could get the team back to how that was but its also pulling up everyone's faults.

To be fair mate Koeman was very highly rated when we got him and had done really well with Southampton. He had a good first season too steadying the ship, some people choose to forget that.

No denying the wheels came off spectacularly in the second season but I’m still convinced he would have turned it around.

Who did RK sign that was of quality...................??? He didn't even go for Mane after he managed him at Southampton....

It's not. It's better than it was last year and there's no getting round Silva isn't getting a tune out of them at the moment.

There's still that hope he could get the team back to how that was but its also pulling up everyone's faults.
That's the problem though, How long do you give him? Do we gamble and hope he can get this team going again or do you nip it in the bud and try and find a replacement? If we can't get a tune out of them now why would it different in a new season.

Sacking the manager isn’t the answer, we have a squad full of mediocre to terrible calibre of players.

It’s not like Mourihno & Solksjaer who was able to get them back on side, the next manager to come in faces the same problem as Silva and Koeman.

Shift about another 9 players and let Silva build the team.

It’s Brands i am worried about leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.