• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman had a good squad.

Allaryce inherited that good squad and added a further 50m worth of players.

Silva inherited that very good squad and added a further 100m worth of players.

Any competent manager should be able to challenge the top 4 with this squad
, the top 6 at a very, very minimum.

25m - 30m players all over the place and we're in the bottom half.

Shameful.
Of what, league one?

Make no mistake Silva inherited a terrible squad. There's not one player he inherited that you would be gutted to lose.
Terrible squad that got 8th place. He and Brandts added 100 million of talent and now we play against relegation. Thats some achievement! Surely Everton has the record in the world between spend money and results on the pitch. And NOBODY is responsible!

We have been crying out for a striker since Lukaku left. I would think by now the powers that be should have taken that into account. This is most of the reason we are bottom half fodder.

No I don’t ... but surely the players need to take some accountability for that too. You don’t forget how to defend a cross merely the manager sets up the defence a certain way. That milwall winner Saturday was shocking..not one of our players responded to the second ball .... that’s not down to the manager... that’s lazy bad defending
He sets them up that way. His failed zonal marking system has cost us dearly this season, as it did for him at Watford. Surely that is more than a coincidence?

We have been crying out for a striker since Lukaku left. I would think by now the powers that be should have taken that into account. This is most of the reason we are bottom half fodder.
And the other half of the problem is that we lack a centre back or goalkeeper who has vision and can organise the defence on field,especially at set pieces.
Oh and to add why so many free kicks against us,don't they know the rules?

....regardless of who was inherited, regardless of quality, there is no excuse for not having your group of players organised and ready.

In fairness mate I think they were organised but the issue is desire. I saw Carragher make this point, that there's not anywhere near enough aggression from Everton's defenders on set pieces.

The question for me is how do you get that across to the players and why is it not currently happening? It doesn't bode well for Silva whichever answer you arrive at and in truth hints at him not having much respect behind the scenes.

30m Pickford
30m Keane
25m Mina
20m Digne
Coleman / Gomes / Zouma / Gueye / Lookman / Bernard
20m Walcott
27m Tosun
40m Sigurdsson
40m Richarlison​
Mate seriously, stand back and look at those names on the screen yeah? How many of them would actually get into any of the top 6 let alone the top 4, even Digne who has played well would not get into all of them and is probably the only one who might, the others are all very average. Mina is a CB who is noted for his goalscoring, i mean wtf! we need a CB who can defend not score. Walcott is luxury player, always has been, always will be. Richarlison has skills when he is not throwing himself on the floor every 5 mins, and don't get me even started on the likes of Pickford, Keane and Tosun, they are lucky to even be playing in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.