Marco Silva: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 681 89.5%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 80 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollocks to them. They're clueless and dont care about us anyway. We have to stick to a plan and then we'll prosper. We may well get things right quicker than expected. However, if we're not at the races we need to stand firm behind the manager and allow him time to turn a corner.

There is no stomach at the club for any more churn and change, so we all better get on board with this.
This is all that matters, everything else is secondary.

* This is all based on the fact that the plan is a good one!

Whats up Browns?
b4a1da991a5c03539e371bb60a54aa40.jpg

I just hope the fella has a better start to the season than Koemans....those fixtures were brutal, especially with the injuries we had. I hope to see the same "lets get behind him" mentality that we have seen on here today if we do. Other than that....
Lets get behind him x

Just excited to watch proper football again. If I wanted to watch stars, I'd pay to go to my local observatory.

I just hope the fella has a better start to the season than Koemans....those fixtures were brutal, especially with the injuries we had. I hope to see the same "lets get behind him" mentality that we have seen on here today if we do. Other than that....
Lets get behind him x
I’m guessing you’re talking about last season, but Koeman had a great start in his first season. AFAIR it was the best start we ever had.

Bollocks to them. They're clueless and dont care about us anyway. We have to stick to a plan and then we'll prosper. We may well get things right quicker than expected. However, if we're not at the races we need to stand firm behind the manager and allow him time to turn a corner.

There is no stomach at the club for any more churn and change, so we all better get on board with this.
Absolutely the right attitude, but I still think, with the league as bad as it is, we can manage a change around and finish 8th. We had an appalling season just gone and still managed it.

Great to see a 90% thumbs up. It was only a couple of weeks ago that we had a 90% thumbs down on the previous dinosaur of a Manager. Connection between club and support in a position where it can be strengthened already before even a ball has been kicked. Silva's and Brands comments today have helped with that too i think as they said all the right things and have clearly done their homework and are aware of the problems and huge job in front of them. I am cautiously optimistic and looking forward to the summer ahead and beyond. Want to see how this pans out. Man it feels good to be excited again. :cool:

Lets get behind him x
Best performance of the season in those early fixtures was the game at City,real character and commitment but it took an awful lot out of the team that day.I think they realised the standard that was required and s---t themselves for about 4 months but on the night they gave everything and still got slagged off for not winning.Holgate was immense sorted Sane with ease,great hopes for him next season.
I

Absolutely the right attitude, but I still think, with the league as bad as it is, we can manage a change around and finish 8th. We had an appalling season just gone and still managed it.
I wouldn't be bothered about 8th or 12th, tbh. They're the same nowhere positions they always were. If we're 12th and developing a style - that's infinitely better than getting 8th this season and playing turgid football.

Will be interesting to see some of our players without a ball and chain on their feet.
A plan, instructions of where to play, tactics.
But most of all, a mentality that tells them they are capable of beating anyone.
I do think we need at least a few players with pace and power and one horrible Ramos like snide. Someone who makes Diego Costa look like an altar boy.

Big Silva fan, I’m very excited by his appointment.

This is an excellent decision. Finally.

Job of work now is patience and backing his philosphey. He needs to see out his whole contract regardless of a step back to take a step forward.

I wouldn't be bothered about 8th or 12th, tbh. They're the same nowhere positions they always were. If we're 12th and developing a style - that's infinitely better than getting 8th this season and playing turgid football.

disagree mate and feel this is where you let yourself fall for Martinez - to progress we need to be consistenly in and around the top 7/8 places and challenging to actually get to the semi's/finals of the domestic cups.

If Silva has us finishing 12th with no trophy I'll be wanting the bloke out as he will have taken us back.

Status
Not open for further replies.