• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Marco Silva Confirmed As New Everton Manager
MarcoSilva-1024x461.jpg

Everton have confirmed the appointment of Marco Silva as their new manager on a three-year deal.

The 40-year-old Portuguese has been the top priority for Everton owner Farhad Moshiri since Ronald Koeman was sacked in October, with Sam Allardyce only ever considered an interim measure.

Joining Silva at Goodison Park will be assistant manager Joao Pedro, goalkeeping coach Hugo Olivera, technical scout Antonis Lemonakis and fitness coach Pedro Conceicao

What do you reckon? Get involved in the discussion in our Everton forum and vote in the poll.

Last edited:

“I’m really proud to be the new Everton manager,” Silva told evertontv. “I’m excited and I’m really happy to take this big challenge for us as a club and for me as a manager.

“I want to express my thanks to Farhad, to the Chairman, to the Board of Directors and to Marcel as well for the confidence in my work. I know the huge history of Everton as a club and what the fans expect. I’m sure with everybody working together I will be ready for this challenge.

“We have a lot of work to do in this next month and it is important to prepare everything in the right way. But there will be even more important work to do from the start of pre-season into the first Premier League match of next season.

“I know what our fans expect - they expect results but not only results. I want our fans to be proud when they see our team on the pitch. I want them to feel that we are committed, that we are working hard and enjoying our football because that is important as well.

“We want to build a great connection between the squad and the fans, and I’m sure that with our attitude and demands of commitment then our style of play will see that, I believe.

“Everton is a really ambitious club and that is what I want. What we are seeing now are good changes at the Club. The Club is changing its approach. But one thing we cannot change and nobody wants to change is the huge history and ambition of the Club.

“Everybody knows Everton’s history. When you are a club like Everton, you only have one solution - to aim to win. In football it is impossible to win every match but we must do everything to show in every game that we have ambition. That is what I want and I’m sure we will show that every single week.”

Silva will work closely with new Director of Football Brands who insists that their shared vision will be vital in building a strong future.

“Marco is a young coach but also an experienced coach and he’s worked already at the top, while also gaining experience of the Premier League which is also an important factor,” Brands added.

“One of the most important things is that he’s a guy who wants to play attractive, attacking football and also wants to work in the structure we have at Everton. He’s a guy who has proved already that he wants to work with young players, make them better and he has performed very well with the teams he’s worked with. He will be a very good manager for Everton.

“His vision in football, the way he is thinking about football is what we want. He wants to structure a team and he has proved already with a few clubs with good results, so I believe strongly in him.

“He’s an open guy who wants to work together with good staff and in an environment at Finch Farm which is conducive to building something strong.”

Major shareholder Farhad Moshiri said: “I am really pleased to extend a warm Everton welcome to our new manager, Marco Silva. As Marcel has pointed out, Marco is a young, dynamic, energetic and very modern manager whose dedication to his job and demanding approach will help us, I believe, to move forward in a confident, purposeful way to where we want to be as a Club. His abilities are underpinned by a strong footballing philosophy, a fierce work ethic and his enthusiasm in embracing Everton, our values and our ambitions has hugely impressed me, as I hope it will each and every Evertonian.”

Chairman Bill Kenwright said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Marco Silva as our new manager. As the posters outside Goodison have proclaimed for many years, DNA is important to Everton and Evertonians. It’s what they instinctively search out… In Marco and Marcel we welcome a pair of sportsmen whose statements of intent have already shown that they embrace that special quality that Evertonians look for… and with Farhad’s vigorous patronage we are looking forward to the three M’s, Marco Marcel and Moshiri, help take the Blues back to their rightful position among football’s elite.”

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/05/31/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.