Homepage Article Marco Silva ‘We go to Anfield to win’

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Let’s go with big motivation and with big courage to embrace the challenge"

A message lost on the faint-hearts here.
Not questioning the reasoning or sentiment behind his remarks...........doing it is another matter altogether. The whole team, whoever he picks, have got to be up for this one.....the fans there will certainly be. Getting the right mental attitude is so important.....if thats present, then we have a chance...why the hell not?

Yet they keep winning even though they're not playing at their best.

No doubt they'll be all firing just for us though. :(

They are, sure. In my opinion if we go against them in damage limitation mode, we will deffo get done. But if we turn up, give them a game, give their full backs sommet to do other than bomb upfield, never give up, they might get a shock.

"Let’s go with big motivation and with big courage to embrace the challenge"
this-cannot-be-real.gif

Said it yesterday. They are no where near as good as their league position, and we are no where near as bad as ours.

If thats the message he has been drumming into the team, why not? Beats a knife to a gunfight in my book.

I'm not sure if the players believe it, and that's the problem. For twenty years we've been beaten mentally before the players have even stepped on to the pitch at Anfield. Far worse Everton teams in the 90's have beaten better Liverpool teams. We need a bloody good sports psychologist as much as we need a bloody good coach.

Comments like these just make the thought of thursday morning in work all the less appealing.

Do your talking behind closed doors and on the pitch. We've not shown courage at Anfield in a decade so no need for the waffling to the media.

He will be on a beach in Barbados by Saturday, we will all be stuck here with the RS scumbags.

No, we'll play well & take the game right to them. Doubt we'll win but these players only perform when they're 'auditioning' for the "big" teams... We'll do well in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.