Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche got Burnley promoted. Twice
also got them relegated twice.
If we are going on the assumption that we are down, much better coming back up with Bielsa
If we're going on the assumption that we can survive
Dyche was at 4 wins in 30 at one point last season. He cant get teams to score. To get the amount of wins needed is a monumental ask
Bielsa, who knows, it's a complete wild card. I actually think you'd see a huge improvement in a lot of our players, enough to balance out the hyper attacking style? who knows.

I'll take the unknown over the almost certain relegation while playing defensive football. I couldn't watch everton under Allardyce even tho we finished 8th

Let’s take a look at the club managers who are out of job.

Pochettino - won’t come
Tuchel - won’t come
Zidane - won’t come
de Boer - crap
Tedesco - could be
Seoane - not very experienced
Hasenhüttl - crap
Bosz - umm
Villas-Boas - maybe; has PL exp too
Favre - bad spell at Nice

That Bielsas teams can’t defend is just not true. Just look at the stats from his time at Leeds.

In his first season they had the third best defensive record in the league. In his second season they had the best defence in the league. In the first year in the PL they conceded like the sixth most or so but they also kept 12 clean sheets and only six teams had a better record then that. We don’t have to talk about his last year though ?
Sorry. Only three (not six) teams kept more clean sheets then Leeds during his first season in the Premier League.

obviously, I am not saying its the only reason he is going to hire him, but im just saying it will be a factor

why wouldnt bringing in a man of experience be seen as a good/beneficial thing?

taking experience into account is a perfectly normal part of any thought process when you bring someone in for any job wtf are you talking about?
I don't disagree with you. I want someone who has an actual coaching background. But there is also something to be said for people like Dyche and Bielsa who have made it crystal clear how they operate and that it rarely works.

Status
Not open for further replies.