2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the good signings from last window are Ancelotti’s but the bad ones (after a handful of games) are Brands? Convenient arrangement
Nobody is saying that Brands does'nt oversee everything and sign the deals off but both James and Allan said that a) they had spoken to Carlo b) both had made it clear (especially Allan) that they wanted to play for their former boss again.

He’s allowed a pathway for them. We didn’t splash out on a striker, now we have an asset worth tens of millions of pounds leading the line and is one of the prem’s top scorers.
We splashed out on a striker last season and look where that got us.

French defender Jean-Clair Todibo, 20, is set to return toBarcelona after failing to play a single minute during his loan stint at Benfica. (Abola - in Portuguese)

Another bullet dodged by the sound of it.

If the rumours of Brands wanting Todibo are true then you really have to question his judgement of players, particularly centre halves.

You can't hold up Sandro Ramirez as a positive. He was in the last year of his contract and there is zero doubt in my mind that we paid up most of it and let him go on a free. Besides Klaassen he has either loaned or simply gave away the deadwood on loans or frees. He hasn't saved us much money and what he's had to spend hasn't been spent wisely.

He's not done a good job, at the very best, he's done OK simply because he's not Steve Walsh.

His first window brought in Richarlison and Digne who are good and then Mina, Bernard, and Gomes who are not up to the standard. His second summer window was a horror show. His latest window was saved by Ancelotti making personal calls to James and Allan. He spent a good chunk of his budget on Godfrey and has left us short in many areas of the pitch (right back, striker, wingers).

Three years on the job and the squad is still paper thin for quality. I wouldn't rush into giving him a new contract at all and I'd love to be a fly on the wall for his performance review as he discusses all of what we've accomplished in these past 3 years.

Stopped reading when you didn't realise I made the Sandro comment in jest.

Yes, the signings that previously played for Ancelotti are his signings. That should be fairly clear.

Just like Richarlison was clearly brought in by Silva.

If you take the signings who played under previous managers out of the equation then Brands' performance is fairly disastrous with only Digne as a feather in his cap.

If you take away any signing that's played well he's had a terrible time here.

Get the architect tied down as a reward for his sterling work. Digne Richarlison James Rodriguez and Allan all play for Everton, young talent like Holgate and DCL are flourishing in the first team, we’re managed by one of the best managers of all time. All under the golden reign of the architect. 4 more years please. Grazie Marcel.
How on earth can MB take the credit fot Richarlison ( Silva ) , James & Allan ( Carlo ) or Holgate and DCL ( Moyes ).

He does however carry the can for Mina , Delph and Iwobi.

If you take away any signing that's played well he's had a terrible time here.
I don't think it is a coincidence that the players who Brands has brought in that have done well had all previously been standout players under the current manager at other clubs and the ones that haven't are not living up to what we've paid.

James and Allan have continued that pattern.

How on earth can MB take the credit fot Richarlison ( Silva ) , James & Allan ( Carlo ) or Holgate and DCL ( Moyes ).

He does however carry the can for Mina , Delph and Iwobi.

You do realise beyond a manager saying "come play for me" there's still a lot to do to actually get said player here?

Just a manager wanting someone doesn't make players take pay cuts (Rodriguez) or clubs accept low fees (Allan).

I don't think it is a coincidence that the players who Brands has brought in that have done well had all previously been standout players under the current manager at other clubs and the ones that haven't are not living up to what we've paid.

James and Allan have continued that pattern.

So to be a good DoF to you he should stop signing established world players? Just sign players with poor/fresh careers so far and then have them play great for Everton.

So to be a good DoF to you he should stop signing established world players? Just sign players with poor/fresh careers so far and then have them play great for Everton.
Not at all what I was trying to say. I don't care where the player comes from as long as they play well and improve us when they get here.

I'm making the observation that of all the players he's signed for us there's about four that most of us seem to agree are good enough and, of those four, three of them are players who had been successful under the manager they were signed for already. The other players he's signed that haven't kicked a ball under the current manager haven't really worked out beyond Digne.

Status
Not open for further replies.