2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez came in on his watch. Can see them both out sooner than later if results don't go our way. Don't think there'll be many tears either.

When he joined, I expected is to be the destination for top young talent with the allure of playing alot of games in the Prem

The only good signing he has made is Nkounkou and I expected more of this I'll

Instead we are buying Premier League cloggers

I just don't understand

My big concerns with Brands are that 3 years ago, when he came in. It was obvious to everyone we were painfully short of pace in midfield and desperate for a right back to take over from an aging and increasingly injured Seamus Colman. Today we are still crying out for pace in midfield and Seamus is still first choice right back.

As for his signings, some have been better than others, that is par for the course with any club, but, for the life of me, I just cannot forgive the 25 million plus he paid for Iwobi.

And what separates those guys from your Bernard's, Delph's, Sigurdsson's etc?
They were young at least that’s why they had sell-on values which is essential because that count towards ffp while signing the three you mentioned above are not values for money. It’s not rocket science buddy.

Brands has been massively underwhelming.

season starts in 3 weeks and we’ve still got an oap at right back, poor first right side, a terrible midfield and one decent striker.
Right-back it’s known to be the problem for ages. Are we going to go with what we have got?

They were young at least that’s why they had sell-on values which is essential because that count towards ffp while signing the three you mentioned above are not values for money. It’s not rocket science buddy.

I think you're confusing your own original point here.

You're whinging we can't sell the deadwood whilst also agreeing with me that no other club would want them and that they have no re-sale value to begin with because of age, performances etc. unlike Vlasic et al.

So maybe it is rocket science if you're still whinging we're struggling to shift said deadwood.

I think you're confusing your own original point here.

You're whinging we can't sell the deadwood whilst also agreeing with me that no other club would want them and that they have no re-sale value to begin with because of age, performances etc. unlike Vlasic et al.

So maybe it is rocket science if you're still whinging we're struggling to shift said deadwood.
No I did not agree with you so you may stop drawing up something I did not directly give an answer to and pretend to be cunning as I am telling you that you are not. I did not say no other club would want them. I say younger players stand to have a chance of getting sold which older players, like those you have mentioned in Delph and Bernard, who were actually his signings, are not. And he should be made accountable for that.

Further, I am talking about the current coup of deadwoods not a few others who were signed by the previous dof and were sold like 2 years ago. Kenny, Delph, Walcott (gone for free), Tosun, Iwobi, Bernard (gone for €1m) and Gomes etc so do I make myself clear enough? I think you are the one who is whinging because I am pointing out that he is part of the problem which is the inability to sell (I mean actually money not £1m or £2m yes you can read that again) unwanted players or deadwoods whatever you want to call them RECENTLY, and that certainly will have a significant impact on ffp. You may stop trying to set up traps in the question that does not make you more clever. I won’t fall for any of it after finishing this conversation with you.

No I did not agree with you so you may stop drawing up something I did not directly give an answer to and pretend to be cunning as I am telling you that you are not. I did not say no other club would want them. I say younger players stand to have a chance of getting sold which older players, like those you have mentioned in Delph and Bernard, who were actually his signings, are not. And he should be made accountable for that.

Further, I am talking about the current coup of deadwoods not a few others who were signed by the previous dof and were sold like 2 years ago. Kenny, Delph, Walcott (gone for free), Tosun, Iwobi, Bernard (gone for €1m) and Gomes etc so do I make myself clear enough? I think you are the one who is whinging because I am pointing out that he is part of the problem which is the inability to sell (I mean actually money not £1m or £2m yes you can read that again) unwanted players or deadwoods whatever you want to call them RECENTLY, and that certainly will have a significant impact on ffp. You may stop trying to set up traps in the question that does not make you more clever. I won’t fall for any of it after finishing this conversation with you.

Erm...

If you were DoF of another club would you buy our deadwood? Would you look at your squad and think ‘yeh could do with some of Everton’s crap players here’.

That’s why I do not see any problem of getting freebies and low fee players as squad players. At least not spending £25m on Bolasie or Walcott etc.

Maybe there are better chance to get rid of the like in Bernard and Kenny earlier. Even Tosun, but looks like most of these lot will run down the contracts and leave for nothing.

The excuses of this all being down to Walsh, Koeman and Allardyce are long gone.

Now we're seeing that he's signed his own batch of crap players that he can't move on for a decent profit in Iwobi, Gomes, Delph and Bernard.

It's obvious now that he isn't what we thought. Nobody thought the plan was going to be continually signing players from the Premier league nobody wants like Delph, Iwobi, Gray, and Townsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.