2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's trying his best to out-do Steve Walsh is this fella.

So far on strikers alone this season we've cleared over 250k a week in wages, with one of the players gone for good.

Are you telling me there isn't a striker available on loan who can add competition to our squad?

Brands is a disgrace - season over if he doesn't pull something out of the bag today.

he’s not wasting money like Steve Walsh

My expression was in relation to getting shut of and getting in players with folk like you saying get some one in , get shut of the deadwood.

It is nothing to do with creativity finding a player, we do not just want any one it has to be the right one, cheap purchase like whom? We had enough crap purchases who we are now managing to get shut of.

As for relying on the two you mention why cannot Carlo give some young players chances?
You bolded the part about me speculating whether Moshiri might not be willing to bankroll any Brands signing this window if he's planning on cutting him loose at the end of the season. My post had nothing to with Brands being unable to shift the deadwood. As I mentioned in my response to you, the deck has largely been cleared to facilitate recruiting an attacker at the very least on a loan deal due to wages saved.

As for your point about Carlo not giving young players chances, I agree that he should probably have found more minutes for Gordon and Nkounkou at certain points this season but I'm struggling to think of anyone else who you could accuse him of overlooking? Simms maybe, who I cannot say I have ever seen play. We didn't have a single striker on the bench against Newcastle and one extra bench space that we chose not to fill. I'm guessing he just doesn't rate any of them.

Although we need some incoming, the number of outgoing surplus players is wonderful.

Night of the long knives.

Probably the most ruthless January window we’ve ever had. It was also so necessary.

None of them were adding anything to our club. I understand that the bench is bare, but in reality, they weren’t options and were literally expensive bench fillers. We are no worse off than we were at the start of the season. In fact, we now have headroom to add what we need. Either now or in summer.

You bolded the part about me speculating whether Moshiri might not be willing to bankroll any Brands signing this window if he's planning on cutting him loose at the end of the season. My post had nothing to with Brands being unable to shift the deadwood. As I mentioned in my response to you, the deck has largely been cleared to facilitate recruiting an attacker at the very least on a loan deal due to wages saved.

As for your point about Carlo not giving young players chances, I agree that he should probably have found more minutes for Gordon and Nkounkou at certain points this season but I'm struggling to think of anyone else who you could accuse him of overlooking? Simms maybe, who I cannot say I have ever seen play. We didn't have a single striker on the bench against Newcastle and one extra bench space that we chose not to fill. I'm guessing he just doesn't rate any of them.

About your 2nd para afraid I am not at all in the know about the u23 squad to be able to v=comment.

As for the other I did not say anything about Moshi bankrolling or not any Barnds signings just stated both his ant club pockets are not bottomless, do not follow this as a link to Brands. You say about recruiting an attacker in some way but as I have said we do not want just anyone stuck on books who turns out to be U/S like Tosun.

Tell you what lets leave it there and see how it goes.

Lookman, Gueye, DCL.

Most of thre expensive tat was signed by Koemageddon.
Pickford - crap
Klaasen - crap
Ramirez- crap
keane - good
Vlasic - crap
Martina - crap
Bolasie - crap
Gueye - good
Schneiderlin - crap
Lookman - crap
Williams - crap
Stekelenburg - crap
Markelo - crap
Gibson - don't know yet
Mathis - crap
Bowler - crap
Adeniran - crap
Calvert lewin - good
Sigurdsson - crap
Onyekuru - crap
Tosun - crap
Walcott - crap
Rooney - crap

That's a shocking list, especially when you factor in the cost. The fact that most are gone tells you all you need to know.

Who picked Digne, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Olsen, just to name a few? Did Carlo get rid of the deadwood that folk on here have been shouting to get shut of?
Yes he gets Digne and Godfrey.

Branthwaite could be a player or maybe not too early to tell. Olsen has played about 3 games for us so excuse me if I don't fall over myself praising him for loaning a 3rd choice keeper.

Yes he gets Digne and Godfrey.

Branthwaite could be a player or maybe not too early to tell. Olsen has played about 3 games for us so excuse me if I don't fall over myself praising him for loaning a 3rd choice keeper.

Oh Lossi 2nd choice???? so why has he not played?

Tell you what, you and all the others join in and sing our Everton song.

"Keep the blue flag flying"

Status
Not open for further replies.