2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what you think of Silva, those players for the prices paid for them and the wages they get are a disastrous use of resources.

Ultimatley I blame that 'kin weapon carpetbagger for his hiring.

The players were all signed for good prices in this market, you wont convince me otherwise.

You will see once Silva goes.

I know its not true.

We do not have bad players, just a VERY bad manager.

Goat mate.

Silva is responsible for the dreadful tactics, 100% agree.

The players also aren't showing enough on the pitch.

But Brands has to take his share of the blame for failing to address key areas this summer.

We've lumped our goalscoring expectation on a lad who is simply not ready for that pressure. I am sure Kean will prove a great buy, but to lump it all on a 19-year-old was too much.

We panicked at the end of the window. Even if we wanted Iwobi as a long-term target, we panicked by throwing bids in for Doucoure and then Rojo/Smalling when we couldn't get Zouma.

He was happy to let our best player go. And while I appreciate we got two replacements in, neither could be fit to lace Gana's boots even if at full fitness.

He's done good things, has Brands. But I said in the summer it was the things he didn't do that would leave a black mark against him. That's proving to be the case.

I don't want him out or anything. I'm behind him. But he isn't beyond doubt, question or fault. He has made mistakes.

£200M on those player he signed does not represent anything like value for money. Digne is the only one you;d say without hesitation is a class signing.

I'd sack Brands for this level of performance.

No CB brought in; decimates a decent hard working CM unit; buys a 19 year old for £30M with 11 goals to his name...

FFS, if Walsh had done that there'd have been a riot.

He is appalling. An utter fake.
I get being pessimistic after that but this is just typical of you with the over the top. Judging the players bought this summer is pointless after 2 months.

The players are better than this. We could have put Lewandowski up top and Hazard and Salah on the wings and we wouldn't have scored if they followed the tactical plan that we tried to use today.

Goat mate.

But Brands has to take his share of the blame for failing to address key areas this summer.

We've lumped our goalscoring expectation on a lad who is simply not ready for that pressure. I am sure Kean will prove a great buy, but to lump it all on a 19-year-old was too much.

We panicked at the end of the window. Even if we wanted Iwobi as a long-term target, we panicked by throwing bids in for Doucoure and then Rojo/Smalling when we couldn't get Zouma.

He was happy to let our best player go. And while I appreciate we got two replacements in, neither could be fit to lace Gana's boots even if at full fitness.

He's done good things, has Brands. But I said in the summer it was the things he didn't do that would leave a black mark against him. That's proving to be the case.

I don't want him out or anything. I'm behind him. But he isn't beyond doubt, question or fault. He has made mistakes.
Bullseye.

Goat mate.

I disagree.

I refuse to judge these players under this manager.

Goat mate.

Other than CB what else did we need to sign? Just because you don't like Iwobi doesn't mean the area wasn't addressed. You just disagree with how it was addressed. Following short in one area shouldn't be met with a blanket he didn't address key areas this summer.

Other than CB what else did we need to sign? Just because you don't like Iwobi doesn't mean the area wasn't addressed. You just disagree with how it was addressed. Following short in one area shouldn't be met with a blanket he didn't address key areas this summer.

Just let them vent mate, they have big massive Brands agendas to push.

It all boils down to their expectation that we would fix the whole squad in 12months.

Imagine trying to convince anybody that the players we have arent good enough to beat Sheff Utd at home.

I'd like to hear from this feller, btw.

I know he sneakily gave his exclusive interview to a few thousand Evertonians at the end of the window and then shuffled off quick smart to avoid responsibility for the calamity, but he should - if he had any sense of propriety at all - get himself in front of an interviewr and tell us WTF the plan is here at this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.