2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

He takes as much blame as Silva does. He had about 2 months yo get players in and only got half of what was needed

Can negotiate all you want but when your desperately lack players in certain departments I'd rather we just spend to get someone in

The signings of this fraud:

Digne - excellent
Richarlison - good (but a Silva signing)
Bernard - bang average at best
Mina - utter tat
Gomes - just better than PL average
Delph - decent on his day but inconsistent and injury prone
Gbamin - no idea because he's a crock
Kean - looks hyped up beyond belief and at present an embarrassment
Iwobi - bang average at best

2 out of 9 (1 out of 9 if you take Richarlison out). £200M spent on them.

Appalling level of buying.

Buying players for the pony Dutch league is one thing, buying players for the PL is another.

Last edited:
The strategy of waiting till deadline day/late in the window... how many top teams employ such a thing? Bar Spurs I can’t think of any others. The overwhelming evidence in teams achieving success is getting the business done early, often before pre season matches have even begun.

Whoever is manager next year needs 99% of their squad ready for the start of a pre season tour and no later. If an opportunity pops up late on in the window then great, go for it. But it would be nice if we identified our targets months in advance and got them in as early as possible. If only there was a role that was responsible for this at a football club...

Digne - excellent
Mina - utter tat
Iwobi - ban average at best

Buying players for the pony Dutch league is one thing, buying players for the PL is another.
lol lol lol

Remember the time when loads on here kept saying " Brands, take what he wants!! "

We reap what we sow, act like bells so we deserve this tripe.
Which of the Brands signings are poor though?
Gomes: Hurt
Mina: Fine
Digne: Great
Richarlison: Great
Bernard: Meh but he was free
Zouma: Gone

Iwobi, Gbamin, Kean and Sidibe have all not played enough to say. Delph looks decent at least. For me the most problematic parts of the performance today were Gylfi, Bernard, Pickford, Coleman, Kean and most of all Silva. Only 2 of those 6 were brought here by Brands.

Digne - excellent
Mina - utter tat
Iwobi - bang average at best

Oh god he's going to do the same thing he did with Walsh and Koeman where he tries to decide who is responsible for each signing based on no evidence.

I'm not sure how you can pass judgment on any of the players signed this summer when they've barely played. So taking them out you have Richarlison, Digne and Mina who are all good players, Bernard who is maybe average and Gomes who is fine. That's not too bad so far.

The problem is you could pop Lewandowski up top and we weren't scoring with the way the team was set out today. I'm not going overboard on the players until we see something useful from the manager.

Which of the Brands signings are poor though?
Gomes: Hurt
Mina: Fine
Digne: Great
Richarlison: Great
Bernard: Meh but he was free
Zouma: Gone

Iwobi, Gbamin, Kean and Sidibe have all not played enough to say. Delph looks decent at least. For me the most problematic parts of the performance today were Gylfi, Bernard, Pickford, Coleman, Kean and most of all Silva. Only 2 of those 6 were brought here by Brands.
£200M on those player he signed does not represent anything like value for money. Digne is the only one you;d say without hesitation is a class signing.

I'd sack Brands for this level of performance.

No CB brought in; decimates a decent hard working CM unit; buys a 19 year old for £30M with 11 goals to his name...

FFS, if Walsh had done that there'd have been a riot.

He is appalling. An utter fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.