2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's simply a point being made about sell on value. Brands has stated this is uppermost in the template he uses.

How much did we buy Baines for Dave?

Lossl we could sell for 50p and make a profit, Delph we could sell tomorrow for more than 8m, Gomes is hardly ancient at 25. lol lol lol lol

Get out of here.

Lossl 30
Baines 34
Gomez 25
Delph 29

...average age of the squad being raised when we should be headed in the opposite direction.

I expect the next few in to be younger players otherwise the Brands pronouncements from the spring look meaningless.

30 for a goalkeeper is about 25 for any other position.

Baines was an obvious low cost player to retain.

Gomes? A player of his experience and quality for £22m. Not bad for a guaranteed good addition.

Delph at £8.5m is pennies especially when we sell Schneiderlin.

We have a very young team and could do much worse than have Delph around.

With Jags and Stek on their way out, we’ve actually lowered our average age. Great job Marcel.

It’s a conspiracy theory!
giphy.gif

Lossl 30
Baines 34
Gomez 25
Delph 29

...average age of the squad being raised when we should be headed in the opposite direction.

I expect the next few in to be younger players otherwise the Brands pronouncements from the spring look meaningless.
Did you know that by default the average age of the squad raises every year? Turns out, each one of our players has a birthday!

Credit to Brands here for the Delph transfer, unheard of last week and pulled straight out of the hat, hope there's more to come on this scale.

I think that's the way Brands works mate. Plays his cards close to his chest.
Frustrating for us ,but professional and best for the club.
I guess that we will start to hear about our new striker about the same time as the deal is being concluded , that's when the rumours will intensify.
I think that we are in good hands.

It's simply a point being made about sell on value. Brands has stated this is uppermost in the template he uses.
Well Lossi was free so sell on value is not an issue
Delph was 10 m and good value for the 3 or 4 yrs we get out of him, a promoted club would pay that or more next season for him
Gomes is in his prime and 1 good season for us could see his value double.
Baines is a club legend ,was free ,a known quantity and is back up.
Even Ferguson's class of 92 had older more experienced lads down the spine of the team
But you knew all this Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.