2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not the only one. He did a very good job at Southampton for 2 years in a row. He had some pedigree. That wasn't a crazy idea that he might come in and do a decent job. In his defense, he had a lot of things in his way.

he was an average boring appointment that was never going to get us anywhere near where we wanted to be going. I could never have predicted the utter carnage he caused though. Thought hed be gone after 2 or 3yrs of boring me to death.

oh to turn back the time and bring in Silva/Brands at that moment. Silva might not be still here if so but id wager we would be in much better health right now.

more on topic. sign somebody who does skills Marcel. we want entertainment

He'll be cooking something up I'm sure

I may not share the hero worship for him that some on here do, but I do believe that Brands is competent at his job and will be working on things behind the scenes. Delph isn't exactly a thrilling move to be making, but he's hardly awful either and he won't be the marquee signing this summer, so it's not the end of the world

If Malcolm and Zouma are indeed incoming, along with Kean and a Gana replacement, then that's not a bad list of acquisitions at all when you add them to Lossl, Gomes and Delph

Hopefully he can shift some more deadwood as well

I dont hold him account for the wages they're on. I simply point to examples where we've had bang average players on high wages and long contracts before and sold them, and I say that if it;s been done before, we need to expect him to do it too.

If he's being judged by some with a far more lenient measuring rod than others in the past, then that's their business. I wont be doing it.
those players we sold who were on high wages were good players and deserved their wages,this lot dont

Yep. It's always a model open to conflict.

If it makes sense from one angle it makes less sense from others.

Another reason it's a poor fit for Everton is that there's an owner who quite clearly likes to back seat drive; that has implications for both DoF and CEO positions.

Bottom line: Moshiri thought he was being industry savvy by bringing in a supremo when the evidence that it helps a club of this size out is negligible.
sevilla won a few europa Leagues with this model

Status
Not open for further replies.