2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davey, I agree with you about people doing the usual Everton fan thing and getting over excited by somebody before they really prove themselves. It's topped only by the race to write people off too early.

I agree with you about not trusting Everton FC as far as you could throw them and doubting everything related to the consistently disappointing shower of barstewards.

I agree that I'd have expected a bit more of the crap we have to be sold permanently by now when we are a bit of the way into his 3rd window since he arrived.

However you are doing your usual thing of beating to death the original reasonable point and talking through your armpit when you can't be fair-minded and see that one Mina would not be sold for a pittance like 15m in this market and two that it's not at all on Brands the fact we are stuck with Sandro until the end of his contract and loans are the best we can do.

Other than that carry on driving up the pages on Marcel's thread.

If we're relying on Brands to generate the cash for incomings you better scale back your ambitions for this window. He shows barely any aptitude for it.

Let's let Usmanov generate the cash for incomings and let Brands find the footballers. C'mon dave, you're better than this. Start thinking like a big club.

I hear we're getting a new stadium!!

Ironic?
Serious?
I finally get my cheese on toast banner flyover

Davey, I agree with you about people doing the usual Everton fan thing and getting over excited by somebody before they really prove themselves. It's topped only by the race to write people off too early.

I agree with you about not trusting Everton FC as far as you could throw them and doubting everything related to the consistently disappointing shower of barstewards.

I agree that I'd have expected a bit more of the crap we have to be sold permanently by now when we are a bit of the way into his 3rd window since he arrived.

However you are doing your usual thing of beating to death the original reasonable point and talking through your armpit when you can't be fair-minded and see that one Mina would not be sold for a pittance like 15m in this market and two that it's not at all on Brands the fact we are stuck with Sandro until the end of his contract and loans are the best we can do.

Other than that carry on driving up the pages on Marcel's thread.

Tbf, I've hardly shown any impatince with Brands this summer. But we are now approaching two months completed of this transfer window with one to go, and we are MILES off being where we need to be.

If we had the knowledge that thre's going to be cash to spend this summer regardless of player sales, I;d be more relaxed about it. But we wont have that to fall back on. I'm already getting the uneasy feeling that the striker situation has drifted and that we'll end up with some bollocks statment come August 8th about Ricahrlison being our out and out attacker and that he's ready to hand us 25 goals per season.

We're drifting down river to a steep waterfall.

Tbf, I've hardly shown any impatince with Brands this summer. But we are now approaching two months completed of this transfer window with one to go, and we are MILES off being where we need to be.

If we had the knowledge that thre's going to be cash to spend this summer regardless of player sales, I;d be more relaxed about it. But we wont have that to fall back on. I'm already getting the uneasy feeling that the striker situation has drifted and that we;ll end up with some bollocks statment come August 8th about Ricahrlkison being ourt out and out attacker and that he's ready to hand us 25 goals per season.

We're drifting down river to a steep waterfall.

I can understand that and don't discount the possibility of a much crapper window than most are expecting or assuming. People seem to forget that Everton are utterly untrustworthy and regularly let us down.

Was the same when people lost their minds when Koeman starting splashing the cash. I couldn't get excited until we saw how the team would actually shape up. We ended up with one of the worst and most embarrassing seasons in our history.

However pls just give the Mina and Sandro points a rest because it's nonsense ya big one-man thread destroyer.

Up the toffees. Sell 10 players this week please Marcel.

What's Brands doing in Kenya? Shouldn't he be somewhere like Barcelona with a briefcase full of dough like the great Walsh fella!

So what would he fech now? £27M last summer. Poor first season. What would his fee be this summer?

He never had a poor season, he had an injury plagued season which prevented him putting together any sort of consistent run in the team.

However, he was actually good when he played and despite not getting the bedding in period SA players new to this league usually require, as seen with Bernard, the clean sheet stats back up the impact he made.

He's also been excellent for Columbia which has probably enhanced his reputation even more.

With you being prepared to accept £15 million for Mina right now it just reiterates how poor you would be at that role and makes any opinion on what Brands should be doing with regards to sales completely null and void.

It would be absolutely appalling business that and business I am sure he could do tomorrow, he just wouldn't be so stupid to do so.

Last edited:
He never had a poor season, he had an injury plagued season which prevented him putting together ay sort of consistent run in the team.

However, he was actually good when he played and despite not getting the bedding in periods SA players new to this league usually require, as we seen with Bernard, the clean sheet stats back up the impact he made.

He's also been excellent for Columbia which has probably enhanced his reputation even more.

With you being prepared to accept £15 million for Mina right now it just reiterates how poor you would be at that role and makes any opinion on what Brands should be doing with regards to sales completely null and void.

It would be absolutely appalling business that I am sure he could do tomorrow, he just wouldn't be so stupid to do so.
Still no answer to the question posed: "How much does he fetch this summer if up for sale?".

Status
Not open for further replies.