2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is caricature. I do acknowledge his good work. Is it enough to hand him a free pass on other things he's done with less professionalism (like loan out a load of players and reduce their value further and store up the problem of getting shut of them to another day)? No.

I wont partake in this cult of a man who's just about ok so far at doing his job.

The managers who purchased the players - and the players themselves bare the responsibility of reduced value and soaking wages from the club. I could agree if he’d invested in them. Sadly, he didn’t and he’s trying his best to maintain their value by loaning them out as no sane person would purchase them. He’s to argue with that.

What would you have done? Or expected when the players are happy on wedge?

The managers who purchased the players - and the players themselves bare the responsibility of reduced value and soaking wages from the club. I could agree if he’d invested in them. Sadly, he didn’t and he’s trying his best to maintain their value by loaning them out as no sane person would purchase them. He’s to argue with that.

What would you have done? Or expected when the players are happy on wedge?
Minimum he could have done better on: Lookman to Leipzig for £20M+ - the deal was there, why didn't he take it?

£22M they bid.

Lookman was kept and he was never the same player for us as he was on loan for them.

That's a massive error by your jug headed hero.

Im not gonna argue about a figure neither can prove, the simple fact is that our manager has said countless times hes a player he wants to keep.

So you have gone from why cant he sell the unsaleable players, to why didnt he sell the players that werent even for sale.

PARODY

Im not gonna argue about a figure neither can prove, the simple fact is that our manager has said countless times hes a player he wants to keep.

So you have gone from why cant he sell the unsaleable players, to why didnt he sell the players that werent even for sale.

PARODY

He doesn't know how to sell any one under any circumstance it seems to me.

Brands said a while back before he officially joined Everton but it was all agreed that Lookman was a player he had on a list that he liked & would want to work with regardless of if Brands was at Everton or not.
Basically, he ain't being sold anytime soon unless the offer is substantial & the notion that Brands has "failed" in selling Lookman is laughable when neither Brands nor Silva want to sell.

I'd like to see a season summary out of him a couple weeks after the last game of the season, even if it's just a write-up on the OS...see what his views are and where he'd like to us to move forward. It'd be something refreshing.

PARODY
His Parody account is great. On one hand he talks incessantly about how we shouldnt even have a DoF because Silva should have more control over the players, and on the other he bemoans we didnt sell a player out from under Silva, who wanted to keep him. If you submitted this stuff straight to The Onion it would go on the front page every week...

It's simple: Silva had to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He did that by getting every last ounce out of DCL and has switched an over-used Richarlison back onto the wing he should never have been taken away from.

In short: dont put the turnaround down to Brands. It happened despite his sitting back and folding his arms back in January.

This summer I want to see Brands step up and properly support this very good manager of ours.
In short: He was right, you were wrong, big shocker. Thanks for the summary Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.