2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I will say to you, Fat Sam did absolutely nothing to prove his standing, we slept walked over the line to 8th when the opportunity was there to push on for Europe, his constant criticism of the fans both before and since he left the club shows what sort of character he is.

This club will be the biggest he ever has and ever will manage and he blew a golden opportunity to blow his entire reputation out of the water and do something different
FatSam has consistently throughout his career overachieved with the wage bill/transfers at his disposal.

He did the same during his period at Everton when he came in during a period we were in disarray.

I don't dispute he plays unexpansive football but then neither did Moyes for 90% of his reign. And at many times neither does Mourinho who will go down as one of the all time great european managers.

We are the biggest club he has managed and he deserved to given a transfer window after he had done a decent job.

There is simply no way we would have Keane/Mina/Holgate as our only 3 centre halfs if he was still here.

We would have a far more combative centre mid if he was still here and we would have a centre forward worthy of the name.

In other words we would have a better, more balanced squad and one that would be way better organised and adept at getting points than the current predicable shambles.

We are the biggest club he has managed and he deserved to given a transfer window after he had done a decent job.

There is simply no way we would have Keane/Mina/Holgate as our only 3 centre halfs if he was still here.

We would have a far more combative centre mid if he was still here and we would have a centre forward worthy of the name.

In other words we would have a better, more balanced squad and one that would be way better organised and adept at getting points than the current predicable shambles.

He did have a transfer window, we ended up with Walcott and Tosun for a combined £50m, if that was what he done in a January window, goodness knows how much expensive tosh he would have signed that summer

They would've last season under Garcia. Tide turns when they get a manager who's getting the best out of them.
No I think that’s why they sacked the manager when they were about 11th, because they have good players and knew they should be better than that. Vardy, Maddison, tielemans, ndidi And pereira are miles better than our equivalents. Miles better.

No I think that’s why they sacked the manager when they were about 11th, because they have good players and knew they should be better than that. Vardy, Maddison, tielemans, ndidi And pereira are miles better than our equivalents. Miles better.

I wish we even had "equivalents" :(

Aren't we in the same predicament?

We've also finished higher than Leicester for the past 3 seasons. For them to suddenly over take us overnight in terms of quality is under selling our squad imo

We had a very average summer, theres absolutely no two ways about it, but a squad with these players in it (even accounting for the injuries we've had) should never find itself bottom 3 after 8 games of the fixtures we've had. That's inexcusable and lies entirely at the managers door.

However, the longer Brands waits without pressing the jettison button on Silva, the more I have to question his judgement.

Aren't we in the same predicament?

We've also finished higher than Leicester for the past 3 seasons. For them to suddenly over take us overnight in terms of quality is under selling our squad imo
It’s not overnight though. They’ve had some very good players for a while, some have got better and some have been bought. Our squad isn’t awful, I never said it was, simply that it’s not top 6 material. Our recruitment this summer was lacking, I said it at the time and what I’m seeing is just proving it. The centre halves don’t work, the midfield is lacking both attacking and defensively and our main striker is still DCL. Again, I’m not defending silva, but he’s not the only one to blame by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.