2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Most pundits had us down to finish 6th/7th start of the season based on the squad.

Yet some think it's poor
Which pundits? Anyone who thought we’d be top 6 really shouldn’t be getting paid to talk about football. We finished 8th and lost 2 of our best players, who on earth thought we’d get better?

We certainly shouldn’t be 17th, and that is very much on silva, but honestly 7th would be a great result with this squad. I’d say 8th is where we ‘should’ be with this group of players.

Definitely something off about you, no one seriously wishes that clown was still in the dug out surely?
All the posters laugh, emojiis etc but no explanation as to what it is they disagree with.

Ive been wrong a million times about football, sport etc etc but people on here cannot ever accept they could be wrong even with compelling evidence. But people still bury their heads in the sand. They cant assess stats evidence rationally. They just make excuses for their own views/opinions and others failings.

I thought Koeman may get us challenging the top 6 then top 4 - proven very wrong.
I thought Martinez may do a decent job if he had help defensively - proven wrong.
I thought FatSam would do a good job - proven correct.
I was pretty convinced that FatSam is/was/will always be a better manager than Silva and that it was an absolutely ridiculous appointment - proven absolutely spot on.
I had a completely open mind about Brands even though 98% of evertonians thought he was the 2nd coming - the last transfer window must go down as our worst in living memory. Not on who we bought but because we had several massive holes at the spine of our team that needed addressing - all he did was buy a young kid who was very unlikely to make an immediate impact.
Also, since his appoinment he has not signes a single plary who could be described as a leader - which this team has been crying out for for years.

Which pundits? Anyone who thought we’d be top 6 really shouldn’t be getting paid to talk about football. We finished 8th and lost 2 of our best players, who on earth thought we’d get better?

We certainly shouldn’t be 17th, and that is very much on silva, but honestly 7th would be a great result with this squad. I’d say 8th is where we ‘should’ be with this group of players.

Nev and Caragher for two

It's got worse. We're 18th.
Corporal Jones. ......don't panic.
Private Fraser...........we're doomed.
Captain Mainwaring...........stupid boy.

Carragher put Kean up as the one to watch this season but admitted he had never seen him play!

The betting spreads firm which is the best guide had us under or over 53-54 points.

Just about the same as the previous year, so the only improvement expected were people who had done no research
or the every optimistic everton fans pre season.

Or the many who thought the loss of Gueye would mean almost nothing - in fact we might even start passing it better `lllloooolll'.

Or those that thought Holgate, DCL or Davies would suddenly morph from 10mill Championship class players to 40mill+ top 6 types.

All the posters laugh, emojiis etc but no explanation as to what it is they disagree with.

Ive been wrong a million times about football, sport etc etc but people on here cannot ever accept they could be wrong even with compelling evidence. But people still bury their heads in the sand. They cant assess stats evidence rationally. They just make excuses for their own views/opinions and others failings.

I thought Koeman may get us challenging the top 6 then top 4 - proven very wrong.
I thought Martinez may do a decent job if he had help defensively - proven wrong.
I thought FatSam would do a good job - proven correct.
I was pretty convinced that FatSam is/was/will always be a better manager than Silva and that it was an absolutely ridiculous appointment - proven absolutely spot on.
I had a completely open mind about Brands even though 98% of evertonians thought he was the 2nd coming - the last transfer window must go down as our worst in living memory. Not on who we bought but because we had several massive holes at the spine of our team that needed addressing - all he did was buy a young kid who was very unlikely to make an immediate impact.
Also, since his appoinment he has not signes a single plary who could be described as a leader - which this team has been crying out for for years.

Again I will say to you, Fat Sam did absolutely nothing to prove his standing, we slept walked over the line to 8th when the opportunity was there to push on for Europe, his constant criticism of the fans both before and since he left the club shows what sort of character he is.

This club will be the biggest he ever has and ever will manage and he blew a golden opportunity to blow his entire reputation out of the water and do something different

Nev and Caragher for two

Wow. Although the fact that Carragher picked Kean as a possible player of the year without actually having seen him play tells us a lot.

This squad isn’t very good in my opinion, and it certainly isn’t balanced. It makes me laugh that many posters slate all the individual players as rubbish and then say the squad should be top 6.

Wow. Although the fact that Carragher picked Kean as a possible player of the year without actually having seen him play tells us a lot.

This squad isn’t very good in my opinion, and it certainly isn’t balanced. It makes me laugh that many posters slate all the individual players as rubbish and then say the squad should be top 6.

I don't see how our squad is inferior to to Leicester, Wolves, United, West Ham.

Only thing I see are better managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.