2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the extent of the moaning though. After Watford, I didn’t see people wanting Silva sacked or saying that the new signings were duds. If people have these opinions it shouldn’t take ONE defeat to bring them out. By all means, be critical, but there’s some revisionism going on in here and the Silva thread.
That’s fine. I think people saying sack the manager or the new players are rubbish or whatever are absolutely crazy. I was just talking about the lack of logic in saying you should still complain even if everything’s going ok. That makes no sense, and weakens the argument for the defence.

We were piss poor against Watford mate, and I think a lot of lads pointed that out here even though we won. We got a point against Palace but weren't that great against them either, and there was plenty of discontent on here then.

Ok then, why is Brands looked upon as the second coming by most on here? Just go back 3 weeks and have a look. The Silva thread too, didn’t see many dissenters at the start of the season. The love in for Brands was well OTT, I happen to think the love in for Gomes is too. Lovely player......on his day. There’s a reason, in this over inflated market, why he only cost 22m. IWhen the likes of Iwobi and Kean are fit enough to start, we’ll see improvement. Most people’s expectation for us 6th or 7th, so there’s gonna be a few defeats, just that some people’s expectations recently have been a little over optimistic and unfounded with talk of top 4.

Iwobi looked 'bang average' when he came on last night?

Be quiet Dave.
His record is worse than bang average. Big deal, he hit the post.

I hope he does well for us, but the situation now is that he was bought as a bang average forward.

Ok then, why is Brands looked upon as the second coming by most on here? Just go back 3 weeks and have a look. The Silva thread too, didn’t see many dissenters at the start of the season. The love in for Brands was well OTT, I happen to think the love in for Gomes is too. Lovely player......on his day. There’s a reason, in this over inflated market, why he only cost 22m. IWhen the likes of Iwobi and Kean are fit enough to start, we’ll see improvement. Most people’s expectation for us 6th or 7th, so there’s gonna be a few defeats, just that some people’s expectations recently have been a little over optimistic and unfounded with talk of top 4.

Oh deffo agree that some of the hype is ridiculous, I actually thought that the talk that Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U should be looking over their shoulders and worried about us was a tad optimistic.

Imagine blaming Brands.

He didnt buy Walcott or DCL and he doesnt keep playing a League Two Striker up top.

Silva defo didn't buy them either.

Brands has brought players in this summer, though, and he's asked Silva to plait sawdust with them. FFS: sicknote Delph, some mush called Gbamin, the unprolific Iwobi and a RB stand in for Coleman.

Kean is the only stand out signing, and he spent over £100M in the window.

That's called FAILURE.

Brands has brought players in this summer, though, and he's asked Silva to plaIt sawdust with them. FFS: sicknote Delph, some mush called Gbamin, the unprolific Iwobi and a RB stand in for Coleman.

Kean is the on;y stand out signing and he spent over £100M.

That's called FAILURE.

Oh dear.

Brands has brought players in this summer, though, and he's asked Silva to plait sawdust with them. FFS: sicknote Delph, some mush called Gbamin, the unprolific Iwobi and a RB stand in for Coleman.

Kean is the only stand out signing, and he spent over £100M in the window.

That's called FAILURE.
Come on Dave, it's only been 3 games.

That loss was down to Silva

Kean is the onLy stand out signing, and he spent over £100M in the window.

That's called FAILURE.

You used to edge so well...now you just skeet AOTS at the slightest touch. Age?

Status
Not open for further replies.