2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking how he's not been able to even loan any of our gang of losers out. How we're still stuck with Mirallas, Bolasie, Besic, Niasse, Martina and Tosun is beyond me. Yes I know European window is still open, but I'm sure lots of them would have preferred to stay in England.

Besic keeps pricing himself out of moves, Niasse supposedly wants to join Trabzonspor, Cenk for some reason doesn’t want to move anywhere, Bolasie wasn’t keen on going to CSKA and Martina and Mirallas god knows

Ok, centre back options is weaker....but not 1st team. Gbamin can also cover cnetre back remember.

But over all WE ARE STRONGER, thats a fact.

Not IMO.

Theo Walcott will have to play almost every game if we get one injury. That does not scream STRONGER to me.

It's not a disaster at all. But we had a chance to really push on and didn't. We really need to grasp the moment at some point. Looking to the future is all well and good. But good football teams don't do so called "transition seasons". I can't remember the last time we weren't said to be in transition.

Shocking how he is rated as one of the best DOF in the world and scrambling for a 6th choice defender from UtD on the last day of transfer window.

Zaha saga just undermine his incompetence without any backup plan.

I wouldn’t say this is a disastrous window in terms of signing, it’s rather a very disappointing job by Brands at the closing stages. Looks amateur if you ask me.

it’s fine not be held for ransom but it’s stupid when there isn’t any plan for alternatives.

Why spend so long on targets that were not happening, from the off Zouma was zero chance and i cant believe Palace were ever going to sell Zaha, we made them a good offer and they said no, for that money another striker could of been found.

Why spend so long on targets that were not happening, from the off Zouma was zero chance and i cant believe Palace were ever going to sell Zaha, we made them a good offer and they said no, for that money another striker could of been found.

I think they were both gettable, we just didn't have a plan B

Not IMO.

Theo Walcott will have to play almost every game if we get one injury. That does not scream STRONGER to me.

It's not a disaster at all. But we had a chance to really push on and didn't. We really need to grasp the moment at some point. Looking to the future is all well and good. But good football teams don't do so called "transition seasons". I can't remember the last time we weren't said to be in transition.

Had we not even been linked with Zaha, people would not be acting like we have lost a family member!!!

We played Walcott last season.....so how is it WEAKER to play him again ?? He is back up now and was back up last season. Lookman was crap, and never played.

Had we not even been linked with Zaha, people would not be acting like we have lost a family member!!!

We played Walcott last season.....so how is it WEAKER to play him again ?? He is back up now and was back up last season. Lookman was crap, and never played.

We are a couple of injuries away from Holgate and Gibson at centre half!!!

I don't think some people get it!

But yeah the squad is rock solid.

Utter delusion to give a manager this hand and expect him to go injury free and challenge the top 6.

We are a couple of injuries away from Holgate and Gibson at centre half!!!

I don't think some people get it!

But yeah the squad is rock solid.

Utter delusion to give a manager this hand and expect him to go injury free and challenge the top 6.

Or maybe use our new £25 million player at Centre back....who has done it before ??

Rather play Gibson or Holgate that Rojo!!

What a baby.

Striker position has been strengthened with Kean, he looks a very exciting signing so I don't think we need to spend big on another striker.

I don't think Zouma was zero chance from the off, I think we just got blindsided by David Luiz deciding he wanted to join Arsenal at the last minute tbh. I think behind the scenes we were definitely being told there was a deal to be done by Zouma's agent but then it became a definite no from Chelsea when they lost Luiz. Same situation for taking Tomori on loan. That's technically Plan A & Plan B going out the window at the last minute due to an unknown factor, which takes us to plan C.. Football is just crazy how the majority of deals are done at the last minute because eveyrone wants to maximise their cut..

I think they were both gettable, we just didn't have a plan B
Zouma was never gettable, we knew Chelsea had a ban, Zaha maybe but there was that thing about him not wantig to leave London and play in Europe, did he make the effort as well? im not so sure.
Either way we went all out for two players and didnt move on weeks ago

Or maybe use our new £25 million player at Centre back....who has done it before ??

Rather play Gibson or Holgate that Rojo!!

What a baby.

I just hope we are lucky with injuries in key positions. Because we are thin. If you don't agree then fine, that's up to you. But I don't remember many seasons where we've had a regular clean bill of health.

Status
Not open for further replies.