2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious to know that in your opinion, what’s the best transfer window we've had (since the inception of said window).

So we can compare once the season starts.
The first summer window in Martinez's reign; and last summer turned out to be good.

Still, we all knew what needed sorting and Brands said they had themselves ready to hit the ground running this summer. And he hasn't.

How many times have any team, outside the uber-rich clubs, made all the signings they needed by the start of July and had them all bedded in for pre-season? It can't be many. We're no different. These things are difficult and it takes time.

How many times have any team, outside the uber-rich clubs, made all the signings they needed by the start of July and had them all bedded in for pre-season? It can't be many. We're no different. These things are difficult and it takes time.
That well formed and sensible opinion has absolutely no place among the flagrant sensationalism this thread demands.

If we execute the deals late then the impact will be felt by Marco Silva thus that in turn could mean the difference between moving up the table at the end of the season.

I suspect the target is getting into Europe via cup but what the players are told by the manager as our aspirations may be something else.

Totally forgot about Mo Besic and Kevin mirallas still being here. Surely their last summer as blues players?

Also all the best to Jags at Sheffield United

As things stand, with the work done so far this window, we'd be lucky to trouble the top 8.

He needs to get weaving.

If the striker department was sorted, I'd be more relaxed. It isn't though, and the thought of going with Calvert-Lewin and Tosun is too horrendous to dwell on.

As things stand, with the work done so far this window, we'd be lucky to trouble the top 8.

He needs to get weaving.

If the striker department was sorted, I'd be more relaxed. It isn't though, and the thought of going with Calvert-Lewin and Tosun is too horrendous to dwell on.
Striker is the toughest position. Even Newcastle’s Perez was just sold for an absolute fortune. I doubt we have the funds to get a proven striker, so will be interesting to see what we end up with

Striker is the toughest position. Even Newcastle’s Perez was just sold for an absolute fortune. I doubt we have the funds to get a proven striker, so will be interesting to see what we end up with

I wish people would stop suggesting we don't have any money. We have tons of money. It will just be spent wisely.

I wish people would stop suggesting we don't have any money. We have tons of money. It will just be spent wisely.
It's so strange. I'm sure Brands is working hard on selling as well and yes, that could free up more money to complete the squad, but we've got cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.