2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

This is a joke, right?

He signed Kone, who we lost money on, Robles, who we lost money on, McCarthy, who we will lose money on, McGeady, who we lost money on and Anton Freaking Alcaraz.

Meanwhile, big Marcel is out there signing the best LB in Europe and Brazils number 9.

LOL

P
A
R
O
D
Y
£100M for Lukaku.

*Debate ends in defeat for Goat.

What's McCarthy in with that lot for?
Seriously injury prone, yes a good player that I like but your talking about wages that Mina is on, McCarthy has had more than his share in wages and been on the treatment table for how long. 17 appearances in the last 3 years for us, 7 as a substitute.

Last edited:

Doing ok. That's my point though. "Ok", not Time Magazine Man of the Year stuff...which some seem to argue.

Well this is awkward...

PicsArt_06-26-08.48.30.png

Seriously injury prone, yes a good player that I like but your talking about wages that Mina is on, McCarthy has had more than his share in wages and been on the treatment table for how long. 17 appearances in the last 3 years for us, 7 as a substitute.
The point is clear by now though: when holding Brands up to scrutiny it has to be to a reasonable comparison. And Koemageddon is not that reasonable example.

He's doing no better than Martinez did (as we've established) and any comparison with Moyes would just make him look daft.

As said: Brands = doing ok. That's about it.

The point is clear by now though: when holding Brands up to scrutiny it has to be to a reasonable comparison. And Koemageddon is not that reasonable example.

He's doiung no better than Martinez did (as we've established) and any comparison with Moyes would just make him look daft.

I think it’s clear that we’ve established that he is doing a better job than Martinez as per the previous reply’s

He's doing no better than Martinez did (as we've established) and any comparison with Moyes would just make him look daft.

I refuse to continue any further, my head is hurting from shaking it so much and my tongue hurts from tutting.

Stop typing.

I think it’s clear that we’ve established that he is doing a better job than Martinez as per the previous reply’s
Nope. First year purchases for Martinez were largely inspired (Lukaku/Barry/Deulofeu), money well spent (McCarthy) + Kone and Alcarez (one of whom was a free).

Just signing a £27M dud like Mina blots Brands' copy book.

Nope. First year purchases for Martinez were largely inspired (Lukaku/Barry/Deulofeu), money well spent (McCarthy) + Kone and Alcarez (one of whom was a free).

Just signing a £27M dud like Mina blots Brands' copy book.
Sorry mate your wrong on all fronts. 1) we loaned lukaku first then paid 28M for him, as we’ve noted was a large amount then, Barry yes good, Geri eventually didn’t work out, and the Wigan lot your on a wind up with. Mina jury is still out it’s a debate to have at the end of next season, let’s say he has a terrible season or just doesn’t play much I’d be much more confident we could recoup all of the 27M we paid out for him, could that be said of anyone Martinez signed apart from Lukaku?

Ha Ha Ha.

I asked for that.

...and you can knock 10 years off that age...and Runcorn.

Ha ha ! Davek is right though, there seems to be a bit if a narrative that he's some sort of saviour.

The whole "we pay what marcel wants" mentality. He's got in decent players that helped us to 8th in the league and so far he's signed the same player again, this time for money. Still a long way to go before he can be seen as someone who's transformed Everton.

Ha ha ! Davek is right though, there seems to be a bit if a narrative that he's some sort of saviour.

The whole "we pay what marcel wants" mentality. He's got in decent players that helped us to 8th in the league and so far he's signed the same player again, this time for money. Still a long way to go before he can be seen as someone who's transformed Everton.
At the moment though we are comparing his signing to Kone and Alcaraz

Status
Not open for further replies.